Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 --- Band Buddies Unite!

SkinnyCubanChick

I already went through what I could get and couldn't get in liquid form with my pharmacist prior to surgery. Only one of my meds which is a capsule comes in liquid. All of the others, if it were possible would have to be compounded and then I would not qualify for my discounted rate I get through my insurance. I can't afford to do that, especially since a couple of them are pricey anyway. So far things are working out.

I have one tablet that is so nasty & I have to crush it. It's huge. I'm mixing sf Jello a little cottage cheese & cool whip. I mix it with the med & get it down that way.

Ok...can yall tell me EXACTLY what you are doing to prevent Hair loss? ?? I was concerned at first about not losing weight but now i have been losing 1.2 or more pounds a day. My shoes are falling off and my hair is already starting to feel thinner. I think i need to be proactive to prevent hair loss.

I am making sure I get most of my Protein in (doesn't happen everyday). Then you can take a Biotin pill which helps skin, nails and hair and I am using the Shampoo WEN! You have to order it online but it is so worth it! I will do anything to not lose my hair! Hope this helps!

I am making sure I get most of my Protein in (doesn't happen everyday). Then you can take a Biotin pill which helps skin' date=' nails and hair and I am using the Shampoo WEN! You have to order it online but it is so worth it! I will do anything to not lose my hair! Hope this helps![/quote']

Growganics has an awesome line of products. I have use the hair supplements and my hair grew a lot. Bc you already take Vitamins. Maybe their other products will help

Hi all, just checking in. Im 3 weeks post op, back to work, and hungry lol. My first fill is Feb. 1st and it can't come fast enough. It really is a mental challenge to eat those small amounts of food, but I'm doing it!

I started making my Protein Shakes with a banana and a tablespoon of natural Peanut Butter, mix with chocolate Protein Powder and it keeps me full till 11. I've been logging everything with myfitpal and walking everyday at work. Im down 15 pounds and starting soft meats tomorrow. lunch meat and chicken never sounded so yummy!

Hope you all are doing well!!

For everyone that now gets to eat regular food, not post op mushies, Any ideas? I started regular food on wednesday and I kinda feel like I don't know what I'm doing. They said I dont need shakes anymore. thanks everyone, love this group. All of your stories and comments help so much :)

I have been on regular foods for 2 days now and day one for brerakfast I had a soft scrambled egg, 2 pieces of bacon that is fully cooked "smoked" from your grocery store, pico de gio for the veggie and dole brand of unsweetened applesauce all arranged beautifully on my saucer. For lunch 3oz of chicken breast, green Beans, pineapple tidbits in the little plastic containers. For supper I browned hamburger meat added a lowfat, low sodium taco mix and took long romaine leafs and made wraps with fatfree cheese, picante hot sauce, lowfat sour cream, and mandarin oranges on the side. For dessert/bedtime snack sugarfree klondike icecream bar...fabulous....

Thanks! I like the taco lettuce wrap idea. I really want to eat salad, but wasnt sure if raw veggie is ok to eat.

I have one tablet that is so nasty & I have to crush it. It's huge. I'm mixing sf Jello a little cottage cheese & cool whip. I mix it with the med & get it down that way.

I bought a pill splitter and cut the larger pills into 4-6 pieces. I can get them down that way without them tasting *too* bad.

Hi peeps its been 3 weeks from my surgery already back to work didnt take much time off I have been adding some foods back in my diet I eat a lot of fish just love it so happy I did this I have lost 39 pounds in 3 weeks I can already see the difference

Hi peeps its been 3 weeks from my surgery already back to work didnt take much time off I have been adding some foods back in my diet I eat a lot of fish just love it so happy I did this I have lost 39 pounds in 3 weeks I can already see the difference

Hey there! Awesome progress! Are you on MyFitnessPal, too?? There are quite a few of us from here on there …it's a great way to track yourself and get/give support. I'm DLeigh77 on there, feel free to add me!

Hi everyone, just checking in. I'm 3 weeks out from surgery too and actually feeling hungry. It's worse when I work though, and really just this last week. Someone said its because I'm mostly healed and not swollen anymore so I won't be as full with the really small amounts anymore. I eat anywhere from 500 to 1300 calories a day. I tend to eat more on days that I work because I'm constantly running around which is a good thing. I'm a nursing supervisor on a very busy floor, so I'm always walking and helping my nurses. It's kind of stressful. I think that might be where some of the hunger comes from too. I work about 10-12 hours 5 days a week. When I'm done I'm absolutely exhausted and don't feel like extra exercise. Sometimes my belly hurts after a days work or during, but I'm not lifting. Hopefully I'm getting enough in while I'm there. I don't want to push myself too much too soon. Really want to start walking the track and swimming. Can't wait until my incisions are all the way healed.

I'm still on Soups and softs. Having issues with getting all the Protein in though. Bought some Cookies and cream Protein Shake that is good, but I've never been a big sweets person (I like cookies and cream ice cream), so I prefer the taste of regular food. Can't wait to start eating more meat. I'm currently 33 lbs down. I don't get on the scale every day. Figured I would surprise myself. :)

Well that's my update! Good luck to everyone! I just love reading all the experiences and opinions. Looking forward to seeing us all progress!

70lbs down today including my pre op diet! This feels awesome! 30 since surgery dec 17th! Hope you're all having a great weekend December band buddies!!!

Haven't posted in awhile, had a scare. I was banded 12/18 and went back to work on the 1/2. I am a dental assistant that sits in a chair that has an arm that fits around your middle to lean on while bending over. Need I say "very uncomfortable". Well I developed this redness just under my port and that looked like faded veins. Went in to the Doctor and he said he couldn't rule out an infection and put me on Keflex (antibiotic) for a week. Was also experiencing soreness in the whole abdominal area at the end of a long day. We are a very busy office and I think I was just wearing myself out. Today is my last day of the antibiotic and woke up with no redness! THANK GOD!!!! I was so scared I was going to have to get this out and that I had done all of this for nothing! I am definitely eating more and I can't wait to get my fill and put these hunger pains to rest! My doctor said that by the time I get my first fill it will probably feel like I don't have a band at all and could possible gain some weight back. I am trying really hard not to! Its sad how little I have to eat to lose weight. Sure I lost 17 lbs eating close to nothing for 2 weeks, but now I've been eating regular small meals and haven't lost another pound. I look at what I eat now and its less than half of what I used to eat and still not losing! I must have the slowest metabolism! Is anyone out there trying Raspberry Ketones? Dr Oz said the help with losing weight? Just curious :unsure: