Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 --- Band Buddies Unite!

Good morning everyone! I am doing pretty good this morning. I felt sick last night. I think I drank too much Water at one time. I have not started creamy Soups yet. I am having a hard enough time getting in the recommended Protein amount. I have swallowed a Biotin pill. It went down fine. No BM just yet. I have been doing a bit of walking around the house and the gas pain is almost gone. I feel better when I am sitting up rather than laying down. I am sleeping on my side, not what I am used to, so I wake up a little stuff but once I get moving I am fine.

8oz is one cup do yes 1/2 cup is four ounces. I went and bought some cheap measuring cups at Walmart so I wouldn't have to keep measuring the one I had over and over.

Also, I just want to say that it is really good to have somewhere to go to share what I am going through. It's one thing to research and read articles on what to expect but knowing that we are all making this journey together is comforting. My husband laughs because for the last three days, the first thing I do in the morning is see what new posts have been added to the forum. LOL.

Banded on 12/13 plus hernia repair. Feel pretty goodd. Hernia hurt.

Eating Soup, cream of wheat, grits, yogurt and shakes.

I already feel this was the thing to do.

Ok' date=' now Im having major anxiety, because I was never told no more than 4 oz. At a time! So, what does 4 oz. look like in a measuring cup? 1/2 cup? I need an exact measurement please.[/quote']

Please don't panic. As we all have said, every dr. is different. Maybe your dr does not feel the liquid will stretch the band. I didn't ask my dr but I was under the initial impression that liquids went straight through you. My big thing is sipping right now. I can't guzzle liquids like I used to. I have to sip everything now.

Peaceful1: i am in the same boat as you - my doctor did not give me any restriction regarding liquid intake. I have been eating about 1.5 cups of chicken broth at a time and drinking lots of Water whenever i am thirsty. I am on day 4 post-op. One of my pre-op questions to my doctor was whether i could stretch my pouch from drinking too much water too quickly, and she said that i wouldn't stretch my pouch from water.

i purchased quite a few "sippy" cups to help me with sipping and also helps measure how much i am consuming. One downfall, I like this method so much I want to take it to work! LOL I'm sure i'll find a better option, perhaps a "travel mug" will work just as well and not look strange on my desk. I have a bunch of those so I'll try it out later. My biggest challenge is going to be eating slow. Ive never eaten slow! argh!!! I have been practicing slowing my eating for a few weeks with some success. I guess once a "chunk" causes me problems or eating too fast I'll get over the learning curve immediately, lol. On another note it is kinda chilly out 36 degrees. so only because of the recent surgery I wont be driving today. I love the cold, but dont want to be "exposing" my self to a drastic temperature change. I think it was 78 or 83 when i had my surgery a few days ago.

Ive been chewing my Biotin pills with my chewable Vitamins. They dont taste bad with/without the Vitamin chaser. I also take my liquid vitamins at night. Is anyone else taking Vitamins &/or Biotin? If so what kind?

I take The Bariatric Advantage chewable vitamins. and about 5000mcg biotin in the morning. and 1 oz Drinkables Multivitamins at night.

Be careful to follow what your dr. Instructed. Ive read not to exceed 2oz-3oz Fluid intake at a time & told by dr. Not to exceed 4oz or I could risk stretching my newly formed pouch. That means my 32 32 + daily oz of liquid that I drank ,I drink at 2 or 3 ounces each time with about 20 to 15 minutes in between. Make sense?

I takes me a while to get the Soup and water/juice down … not because I feel restrictions, but because the doc and guidelines insist I take me time and use small sips. Now that I really sit and take notice of my amounts, I am taking in somewhere between 50 and 64 oz. per day … slowly throughout the day. :)

I have been swallowing ibuprofen just fine, as well as Tylenol. I was also never given liquid restrictions, but do notice I feel full after not too much of it. So there must be some restriction.

I have still not lost weight since surgery. I'm still retaining Water I suspect.

This weekend we are going home for Christmas and it will be interesting. I told no one in my family about the surgery, so it's going to be a little weird. I plan on saying I had a food poisoning episode and that my stomach doesn't feel ready for real food yet.

Just curious: are any of you blogging or video blogging your journey? I have seen quite a few video blogs on YouTube and I was just wondering if any of you were up there.

So what about NSVs. What is something small that you are going to be proud of? I think I'll be quite happy when my boots slide up easily over my calves. What's yours?

I have a blog … might get into the video thing down the road, but for now I'm tracking progress, goals, recipes, and some day to day stuff. I'll add some pics soon, too. I figure it'll be an outlet for me! :P

So what about NSVs. What is something small that you are going to be proud of? I think I'll be quite happy when my boots slide up easily over my calves. What's yours?

I have two (initially)

1) Entering into Onderland! LOL! Even at 199 I will be happy to be out of the 200's!

2) Crossing my legs without it being uncomfortable!

I think all my NSVs will have something to do with clothes. I have a beautiful pair of pants from Nordstroms that I have not worn in years. I refused to get rid of them and yes they are still in my closet. They are my motivation. I told my nutritionist that I don't have a number set as a goal. I want to get out of Lane Bryant! (LOL)