Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

To Full???

Had my 2nd fill on Thursday and am now up yo 6cc in a 10cc band. Since the fill I've been having this strange sensation in the very bottom of my throat after I eat even the smallest amount. The only relief I get is after excusing my self to the bathroom to "pb". I don't bring up food but this disgusting slime.(sorry for the graphics). I'm nervous to go have any Fluid removed because I WANT to start losing weight!!!

harleymelm

This also happened to me, I have 7 1/2 cc in my band. I had my second fill 3 weeks ago, and now I can say that that strange sensation has deminished alot. I too am scared to have any Fluid removed in fear of not loosing any weight. Just be patient

Is it because the opening is agitated by the fill? I didn't have that problem at all with the first fill. How long did you have this sensation? Its awful.. I had the surgery August 30th and have only lost 3lbs up until this fill. I need that kick start!!

harleymelm

i am 15 days post op,and havent had my first fill yet,but i have been getting that stuck feeling also. yesterday i ate Breakfast fine,at 7am...at 1230,tried to eat lunch, took 1 bite and vomited slime. today,breakfast and lunch fine,but i couldnt eat dinner...took 1 bite and vomited slime about 10 times...that was at 730pm...its now 1130pm,and i still dont feel better!!

First, being tight doesn't equal losing weight. At all. In fact, if you're too tight you're much more likely to gain weight because you can't eat healthy foods.

With that said... you just had your fill on Thursday. I would do a couple things. Go to liquids for the next 24 hours to give the irritation and swelling time to diminish. Then, go onto soft foods, then solids. Do this slowly and with caution.

When you eat, take VERY small bites. I mean like the size of your fingernail. Chew it until absolute mush and pause between bites. Very often after a fill it's a learning experience because the way you were eating simply no longer works.

If none of this works, then I'd definitely call your doc to discuss a slight unfill.

Best wishes to you.

Thank you so much for all the insight. Luckily for me making healthy choices in food has never been difficult for me but Portion Control always has been. I'm relieved to know that the feelings I've been having lately should get easier..

harleymelm

Woke up today extremely dehydrated. Called the doc and went in and had .5cc removed. Wow what a difference! Was able to eat a cup of broccoli tonight. That's more than I've had in a week!

harleymelm

I had a fill last week & have been miserable ever since. I'm going for a little out in the morning. Good news I've lost 10 lbs bad news I'm dehydrated & dizzy. Cant wait until my appointment!

I feel your pain mama. I was so miserable and sick I know how awful it is. You will feel so much better after your appt. I honestly considered going into the ER for fluids last night. Tonight I'm taking in ALOT of Water. Good Luck! Let me know how your feeling tomorrow!

harleymelm

I had. 5 removed this morning leaving me with 7.5. I just tried to eat Soup & lost it. Maybe its just really swoollen? Any suggestions?

You will be swollen, even after an unfill. If you keep having problems with liquids be sure ti call your doctor. Take care.

Hope your feeling better soon mama. I know the unfill sure helped me!

harleymelm