Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Members Being Banded In March 06

Teachntots--

I can sympathize. I think I've been pretty good about sticking to my eating plan, but my exercise has been spotty and I haven't been losing much...12 lbs since surgery. I also lost alot while on the pre-surgery diet.

I've been walking some and a couple of days a week I'm doing some fairly strenuous work in the garden for an hour or two at a time. The problem is that on some days I do nothing.

I've only had one fill and am not due for another till July 5th. The surgeon told me that they would like to see 1 to 2 lbs per week and I'm hitting that so they are happy. After taking this big step and seeing some of the other results I was hoping for a faster loss.

I think I need to weigh myself less often and focus on some other things in my life and the loss will come. I'm on vacation next week and will be eating in restaurants a lot, but we'll also be doing a lot of walking so I'm hoping to break even....maybe even lose a little. That's hard to imagine right now considering I'm at work, it's 2:45pm and I'm hungry as can be.

Anyway, you're not alone and all progress is good progress so stick with it and have fun on yur summer off.

Ellen

Well, after 3 weeks since my first fill, I don't have any restriction at all. I even tested the band with soft rolls and had no problems getting them down. I have set another date for my 2nd fill on June 6th with Dr. Dobson in Arlington, TX. I also wanted to post my opinion of my fill experience with him the first time around. He was very professional but the 'girl' that worked with him was rude, sloppy, and disrespectful to me and the Doctor. Their interaction with each other was like something you would see between two lovers. I'm not saying that is the type of relationship that they have---I have no idea and frankly, wouldn't want to know. But her disrespectful attitude was tolerated by him and she couldn't keep her hands off of him. He did the fill with one stick and was very polite and professional. They wouldn't let my husband join me in the room though and the excuse was that the room was too cramped. I then entered into a normal sized clinic room of aprox. 14 x 16 feet. My whole family could have fit in that room with floorspace to spare so I don't know what the REAL reason is/was that they wouldn't allow one personal friend to join me. All in all, OK experience but if I were that doctor, I would have fired her ass right on the spot! I am going back to him for my other fills as I haven't found anyone closer to me who is reasonably priced.

Raven, it's awful that you were treated so badly by the nurse. The next time you go in for a fill, quietly tell the receptionist that you prefer not to have nurse X in the room for the fill. You and your insurance company pay the MD for a service and that should NEVER include disrespectful attitides. As for the MD, he should know better than to flirt and tolerate/participate in unprofessional behavior.

I had my first fill yesterday and don't go back to regular foods until Monday or Tuesday so I don't know if I am restricted or not... on a full Fluid diet today I felt the same as always. During the fill, it was just me and the surgeon... no RN or PA.

Iv had two fills, I lost 17 pounds during the liquid phase, gained 3 pounds when I started eatting food again and Ive lost 9 pounds in May for a total of 29 pounds!!

I want to lose 15 more before end of july, Ive had two fills although I manange to eat too much still it way less then what I used to eat!!

I wet back for a fill yesterday but docsaid no way youve lost 9 pounds.

Soi I tell him that Im still eating too much and in true style he says to me well then stop it!!

hope all of you are doing well.

Vegaswildflower--don't you love the practicality of the dr???? :) HA!!!! I wish I wouldn't have needed the band and could have stopped before paying so much $$!!! :)

Teachntots---How are you doing????? Haven't heard in a while....praying your getting your exercise in!!!!

I'm still losing....but not as fast....but hoping to jump start w/ next fill. Although the dr scheduled it for one month after the first one...well I had to cancel that....so have scheduled a month later for July 5th. My mind is still the struggle at times!!!! But better most days!! :) My other battle is too big a bites.....UGH!!!!!! And as a medical person learned to inhale my food....so am slowing down.....slowly!!!!!! :)

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -48lbs :)

Hi everyone! I am so lucky to have the husband that I have! He is an Emergency Room PA-C (16+ years) and has said all along that he can do the fills. Well, after my first fill on May 9th that left me broke and still able to eat like a horse, I figured what the hell, he might as well try. He did it quickly and on the first stick-----adding one more cc for a total of 7.25 in my 10cc band. NOW I have restriction AND my weight loss is happening again! I am soooo excited! I had initially lost 16 pounds during the liquid/ recovery phase and then started solids again gaining back 6 pounds with no restriction. Since my 2nd fill, I've re-lost the 6 pounds and hope to have another 10 gone by the end of July for my 20 year high school reunion. My hubbie jokes that with him on site, I can have custom fills and withdrawals depending on the restaurant that I want to eat at. LOL

OHH So jealous! Mine are $205 with fluoro. I just had to pay $100 when I was on vacation because I got too tight around that TOM.

I used to say that I should marry an auto-body repairman, now maybe it should be a PA-C. :)

;) Kristin

You are blessed!!!!!!!! I am the PA-C but can't imagine doing that to myself!!!! So I am stuck w/ going to the dr!!!! :)

LOVE the idea of loosening for good food ;)

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -48lbs :o

MelodyJ

I've been exercising every day this week...my kids are doing the tape with me...they are 3 and 5. It is too funny. The weight loss is very slow. I was supposed to go the Dr. for a one month after the fill check up and want another fill. I couldn't go because my husband was out of town and I couldn't find a baby sitter. I get the golfball feeling with the first bite or sip of anything and then I can eat for what seems like forever. So, the doc will see me next week and is in agreement that another fill is in order. Haven't been on the scale all week. It is also a monthly bill week so that scares me off the scale until that's over.

Teachntots--

YIPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! :o I am so PROUD of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good job on the exercise!!! So glad you have the time now!! You may want to video the kids exercising with you....might win Funniest Home Videos!!! :)

I cannot eat until about 10:30am....I get up around 7am....my band won't let me....I get stuck! At 10:30am I get a cheestick...take a small bite then chew to goo....put it in my pocket (in the plastic of course :biggrin1: ) and then see a patient ....come out and take another bite....lasts quite a while....and I get no golf balls!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

I was supposed to get a fill on June 7th...but my husband will be out of town....so am waiting til July 5th....I think I'll be ok....so am going to fight the good fight and WIN!!!!!!!!!! :D

Praying you keep exercising and despite bills you LOSE BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -48lbs :D

Teachntots

I'm very glad to hear you have been able to work in some exercise. I think that's the key.

I just got back from a week in Yellowstone and I walked as much as I could every day.....which at an average elevation of 7500' was tough at times. I got on the scale as soon as we got in from the airport tonight (with clothes and shoes on). It's looking as if I lost even with eating out every meal. I'll know for sure first thing tomorrow morning. I've got to find a way to include this kind of exercise after I get back to work sitting on my tush every day in front of a computer.

Ellen

Hey Everyone- my name is Liz- I was banded 3/14/06 in Boston. My band was filled for the first time 5/1 w/ 1cc (10cm band). I felt a bit restricted before the fill, after the fill with certain foods I have been very restricted (golfball in chest, slime, PBs, lightheadedness) :girl_hug: ... I am going today and am going to have a little taken out. Otherwise all is well. How is everyone else doing?

Liz---looks like your doing GREAT on your weight loss!! Hopefully, better after a little unfill....that's great that it took so little to help!!!!

I'm doing great!! Feel so GOOD....glad I did this!!!

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -49lbs :rolleyes:

Hi I was banded on march 3, 2006. I have lost a total of 34 pounds. I have already had 2 fills and really don't have much restriction. The main thing that has changed with me is I crave sweets. I was never a sweet eater, you could leave a whole cake in front of me and it would be safe, If it was a steak however it would have been gone in 2.2 seconds. Has anybody else noticed a change in their tastes or cravings?

Ronda

225/191/140

Dr. Kuri/Mexico

3/3/06

1st. fill 4/22 1.6cc

2nd fill 5/13 .6cc

Ronda-

I have noticed I want healthier stuff....thinking it's the motivation of loss....I have tasted a couple of sweet things...but not my favorite and that was a struggle before the band....loved those sweets ;)

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -49lbs :D