Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Loss On Pre-Op Diet

How much do ppl typically lose on pre-op diet? I realize everyone has a different diet prescribed by their surgeon. I gained 5 lbs within the last couple weeks because I got really comfortable not counting calories for a bit. :-) But Im starting day 3 and I'm down 7 lbs already so I'm just curious.

based alot on persons size, as larger bmi's tend to lose more (quickly) but it is merely Water weight but its a great feeling to have a loss just the same......weight goes up and down based on many variables, pms, sodium etc...just focus on following your dr's pre op diet to ready your body for surgery. you deserve to believe in yourself. good luck.

While I appreciate your posting and well wishes, you didn't answer my question. Posting is only helpful if questions are answered. If you don't have an answer, that's okay too. You do not have to reply. I understand there is a host of variables at play, I was simply asking how much do ppl typically lose. I don't need to be told to focus on my diet. Because I've got that covered. I don't believe I implied that I lacked belief in myself. But for the record, I don't. I have seen many of your posts before and I appreciate your thoughts normally.

I actually didn't lose much at all on the pre-op diet. Only a few pounds. My surgeon wasn't really strict with requiring a full liquid diet. I had 3 Protein Shakes and one regular meal each day and wasn't required to journal or anything. I think you should be proud of losing during this phase. You don't have the band yet, so you have no restriction or anything.

I think the amount you lose in pre-op depends on what your surgeon requires from you.

When's surgery?

Wait one minute! What was that all about!! Carolinagirl was trying to help you by saying that there is NOT an answer to your question. Anyone giving you an exact number is just guessing and it wouldn't do you good anyway. I love this forum because of the supportive feeling I get. Attacking someone who took the time to reply back is not helping anyone. Please rethink your post.

Thanks rkimom! Surgery is 11/29. I was pretty surprised to lose so much so fast. I'm expecting that it will plateau soon? Weight loss this fast kinda creeps me out but of course I'm thankful to see the scale go down. :-)

Lori, I do not need to rethink my post. I didn't attack anyone.

Everyone is different none of us can say. I had no preop diet. You were attacking Carolina Girl and no need for that. We don't know how much any given person could lose. It really is individual. I think it was rude what you said. She told you what she thought. Normally I would like post made but that was unnecessary completely

Yep. Carolina Girl was just being honest with you, and she was even very kind about the way she said it to you. No need to act so hostile towards someone giving you the truth.

A WOW from me too....

you know some days its just best not to answer some post....

CG...I love all your post...a open forum is for your answers....so dont stop.....

Wait one minute! What was that all about!! Carolinagirl was trying to help you by saying that there is NOT an answer to your question. Anyone giving you an exact number is just guessing and it wouldn't do you good anyway. I love this forum because of the supportive feeling I get. Attacking someone who took the time to reply back is not helping anyone. Please rethink your post.

Lori, agreed wholeheartedly. We are all happy to share our experiences and if someone doesn't think we answered fully, then move on to the next post. :)

While I appreciate your posting and well wishes, you didn't answer my question. Posting is only helpful if questions are answered. If you don't have an answer, that's okay too. You do not have to reply. I understand there is a host of variables at play, I was simply asking how much do ppl typically lose. I don't need to be told to focus on my diet. Because I've got that covered. I don't believe I implied that I lacked belief in myself. But for the record, I don't. I have seen many of your posts before and I appreciate your thoughts normally.

Try using the manners I am sure your parents taught you.

If someone takes the time and effort to give a heartfelt response, to frankly what was an obvious answer, then someone with class should accept it.

If it is not the answer you are looking for well by alk means let me give you the answer you obviously were fishing for.....gaining 5 lbs while on a doctor directed diet GREAT job, I am sure your liver thinks you are awesome. Now seesawing and losing 7lbs, you are a legend. Keep asking questions, now we knoe how you want them answered. CG, no go deed......

Lori, agreed wholeheartedly. We are all happy to share our experiences and if someone doesn't think we answered fully, then move on to the next post. :)

ReadytoBand: If you react like that to all posts you are likely not to get much advise. CarolinaGirl is a great success and has helped me personally a number of times. NO ONE an tell you exactly how much you should lose. We are all different THANK GOD!

based alot on persons size, as larger bmi's tend to lose more (quickly) but it is merely Water weight but its a great feeling to have a loss just the same......weight goes up and down based on many variables, pms, sodium etc...just focus on following your dr's pre op diet to ready your body for surgery. you deserve to believe in yourself. good luck.

CarolinaGirl I enjoy all your posts. You are always so kind and compassionate.

When I first started here I learned so much from you and I thank you!

Don't let OP upset you, obviously she is just interested in comparing her success to someone else,but just like you said, we're all different and different variables.

Some ppl should not post, if they obvious don't want objective replies!

Alex...

if your out there reading...Id LOVE a LOVE it clic....cuz I just LOVED Banjos post.....just saying...