Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery is tomorrow. My boys are spending the night with my parents tonight since we leave so early in the morning.

My husband has taken off the rest of the week to be my nurse just in case.

Should I be able to take care of my boys or what should I expect?

I hope I feel good enough for 2 parties on Saturday and church on Sunday.

Everyone is different, but 2 parties may be pushing yourself. I'm 7 days post op & today was the first tolerable car ride.

U might be fine to go party on sat I returned to work house whole chores ect after just 4 days but I'm very independent

I went back to work on day 5 and it was rough. I had to come home and take pain meds and phenergen. It was mostly being in the car that made me wanna puke and I just feel weak. Just don't over do it! Good luck!

Try and take it easy, and although you'll be able to get around, it seems you have an ambitious weekend and should try to stay a little more low-key. I went to work after 3 days, but was still in some pain and uncomfortable.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress...this is one of the best decisions you've made!

Surgery is tomorrow. My boys are spending the night with my parents tonight since we leave so early in the morning.

You didn't mention how old your boys are, the younger they are the longer it may take for you to be able to take care of them.

I had surgery on Friday and attended church that Sunday. I'm Lutheran but did not participate in the "Lutheran Aerobics" that week. I stayed seated for most of the service. My pastor and many other members were aware that I had surgery. If you have communion every week - wait a few weeks before you try. As I mentioned my pastor was aware so I went forward for a blessing each week instead of taking communion.

Everyone's recovery is different. Listen to your body about whether or not to go to the parties. If you do be sure to take it easy and relax.

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. I really needed it tonight.

I have 5 1/2 yr old twin boys, we are very close so it is hard on me every time I leave them. So of course I kept that big smile and as soon as I was out of sight I broke down.

I think the whole thing has just been building up for so long, I have been working on this since 2008. So it is hard to believe it is actually here. Im a little scared, anxious, excited and anything else you could imagine.

In perfect peace he'll keep me........

God Bless all, hopefully I will feel up to it to check in tomorrow night!

Thanks again!

Tiff

Good luck tomorrow and I am hoping you have a speedy recovery. I was able to get around on my own by day 3. I wasn't running any races but I think I even went to Wal Mart and walked for about an hour on day 4. You will be fine, just don't try and lift your boys up for a bit. Good Luck Tomorrow!!!!

Yeah like everyone says, depends on your age, health history, and such for determining factors on how well you heal. Also, if you're a smoker (which is ridiculous), your healing time is also longer. I was back to work 2 days post op. Just had my surgery done a week ago. I feel great.

-Melissa M.

Whew!!! I would skip the parties at least! I had my surgery on a Thursday. I wax in bed all day Friday (with the exception of walking a bit around he house), and Saturday I slept most of the day! I couldn't even sit up on my own. My husband had to help me up until about Sunday, web I could sit up by myself! I didn't do anything for about a week!

Wow...that was poorly typed. Sorry, I think you still can understand what it is supposed to say! Sometimes I hate typing on this smartphone!

Good luck tomorrow! I'm behind you on 8/8.

Well surgery went great per the surgeon. I am having a hard time with recovery. side effects from pain killers aren't helping much.

My biggest incision hurts, and my right shoulder, I kept having dry heaves but they got me something for that, and I was able to stop the dry heaves for now. Every time I drink Water I feel burning, like it gets stuck.

So I am just praying asking the Lord to help me!! Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

No parties for me!

Yup, everyone is different. I am 10 days post op and I am about 85% feeling good. Still very swollen and have minor incisions soreness. I have no children living with me and hubby is doing all the household chores :)

Well surgery went great per the surgeon. I am having a hard time with recovery. side effects from pain killers aren't helping much.

My biggest incision hurts, and my right shoulder, I kept having dry heaves but they got me something for that, and I was able to stop the dry heaves for now. Every time I drink Water I feel burning, like it gets stuck.

So I am just praying asking the Lord to help me!! Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

No parties for me!

It gets better!