Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spring Bootcamp 2006

Here I am reporting for duty, thanks for the PM Sarge. I feel like a HUGE failure, I have gained weight been a horrible bandster and not drinking my Water and exercising like I need to lately. Kinda been a little depressed since I have not lost in so long. I was supposed to go for an adjustment last week but my allergies have been a mess and I had too much drainage and they would not do my fill, now have to wait until May 9th. I got all depressed and then thought I would go join weight watchers for their weekly meetings, weigh in and support. My hubby thought it was ridiculous for me to have done that, saying I didn't need support that I had lost over 100 pounds without needing so why start paying for a meeting every week now? I tried to explain to him that I have hit a plateau and have gained a few pounds and that I NEEDED the support and accountabilty. He had been supportive till lately. I feel like a failure. I had lost 140 pounds initially but now that total is only 122 pounds loss, I have gained 22 pounds over a 6 month period of time. I need you guys and this board badly.

That is why I am back here at the spring bootcamp, Please pray for me that I can get back on track and get my goals set and try every day for them. Sorry for the poor-old-me pity party, but I am really depressed about my gain and just had a very bad PB episode after lunch and cannot get over it. Usually I drink hot tea an hour after I eat, but it hurts too.

I am reporting in for duty now.....Will try, try again. I don't want to go back to the person I was before at my highest weight. I know I can do it and I will commit with you all here (again) and try again....

LBT BOOTCAMP SPRING 2006 - Goal weight for June 30th - 225 pounds

4-10 - Weight 243 lbs

4-17

4-24

5-1

5-8

5-15

5-22

5-29

6-5

6-12

6-19

6-26

6-30

Well, Sarge...I was hesitant to join another challenge...because I have been in the last big three and felt like I might need a break. But I found that I need the accountability...so Private Banded reporting for duty. I will commit to hitting my next goal of 180 which is 13 pounds away. I will update my with my measurements sometime this evening. My starting weight as of today is 193.

Arms 13Chest 40.25Bust 45Bra Band 39ABS 38Waist 39Hips 43.5Thigh 22Calf 15.5Ankle 10

Hey Ethel! A wee bird here on LBT told me about TOPS... they may be a little cheaper then Weight Watchers. I haven't been yet... I'm going to my first meeting on Wed. Check them out & see if there's one near you! It seems to be $24 per year + monthly dues of about $3-5 dollars. http://www.tops.org/ Check 'em out!

I can definitely understand that need for support & motivation... I've lost my drive after 20 pounds, lol! You've done GREAT for so long! You give me hope!

Anyway, back to the regularly scheduled program... we won't weigh until next week, but I'm doing better today then yesterday, woohoo!! ;)

OK can you all just shoot me now? I am so upset. I am not losing. I am not maintaining. I AM GAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course it would help if I was actually eating the Nutrisystem meals. LOL!!!! Oh an I leave Friday for 10 days. So once again I am gonna be away from home. SIGH!! Just shoot me now.

Thank you Sarge. I am reporting for duty. Boy do I need this. I am commiting to being the healthiest person I can be. I am finally properly restricted and ready to get the show on the road.

I had been at 261lbs for so many weeks I thought I would loose my mind. (lol) But with this last fill was truely the charm :clap2: and I already feel that I am on the right track.

So, I will recommit to drinking 64 oz of Water daily, eating healthy banster meals and continuing with my daily exercize routine.

I will be away from April 11th till April 21st so I will check in when I come back. (unless I get internet access while I am away)

Well fellow soldiers, I have had a setback. Please read my problem I had yesterday at this thread:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?p=201338#post201338

Long story short, I had an emergency complete unfill last night. :cry I will have to start over on the fills after four weeks in May. I dread having to start over as I had finally got up to 6 cc in my 10 cc band. I am guessing the tighter it gets the more careful you have to be in how I eat and be more conscious of making sure it is practically liquid before I swallow. Needless to say, I am on Clear liquids for 2 days and then will work my way up to soft foods then solids, you know the eating rules after a fill.

I hope I can last 4 weeks with no fill in there, I know it will be very hard as I really depend on my band to keep me full. Please pray for me as I wait out these 4 weeks and going through adjustments to get me back to my 6 cc I was at.:paranoid

Thanks for being here to let me vent and for your kind responses and concerns. Have a blessed day.

OK can you all just shoot me now? I am so upset. I am not losing. I am not maintaining. I AM GAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course it would help if I was actually eating the Nutrisystem meals. LOL!!!! Oh an I leave Friday for 10 days. So once again I am gonna be away from home. SIGH!! Just shoot me now.

