Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandwagon Supporters

My surgery date is December 27 I start my pre-op diet Wednesday!!

Congrats!!! My surgery is the 26th.

Congrats...mine is the 27th...luckily I don't start the preop until the 20th.

Congrats...mine is the 27th...luckily I don't start the preop until the 20th.

My per op starts the 19th.

My surgery date is December 27 I start my pre-op diet Wednesday!!

Congrats, I'm also on the 27th...though I don't start my liquid diet until the 26th (yeah, that surprised me too). Between now and then, I'm just supposed to not gain any weight, and preferably lose another pound or two.

I had a pharmacy consultation today -- that was a lot of information to absorb! I'm currently on meds for allergies, asthma, high blood pressure, hypertension, and diabetes. A lot of them have to be changed post-surgery because the pills are too big (Allegra, I'm looking at you), while others are expected to be cut down drastically or even eliminated entirely, like my diabetes meds, and my blood pressure and cholesterol pills.

Next up is my pre-op physical on the 21st. Then, making it through at least two (if not three or four) Christmas parties without gaining weight. I'm not too worried about that; I actually lost two pounds over Thanksgiving weekend.

Had all of my pre-op stuff done today. Then, when I got home I got a phone call informing me that I was APPROVED by my insurance company! I am all set for the 19th........can't wait.

Hello all, I am new to the forum. I found out yesterday that I am being banded on December 19th. Any advice?

I am just putting this out there to see how those who observe feel about getting banded during the holiday season. I have had a lot of people say to me "What a horrible time of year to have the surgery." I purposely did the surgery before the first of the year for the simple reason that I need to make a lifestyle change, and that includes holidays. I am actually pretty excited that I will not spend one more holiday season stuffed like a turkey for two months straight. Any thoughts?

The food part of the holiday doesn't concern me. Like you, I want to change and today, rather than tomorrow. But I am concerned about feeling ok enough so it doesn't interupt motherly, daughterly, wifely duties during the holidays.

I'll have a week to heal before Christmas Eve. Counting on the blessings of the season to back me up

This is it! I have to be at the surgical center at 8:00 in the morning - eeeeeeeeeeeK! I'm so excited. :)

Wishing the best of luck to my band buddies: maybeme, bronbegins, nicolemm, deb44 and suzannetx!

Here's to an amazing new beginning for all of us!

I was thinking maybe your doctor was making you wear a support. Kinda like the ones for your back and I thought how uncomfortable.

Oh gosh, that would be awful, but I can see where you got the idea.

I actually visuslize a specific belt. Being a preppy 80s girl, not a Madonna or Big haired girl, I use to have ribbon belts that matched every outfit and matched the headband!!! Those were times when I was athletic and in shape.

So Monday they will put my navy, pink, white, and kelly green belt on me!

Oh Amy!!! How exciting!!! Once the IV is in, you'll be A-OK. I'll say a prayer for you tonight, and all the others getting banded tomorrow.

When you have a chance, please update us!

To new beginnings girl!! :)

Blessings to you xoxoxoxo

Hello all, I am new to the forum. I found out yesterday that I am being banded on December 19th. Any advice?

Welcome to the Lapbandtalk :) How exciting that you have a date already!! Wooohooo! I'm hoping that you've been perusing some of the websites pertaining to the bariatric surgeries?

My best advice is to be positive, and be informed. :)

Oh gosh, that would be awful, but I can see where you got the idea.

I actually visuslize a specific belt. Being a preppy 80s girl, not a Madonna or Big haired girl, I use to have ribbon belts that matched every outfit and matched the headband!!! Those were times when I was athletic and in shape.

So Monday they will put my navy, pink, white, and kelly green belt on me!

That's so darn funny and sweet Banjo! I absolutely love your outlook on the whole thing! Way to go! You made me laugh! Thank you :)

Welcome Naturallyjai!

My date is Dec17.

I was due original Oct30, but insurance wanted to recertify hosp.They are new at banding, not the personal, but the facility.

Advice:

You the forum as a social way to speak to people who get what you are going thru.

Be careful of looking for medical advise here. All good intentions, but let your doc be your advisor.

Spend time reading posts by people in all different stages of the journey.

People love to tell their stories and it helps to see what is ahead.

And lastly, best wishes. : )

All done and in my hospital room. Will go home tomorrow. Procedure went well. I've been sleepy.

Pardon any jibberish, happy juice is doing the talking. Thanks for the support. Back to Sleepyland now.