Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandwagon Supporters

All done and in my hospital room. Will go home tomorrow. Procedure went well. I've been sleepy.

Pardon any jibberish, happy juice is doing the talking. Thanks for the support. Back to Sleepyland now.

Yay Mike!!!! *waves frantically* You made it friend! Thank you for taking the time to say hello and updating all of us! Get some rest, and take good care of yourself!

My surgery is December 17th!! I've been on the liquid diet 4 days now' date=' it's hard, but I actually feel great and it's boosted my inner strength somehow. I also started seeing a therapist this week to give me support through all of this. There is nothing wrong with taking charge of your health and happiness. Be proud, and I'll be sending good vibes your way! :)[/quote']

I am Dec 17 too. On day 4 of pre-op diet. Feeling pretty good. Not too hungry. Are you on the liquid diet too?

Am I the only one who did not have to be on a pre-op diet? My surgery is scheduled for 12/13, which is Thursday, and all I have to do tomorrow, is have a good Breakfast, good lunch, then on liquids after that. After midnight, nothing at all.

I see most of you have been on a liquid diet beforehand...I wonder why my protocol is different? Anyone else not on a pre-op diet?

Am I the only one who did not have to be on a pre-op diet? My surgery is scheduled for 12/13' date=' which is Thursday, and all I have to do tomorrow, is have a good breakfast, good lunch, then on liquids after that. After midnight, nothing at all.

I see most of you have been on a liquid diet beforehand...I wonder why my protocol is different? Anyone else not on a pre-op diet?[/quote']

I had to follow a diet (similar to adkins with plenty of veggies and fruits) and liquid 24 hours before. But I agree, most people I've seen had to follow 2 weeks liquid. More power to them!

Welcome Naturallyjai!

My date is Dec17.

I was due original Oct30' date=' but insurance wanted to recertify hosp.They are new at banding, not the personal, but the facility.

Advice:

You the forum as a social way to speak to people who get what you are going thru.

Be careful of looking for medical advise here. All good intentions, but let your doc be your advisor.

Spend time reading posts by people in all different stages of the journey.

People love to tell their stories and it helps to see what is ahead.

And lastly, best wishes. : )[/quote']

Thanks! I am enjoying reading through the site. You can really tell that every body is different. My surgeon is really nice and so far everything has been good. I was surprised he didn't want to start a liquid diet but i am following his orders to the letter. Hopefully you will get your date soon.

Welcome to the Lapbandtalk :) How exciting that you have a date already!! Wooohooo! I'm hoping that you've been perusing some of the websites pertaining to the bariatric surgeries?

My best advice is to be positive' date=' and be informed. :)[/quote']

Thanks for the response. I have been searching the Internet like crazy and I think I am addicted to the WLS vlogs on YouTube (lol). Are there any specific sites you recommend? I am trying to stay positive but I admit I am nervous.

Am I the only one who did not have to be on a pre-op diet? My surgery is scheduled for 12/13' date=' which is Thursday, and all I have to do tomorrow, is have a good Breakfast, good lunch, then on liquids after that. After midnight, nothing at all.

I see most of you have been on a liquid diet beforehand...I wonder why my protocol is different? Anyone else not on a pre-op diet?[/quote']

My surgeon has not required a liquid / pre-op diet. You are not alone.

Thanks for the response. I have been searching the Internet like crazy and I think I am addicted to the WLS vlogs on YouTube (lol). Are there any specific sites you recommend? I am trying to stay positive but I admit I am nervous.

Totally normal that you are nervous- most people are. I must admit that I'm not...yet...but that might change on Thursday morning. I'm so gung-ho on having this done. I've been SO tired of being overweight...I look at all my nice clothes in my closet, and I just shake my head. I don't fit in anything. I'm in a size 20 pants and 1X to 2X in tops...I used to be a size 8. UGH!

Anyways...

I've done a lot of reading on this site, and it's my favorite out of all of them. I have also read a lot of personal blogs, as I'm interested in one's journey through this. Just make sure you have your list ready, and give yourself some time, to go shopping for food and Vitamins. Get comfy clothes ready, and a heating pad (according to a lot of ppl on here, its a much needed item, so I have mine ready).

Keep the excitement going! You should be proud of yourself for taking this step towards a new, healthier you. Yay!!

Am I the only one who did not have to be on a pre-op diet? My surgery is scheduled for 12/13' date=' which is Thursday, and all I have to do tomorrow, is have a good breakfast, good lunch, then on liquids after that. After midnight, nothing at all.

I'm not on one at all. Just nothing after midnight the night before. Dr did say to start drinking Protein Shakes to find one I liked for post-op but that was it. I don't have any other health issues except for hypothyroidism and am self pay so I feel like I'm not having to "jump thru hoops". Well just that one big hoop of saving for three years.

Oh gosh' date=' that would be awful, but I can see where you got the idea.

I actually visuslize a specific belt. Being a preppy 80s girl, not a Madonna or Big haired girl, I use to have ribbon belts that matched every outfit and matched the headband!!! Those were times when I was athletic and in shape.

So Monday they will put my navy, pink, white, and kelly green belt on me![/quote']

You have me laughing with this image. So great you can think if something like that!

Had all of my pre-op stuff done today. Then' date=' when I got home I got a phone call informing me that I was APPROVED by my insurance company! I am all set for the 19th........can't wait.[/quote']

19th too! There's 4-5 of us. Good luck!

Totally normal that you are nervous- most people are. I must admit that I'm not...yet...but that might change on Thursday morning. I'm so gung-ho on having this done. I've been SO tired of being overweight...I look at all my nice clothes in my closet' date=' and I just shake my head. I don't fit in anything. I'm in a size 20 pants and 1X to 2X in tops...I used to be a size 8. UGH!

Anyways...

I've done a lot of reading on this site, and it's my favorite out of all of them. I have also read a lot of personal blogs, as I'm interested in one's journey through this. Just make sure you have your list ready, and give yourself some time, to go shopping for food and Vitamins. Get comfy clothes ready, and a heating pad (according to a lot of ppl on here, its a much needed item, so I have mine ready).

Keep the excitement going! You should be proud of yourself for taking this step towards a new, healthier you. Yay!![/quote']

I agree this is a Awesome site! It has been a lot of nice people on here like yourself and Banjo.... I have done a lot of researching and watching youtube and I feel like I have already been banded.. lol

I agree this is a Awesome site! It has been a lot of nice people on here like yourself and Banjo.... I have done a lot of researching and watching youtube and I feel like I have already been banded.. lol

I know what you mean. I am obsessing about forums and YouTube as well.

Totally normal that you are nervous- most people are. I must admit that I'm not...yet...but that might change on Thursday morning. I'm so gung-ho on having this done. I've been SO tired of being overweight...I look at all my nice clothes in my closet' date=' and I just shake my head. I don't fit in anything. I'm in a size 20 pants and 1X to 2X in tops...I used to be a size 8. UGH!

Anyways...

Keep the excitement going! You should be proud of yourself for taking this step towards a new, healthier you. Yay!![/quote']

I find out Monday everything I need to stock up on so I will have some time to prep. Thursday will be here before you know it. I am excited for you!

I know what you mean. I am obsessing about forums and YouTube as well.

I think I have pretty much watch most if nt all..