Penny, hey girl, hang in there. I am in the same boat as you, gaining instead of losing. I have gained about 16 pounds over the last 5-6 months and cannot get over this. It is very depressing. But I know what to do and for the most part get tired of exercising and drinking all the Water, etc. I know it is worth it, so I am vowing (again) here on this bootcamp thread to try harder and keep at it.

You have done SO good so far. We both need to look forward and stop beating ourselves up over this gain. I know we are both tired of going the wrong way on the scale. We can do this and I am gonna be on this board a lot more for the support I need. I will pray you start losing again and that we both encouarge one another.

Take care and HANG IN THERE! You can do this!

Janet I love you.... I was just getting ready to tell BigEthel about TOPS. You are the TOPS yourself. :hug:

BigEthel keep you head up. We are all here for support. You just have to say the word and we are here for you. Accountability is what you need Boot Camp is the answer. You have done an awesome job!!!!! Keep up the Great Work!!!! Yeahhhhhhh Brenda:clap2: :clap2:

I just read about your unfill. I am so sorry Brenda, I hope you are feeling better and looking for a new doctor. That doctor sucks....

Penni one word.....TOPS

How'd we do yesterday? Penni? How was your NutriSystem food yesterday? Yummy? Brenda? You stick to your liquids?

Did everyone get their Water in? ** Happy dance!! ** I did!! (For the first time in 4 days, lol.) Privates banding together for the win!

Now, since the Water is in... on to the movement! Get that body trucking! ;) See you on the street!

BigEthel- So sorry to hear about your ordeal - but you will get through this & you should take this time to really consintrate on your mental game plan.

It sucks to go through what your going through- BUT if you keep focued & stubborn maybe in the end you'll bestronger than you were before - I believe you will be:0)

Penni- I can only imagine not having my band!! But if therre is one person that can conquer her demonds on her own- its you!!!!! Get pissed! Thats what I would have to do & you & I are two peas in a pod. Get angry & go grocery shopping & buy an arsenal of health against the demond! Focus on nothing but weight loss while your away for 10 days. Most importantly COME STAY WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;0)

Sue- Welcome aboard!!!

JanetC & Teresa- way to go Girlies!!!!

I lost one pound according to the scale- didn't exercise- thats today but got all my Water in & ate healthy. So something worked!

Not doing any shopping cause I am leaving on Friday. I am taking an apple ot eat on the plane and bringing my Water so if I am in the window seat I feel sorry for the other two people. Hey might just switch my seat to an aisle. That will work.

I ate Nutrisystem meals all day till supper. That is my worst time to stay on track. I don't know something just goes haywire and shorts out at supper. I can't seem to grasp that I need to eat Nutrisystem meals instead of chinese, or pizza or subway or whatever. LOL!! Just doesn't compute.

I need a new hard drive. LOL!! Mine just burned out. LOL!!!! I wanna program it for only healthy foods and exercise.

My cold is finally subsiding. I have coughing fits right at bedtime then none for most of the day. My nose is finally clear. So I can breath now. Watch I am gonna fly on Friday. I will have a relapse from all that stale air. SIGH!! That would just be my luck. LOL!!!

My computer died............... oooo Sorry I haven't checked in.... Brenda I am so sorry that happened to you! That doctor should lie down on the table and let you fill his band with a big old needle!

Some times doctors get soooo full of themselves and forget that they are supposed to be there for their patients.... Shame on him! Take it easy and get back your strength girl!

Janet and Teresa, I checked out TOPS, never heard of it before... I bookmarked it so I can go back when I have more time.. I learn so many new things from my Lap Band Friends!!!

I am so mad. about my computer....:heh: Boot camp started and kablooie!!! I am borrowing my Mommy's laptop till I get the situation under control! Looks like a motherboard... crap crap crap!:faint:

Have a good trip Nut! and take care of that cold.... has anyone ever tried that airborn pill they sell?

Sorry I won't be able to punch in as often but I have concoured the Water intake each day.. so count my blessings instead of sheep! I did good!

food has been calling me! :help: I think about food sooo much, CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!

I will make good choices! I will win the battle and then I will win the war!

Love to all till I can check in again!

Jen:clap2:

DOC reporting to duty ... SIR! I will measure tonight... I am on my way to the gym!

LBT BOOTCAMP

4-10 217

4-17

4-24

5-1

5-8

5-15

5-22

5-29

6-5

6-12

6-19

6-26

6-30

Private SuperDaddy...sounds naughty!

I just got back from vacation and just in time for Sarge to turn this Nancy Boy into a towering inferno of molten steel (that's good, right?).

You'll be happy to know that I brought zero amounts of junk food back from mini vacation...it was all discarded before returning.....discarded right into my belly (TIME FOR FREAKIN' BOOT CAMP!).

Gym in the morning...so time for bed.

Jon