Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Members Being Banded In March 06

I havn't herd about a pre-op diet can you send me some info? all my trest are done. I she the doc on the 11 of July.

I made it past 30 , In the past 30 has been an word I avoid, as I turned 29 the last 3 years in a row!!

but This time Im telling from the Rafters 31 pounds!!!

Yea!!

Way to go Vegas!

I went for my 3rd fill Thursday, but the Dr. wouldn't do it. He said I had lost 10 lbs since my last visit 5 weeks ago and that was fast enough. I really wanted to lose about 20 lbs more before going home to see the family in August. He wants to see me in 4 more weeks. He said that if I hadn't lost 5 lbs by then he would put a fill in.

One reason he didn't fill me was because I swell pretty bad in the summer time and he said when your hands and feet are swollen...everything is swollen and that he would rather me wait than have to come back in two weeks to take some out, because everytime you put that needle in there it is an opportunity for infection. He said the chances of infection are very low, but it could happen.

I love my doc and I trust him completely. I didn't like it much...but I'll just have to work harder. If I could only get the motivation to get on that treadmill.

dh and i went for our two and three month check ups. they were finally able to give him a fill in the office and today gave him 6cc. he now has 8cc and is finally feeling some restriction. i on the other hand didnt get a fill today. i think im good for now. ive lost 13lbs since my last check up and think i may just wait till next month and see how things are going. while dh had only lost 5lbs this month, he has lost 27lbs in body fat!!! thats only in one month! hes built up his muscle and his Water weight was up. so im hoping that he will finally see some restriction this month. his port is just situated in an awkward position so when they got it today we all did cartwheels!

WHERE ARE MY MARCH BANDSTERS?

Time to check in again.

I hope everyone is feeling and doing great.

I'm just starting to feel restriction. It's wonderful. And well worth the wait!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I went today for a very small fill (0.3 cc's). I was hoping for at least 0.5 cc's but they want to go slowly and fine tune the band every 6 weeks. I'll see how this one goes. I look forward to hearing how everyone else is doing.

I'm feeling wonderfully! I'm down 55 lbs. since March 27th, 2006 and I'm down 73 total! I love this band!!!

If you click on the link below, there are many pics of my band journey!

http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l4/willowbas

Irony: a restrictive device freed me from the prison that held me captive: food. July 4, 2006 (my PERSONAL Independence Day...the day I quit fighting my band)Bridget21.gif

Way to go Bridget on the weight loss! I am doing good. I had a brief scare where I suddenly wasnt' able to eat or drink even Water for the past two days so I went to the ER this morning and got a complete unfill. I feel MUCH better and was so relieved to get a fluro done and find out that my band is still in perfect place and has not slipped at all. I am going to wing it and let my tummy and band heal for the next 2-3 weeks and then go for a smaller fill. I was fine on my last fill for almost 2 months and then all of the sudden it was way too much for me. But all in all, I do love my band. I will not get near as much fill in when I go back this time *(I was filled to 3.2cc/4cc) because I am almost at goal and don't want to risk being too tight and damaging my band like before. I got lucky that there were no problems. I am not going to take that chance again, I want my band for life! But I am down about 75 lbs so I have no complaints with the band at all!

~Liz~

03/10/06

241/166/160

5'7''

Elisabeth,

GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bridget,

So impressed with your photo journal!! Just BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!

Liz,

WOW!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can HARDLY wait to say I'm almost to goal....you truly have done well!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have much more to lose so mine seems to go faster....but you are IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!!!!!

I have lost 85lbs since March 20th!! :o Love losing the weight....at times....around the TOM it is frustrating as it clamps down....can be VERY controlling but would still do it all over given the results!!!!

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -85lbs :)

Checking in. 103 lbs down. Holding steady, same 2# back and forth.

YOU LOOK JUST BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations. You are truly an inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing. I'm three days post op and looking forward to feeling and looking better.

Regards,

LOOK AT YOU! Almost at goal! I'm so jealous! Congrats and glad you got the band problem fixed asap! That may have saved you from a slip! :clap2:

I'm down 47 pounds since March 23rd. I'm one of the slow losers, I guess. I love the photos of Bridget! We have/had almost the exact same body shape. I totally studied those pictures. I can't see my near 50 pound loss on myself as clearly as I can on someone else. What a good idea. I wish I had thought to do that. I'm sure that if the camera was out and I was in a bathing suit, I'd have hidden far away. Now I love shopping for clothes and bathing suits in the regular department. No more "plus" or "womens" clothes for me. My greatest non-scale victory was taking TWO links out of my watch!!!

Jennifer

I think I might finally have restriction with my 3rd fill. Got it on 9/7. I now have 6 cc's. I was not able to eat but a couple of bites at lunch. In wait and see mode now.