Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Members Being Banded In March 06

I don't get my first fill till May 12th and I'm looking forward to it. I am still on mushies and eating less than 1,000 calories a day (more like 700) but have only lost 5lbs in the 3 weeks since surgery. I lost 12 lbs on the week long pre-surgery diet. I guess my body is trying to proetct itself now, but I know it will eventually come off if I keep eating the way I am and exercise more.

Ellen

I went to see the doc yesterday for my first fill (was banded 20th March). One of my incisions isn't healing well so he said not to worry and sorted that out...then the fun started! My port has changed it's position!!! He pushed and pummeled to find the darn thing and then managed the fill! I was uncomfortable rather than in pain. He said it may move back of it's own accord but he knows where it is now so he can do the same each time if need be - oh yay!!!!

As for food, I needed that fill. I was eating more this last week and only lost half a kg. I don't feel much restriction but then he said Soups for a couple of days and then try really slowly to reintroduce foods. We'll see how that goes after the weekend.

My first fill is scheduled for May 9th with a Doctor in Dallas that works with Dr. Rodriguez from Mexico (my band doctor). I am so excited and looking forward to the fill because I have been really eating a lot this last week. I think it's because I am ready to start my period as well as starving the last few weeks I feel like I've 'earned' it. Stupid sounding I know! I really pray that this fill gives me the restriction I've been reading about.

I was banded on March 30, did fine at the post-op visit and don't go back to have a first fill until June 5th. I am still on a soft diet, do not feel full and have never experienced the side-effects that others post on the board (likely because I am unfilled).

I'm committed to the surgery and am following the diet in the hopes of making life long healthy changes and losing weight. I look forward to updates on how the March group is progressing.

I got my first fill today. The doc called it "agressive"- 2cc in 4cc band under flouro. It was really cool watching it all on the monitor and didn't hurt, just felt weird.

I'm on Clear liquids 3 days, then full liquids for 3 days and so on. :( I hate drinking my meals. Oh well, maybe the scale will start moving!!

i am scheduled for my second fill on may 10. i have lost 10, and the last couple of days i have gained back a couple. i dont think it is true weight gain, rather i think it is Water retention and lack of regularity. regardless, i hate not seeing the scales move. i MUST break the weighing everyday habit...

Maybe my next fill will give me some restriction and i can get this party started!

Well I did it! I got my first fill yesterday afternoon! I was so nervous! :nervous Once I finally found a parking space (good grief :mad: ) I was ready to go! Even after I checked in and the receptionist forgot about me and let 3 people that had appointments after me go ahead of me because she forgot to have me fill out some paper work for my "new" chart!:tired So 30 minutes later I was in and anxious (sweaty palms and all)! :nervous After I made it through to "the inside" it went swiftly!:) Dr. Maese found my port quicky and on the first try and he gave me a 1.6cc fill in my empty 4cc band!:eek: I said to him that it seemed like alot and he said yes, it's 1/3 of what it will hold! Oh my!! Then it was off to do the fluro! I stood there and swallowed my barium and watched it go right down and through!! Too cool! :) He then told me everything looked good, gave me a picture of my fluro and that he would see me in 3 weeks. Excuse me :Banane56: ....isn't that a little soon???? So I am now on liquids for the next 2 days :cry but am ready to get on with it! So all in all it was a good experience and we will see how it goes!!! Wish me luck!

Kristi/Keller TX

Seems to me that we're all doing great, not so much in our minds maybe. But looking at those that post their weight stats, I'd say that the 1-2 lbs a week is happening.

I know for me I want to go to bed and wake up skinny...ain't happenin'! I've really tried to break the weigh every day thing. I try to weigh every Monday morning. My weight fluctuates so much day to day because its getting hot here in Florida and for me that means swollen ankles. So the Water goes up and down.

Good luck everyone...seems we're a bunch of losers...the good kind!!!!

I'm scheduled for my first fill May 9th~! I am soooo excited! I have not experienced "restriction" (except for the first week or so after surgery due to swelling) so I look forward to getting this party started as well! I have lost some weight but got on the scales today and two pounds crept back on (period starting?). I, like others, want to go to sleep and wake up tomorrow looking like the Rock Star that I know I can be! Patience is not an attribute of mine~~~ perseverance is though! I want to let everyone know that I actually squeezed my fat ass into a size 12 jeans today! And baby I'm wearing them around! Who cares that I can barely sit down or bend over! I'm so happy that I made up excuses to go out in town! Gawd, I'm so shallow at times!

I have my first fill date for May 15th. I'm pretty excited/nervous. I have had restriction as well as pb'ing. I can't seem to get this slowwwwwwww thing down. I'm really working on it. I lost 16 lbs the first two weeks, but nothing this past week. :( I would think I would, as my calorie content hasn't gone over 1000-1100, but I think my body is adjusting. Oh and my oncoming time of the month usually has me retain as well. lots of fun, that it! This past week, we've had a few days at 100 degrees, which is a little early even for Austin, so I think I need to kick up the Water, a lot!

Good luck to all of us Marcher's! Keep up the good work!

sam

Well....I've finally found the March '06 bandsters site!! Yipppeeee!! :eekB: I was banded 3/20/06 in Dalton, GA w/ Dr. Jaime Ponce. Good experience. I am now living in FL......job relocation! I am scheduled for my first fill on Wednesday, May 3rd in Zephyrhills, FL w/ Dr. Grossbard. I am told he's great as he has had the band placed! :) We shall see now won't we?!! :o I have lost 37lbs!! Woohoo!!! The first 22lbs came in the first week honestly! The last 15lbs have been in the last 4 weeks. I am still excited. But wouldn't it have been AWESOME to lose 22lbs every week!! I am about 1/4th of the way through this weight loss process!! :) I am learning what slow really is....had no clue before! I am learning how good I can feel with eating healthy and walking daily. :D

Hope to get close w/ other March Bandsters!!

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -37lbs :D

Great Loss Melody, Glad you found us!

Keep up the good work. I definitely need a more regulary walk schedule. :)

take care,

sam

Thanks Sam....I am trying so hard!! I just don't want to think I've spent all this money for naught....that and I've truly failed so many times....I just want to give it my all!! :)

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -37lbs :)

Hey Melody,

I think we're all in the same boat. The last couple of weeks have been 1-2 lb losses, and I'm disappointed. But then I think, hey, before the band, I would have been way happy that I was doing anything besides gaining. lol. I go for my first fill on 051606. I'm nervous about that also. Kind of anxious and excited all at the same time. We'll make it!

Take care,

sam

Hello everyone!

I'm march bander too. though I have been visiting this forum regularly, I think I have yet to introduce myself here.

Will be going for my first fill on 3 May and hopefuly I could see some more weightloss. Mine has somewhat plateaued.