Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 --- Band Buddies Unite!

I think I have developed Thrush on my Tongue. I have a white flim over my entire tongue. Anyone else experience this? Dr wants to wait until Friday to see if it will clear up, but this makes me nervous. If it is Thrush I don't want it to go into my esophagus.

I think I have developed Thrush on my Tongue. I have a white flim over my entire tongue. Anyone else experience this? Dr wants to wait until Friday to see if it will clear up' date=' but this makes me nervous. If it is Thrush I don't want it to go into my esophagus.[/quote']

Is it itchy?

No, it just makes my tongue feel thick and dry.

I know just what you mean. I am so used to picking things up and moving things around . I've had to catch myself a few times picking things up and even pushing things & had to make myself stop

I feel, pretty good. Sometimes feel weak, but I think is because the Protein takes horrible . I have my surgery on 12/21 . So happy about my decision. :)

I hope I am replying correctly u just installed this website as an app on my phone. I had surg in Mexico on the 18th and posted about it. I am going to try to figure out how to post a pic so I can show u all the incision scars/marks. I don't cover them with bandages anymore because they are healing good and the bandages were irritating my skin. My port area is sore but that is it... All other areas feel good. I also majorly screwed up on Christmas and ate the filling of pumpkin pie...NOT GOOD.

Was banded 12/12 can't believe its 2 weeks already. Love this site, thanks for all of your stories, it really helps, this is such a big change, and mostly its a mental challenge. Going to get my first fill on 1/07, anyone have a fill yet? know what to expect?

Good morning ! Just wake up,feeling hungry :) . It's been days that I didn't feel like that .i wasn't able to sleep good last night . I work nights and not used to be on my bed at night :) . But it really feels good to be home .

Hey Dec.banders I was banded DEC.21 and looking for banding support. I have my follow up with my doctor today. I have so many question Like should I be experiencing reflux symptoms, How do I get all my Protein requirements in when I'm on clear liquids.

I was banded on 12/14 and am doing ok. I'm experiencing a couple of wired things but that's part of the game. Have lost 24lbs! Does that sound ok?

I was banded 12/19, they also found a hernia and fixed it so I have ben recovering from that too. I was happy to remove the pain pump 12/22 and take a warm shower. I am feeling good for the most part. I started back to work that Monday 12/24 and sometimes my port site feels irritated so I lean back in my chair to ease it. For BM I suggest a 1/4 cup of warm prune juice (This was suggested by my Dr). The holidays were hard but I had to keep reminding myself nothig tastes as good as skinny feels. last night my hubby was checking out my incisions and commented on how good I am looking already. That felt great. Good luck everyone.

Hospital just called and I am scheduled for surgery tomorrow at 4pm. Horrible time and now because so late in the day I have to stay the night in the hosp. Bummer

Hospital just called and I am scheduled for surgery tomorrow at 4pm. Horrible time and now because so late in the day I have to stay the night in the hosp. Bummer

Hey I am being banded tomorrow as well good luck!! My nerves are really starting to kick in

I got my band on the 26th. I discussed my anxiety about the impending gas pains. And my doctor really listened to me because my gas pains are very minimal. Don't know if he expelled a lot of it or what but I am soooo grateful. I'm doing well and excited about this journey.

First day back at work today. It went really real. No one really quizzed me about how much weight or surgery. I had my post op appt with my surgeon and was shocked to find out that I already have 1cc in my band.

Other that I'm feeling great.

My surgery was on the 14th and I'm so looking forward to that can of tuna tomorroe. :)