Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking To Form A "late June Bansters" Support Team. Want To Join?

I can't decide who to tell. I'm on maternity leave right now so this is a great time to get myself started on this new path. Plenty of time to cement the good habits before heading back to work in November. So far only my husband, my mom and sister (they will be watching my munchkin while I have the surgery) and one pal who had the RNY 7 years ago...I would like to tell more of my friends but sometimes it seems even the best of friends seem to want to keep you in your "place"....? ie, its always nice to have at least one pal who's fatter than you to boost your self-esteem...passive-aggressive nonsense at this age you would hope.

I want to join I will be having my banding on June 28th and I am so ready.....but first I am having my Gallbladder removed on June 13th.

I ordered samples from Chike and tried the banana Protein Shake this morning. Pretty good! I only have to do a liquid diet for the day prior, but I thought I'd start incorporating a few shakes to get me used to the idea of a liquid diet. 9 days!!!

Day 7 of 28 on shakes and green veggies...I have discovered a way to turn my shake into something resembling ice-cream! I might actually make it the whoe way through now....

Good luck to everyone I don't have a date yet but wanted to wish you all the best

I had my pre-op appointment at the hospital, did all the pre-admit paperwork and met with the nutritionist. I am getting so excited for a week from today! I only have 1 day of pre-op diet to follow. I'm doing my own little self imposed pre-op diet.

Good luck to those being banded this week! Keep us posted on how you're doing.

I have to do all liquid Protein Shakes but can have clear broth Popsicles etc for two weeks prior to surgery. So far day 2 and it's ok. I have been known to "sleep eat" in the past which is my biggest worry. My shakes- Bariatric Advantage are pretty tasty.

Band date is 6/25 and preop tests 6/14.

I started my two week preop diet yesterday and my surgery is June 20. I found yesterday to be extremely easy, not sure if it's the prospect of the surgery or just finally ready to lose. I've told my family and a few friends. I'm not going to be announcing it on Facebook though. Good luck to you all! I'm hoping this will change our way of thinking about food.

I'm being banded June 20th too!!! I'm in Australia.

I am being banded on June 28th. I had to go thru 6 months of medically managed diet. I have lost 35 pounds and am now 13 days out from

Surgery. I don't have to do the two liquid regimen as I have lost so much weight. I do have to do a liquid on the 26 th, clear on the 27th and do a colon cleanse on that day. And we just ordered probably 90 bottles of the premix Protein drinks to have on hand. I will be on drinks for two weeks after surgery then one week pureered then one week soft and then I can start bringing in more chewable food.

We thought surgery would have been August or so. Insurance approved way faster than we anticipated. OMG I am going thru all sorts of emotions from scared, excited, nervous, scared. It is mostly the unknown that scares me.

Good luck gersue! I am also scheduled for the 28th! Very nervous, but very excited!

Man o man I am day 10 going on 11 day preop and i feel like crap! It feels like my body is just wearing down i am assuming from lack of food. It doesn't help that i am due for my period next week so i am achy b/c of that as well. I am kind of having pain in my lower back, is anyone else? Trying to decide if i am not drinking enough Water or what the deal is. How is everyone else holding up? Surgery is tuesday for me!!!

I have lost 9 pounds in 10 days though, so that was exciting!

Hi there! I'm in Austin, surgery is June 22.

Pre-op started June 10 (supposed to be 6/8, but I was at a motorcycle rally that weekend. My nutritionist gave me the ok to start when I got home). It's the first phase of Atkins. The first few days were MISERABLE. Then I had a meeting with the surgeon and he explained the why and what could happen if I didn't stick with it... Now I'm scared out of my mind and don't even allow myself the 20g of carbs I can have!!

My husband and parents know. And one friend from church. She had the bypass in 2000 and is a big support!! I'm not hiding it from anyone, just don't want to be open about it during the hard parts - in a month, when I can eat solids, I'll probably start telling people.

I'm June 25th and I can't wait