Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 --- Band Buddies Unite!

Hi, I was banded the 14th of December and started off super good. I then added soft foods and the weight came back on. I don't think my choices were that appropriate and that caused me to gain the weight I had lost. Is there still hope for me or have I royally screwed up?

Are you tracking your calories? Myfitnesspal is a great way to track calories. You may be eating high sodium Soups and that will make you gain Water weight. Keep up your 64oz a water. Remember, it's a marathon, not a sprint...

SkinnyCubanChick,

Unfortunately I tried that - didn't work. There are too many and all are so bitter that I can't get them down crushed so I've resorted to taking them one at a time slowly and seems to be working. I can usually tolerate taking nasty taking medicines, but you can't even wash away the bitter taste from these pills.

I'm 16 days post op and the pain is gone, but i can physically feel the port. It's kinda freaky!! The pain will subside within 2 weeks completely.

PBTANGO

Glad somebody else said this:) I think mine feels kinda freaky as well! LOL

I laid on my stomach for the first time over the weekend while I was doing yoga, not a good idea. Not major pain but it hurt.....so I won't do that again for awhile!

SkinnyCubanChick' date='

Unfortunately I tried that - didn't work. There are too many and all are so bitter that I can't get them down crushed so I've resorted to taking them one at a time slowly and seems to be working. I can usually tolerate taking nasty taking medicines, but you can't even wash away the bitter taste from these pills.[/quote']

Talk to your doctor about getting them in liquid form! I feel bad for you and I can believe what you are going through!

Lol RNMellie! There's all these little things that we learn as we go along. Like at work, everyone is so fascinated by what I eat. To me, I'm used to the tiny amounts, but it's very funny to them. My coworkers are such a good support system for me! Besides I like telling them when I eat good healthy stuff, so it acts as motivation to stay on track.

SkinnyCubanChick

I already went through what I could get and couldn't get in liquid form with my pharmacist prior to surgery. Only one of my meds which is a capsule comes in liquid. All of the others, if it were possible would have to be compounded and then I would not qualify for my discounted rate I get through my insurance. I can't afford to do that, especially since a couple of them are pricey anyway. So far things are working out.

Ok...can yall tell me EXACTLY what you are doing to prevent Hair loss? ?? I was concerned at first about not losing weight but now i have been losing 1.2 or more pounds a day. My shoes are falling off and my hair is already starting to feel thinner. I think i need to be proactive to prevent hair loss.

Hey ya'll!

I'm so giddy this morning! I woke up, noticed my bloated belly had finally deflated from surgery, ran to the scale and weighed in at 234.5 - down 22.5 since Dec 17 pre-op diet.

I was so ecstatic I tried on a pair of pants I ordered online a long time ago that we're way too small. So my first official NSV is I'm wearing them (and not afraid I'm gonna bust a seam)!

Hope you all are having a wonderful Wednesday as well!

Best,

Chad.

Hey ya'll!

I'm so giddy this morning! I woke up' date=' noticed my bloated belly had finally deflated from surgery, ran to the scale and weighed in at 234.5 - down 22.5 since Dec 17 pre-op diet.

I was so ecstatic I tried on a pair of pants I ordered online a long time ago that we're way too small. So my first official NSV is I'm wearing them (and not afraid I'm gonna bust a seam)!

Hope you all are having a wonderful Wednesday as well!

Best,

Chad.

[/quote']

Yay congratulations! Keep up the great work!