Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

American Idol

paula

Wow, can you believe that Kevin didn't go home! He wasn't even in the bottom 3, wow. I was very surprised about Gideon. No surprise about the girls.

Everybody is talented, it will be hard to see any of them go home from now on.

I also was suprised that Kevin didn't go home. Guess he does have the "granny vote" as Simon says. I don't think he belongs in the final 12 at all. He is nowhere near the caliber of the other guys. As much as I was unimpressed with Gedeon I think he was better than Kevin!

As for the girls.... I thought for sure it would be Melissa and Kinnik. I was suprised about Ayla... but I knew she would go soon, she wasn't that great.

I think the final 2 boys will be Chris and Taylor. The girls are harder. I like Katherine, Mandisa, Kelly, Paris and Lisa. It's going to be so hard!!

Bo Bice was great last night. It's nice to see him making it!

Well, I'm 50% as far as accuracy in the prediction department...I was really surprised to see Gideon off...there are some weird forces at work, if Kevin is still on, and Gideon is off. I'm not too terribly surprised at Ayla, but I felt for her last night; you can tell she is not accustomed to losing (which is a good thing). She will find success in whatever she tries; I think Gideon will, too.

Anyone know what genre is picked for next week?

Is anyone old enough to have seen a Joe Cocker live performance? His weird moves sure didn't hurt him any; I think Taylor is in that category, so I don't mind his little oddities in the movement area. It makes him unique. I still rank Chris as first, Taylor as 2nd. Each of the guys is very individual; the girls aren't as much like that to me, right now anyway.

Thanks for posting the Mandisa email; her writing is in sync with my impression of her. Class act.

Until next week, Cindy

Paula - I'm with you 100%

Ace redeemed himself for me this week! Mandisa is a goddess!

Taylor is a complete nut, and his dancing cracks me up!! Soul patrol is his fan club in Birmingham. On the 9:00 news, they go live to the Soul Patrol Taylor viewing party. Anyone who comes from Alabama pretty much get all of Alabama's votes (there is nothing else here to do, so we spend a lot of time calling in votes!!!) Reuben and Bo were both from the Birmingham area, and we all know how well they did!!!

My picks for next week's "Had a Bad Day":

Kevin - love him, but he's not GREAT

or

Melissa - don't know why, I just don't feel the public votes for her

It's getting tough - Chris, Taylor, and Elliott are amazing, but Ace is HOT (and pretty good singer, too), Bucky has a fan base (I like him, but not country) Mandisa, Paris, Lisa, and Kathrine are all extraordinary (song choice will most likely be the downfall for them), and Kelly is America's Goof Ball right now.

Hard to say, hard to say - top 10 could be a sticky place to be this year!!!

Next week's pick - Stevie Wonder

I think they've done enough Stevie this season IMHO - wondering about Chris, Bucky, Kelli, and Melissa's song choices. Everyone else will probably sound the same to me!! I hope the girls step up the excitement factor for the next show, because the boys are kicking the booties off those ladies!!

~cheri

Simon said from the first last year that Carrie Underwood was going to win...now he makes another brash statement saying he likes Kellie Pickler better than he did Carrie. This is going to carry her a long way with the fans I think. Regardless of what is said, Simon knows talent.

I see the final 4 as:

Mandisa, Kellie, Chris and Ace.

I was really surprised that Gideon was voted off. I never expected him to make it all the way, but he deserved to be in the top 12 over Kevin.

I hope Paris picks a good song this week. She has a beautiful voice, but you'd never know it based on the last few performances. My prediction for the final 4: Ace, Lisa, Chris, & Mandisa.

How many get voted off next week now that they're down to 12?

Anwyn,

I'm pretty sure it's 1 a week now. I agree with you about Paris, her song choice has definitely got to improve or she'll be headed home! I think that Taylor will make it further than Ace (southern boys have a strong history on American Idol), and I think Mandisa will be the last woman standing.

I took Simon's comment about Kelli and Carrie as a personality thing - Carrie was rather backward...and as we can already tell, Kelli is a mess!! She has a good stage presence, but the other girls eat her up vocally.

Have y'all noticed that everyone seems to have their own niche this year? Well, maybe not Mandisa or Elliott, but defintely the rest of them!

Chris - Steamy hot rocker dude

Taylor - 70's southern soul with some "funky" groove

Ace - Smoldering yummyummy balladeer

Bucky - Gritty country boy

Kevin - hmmm, not sure

Kelli - Daisy duke country gal

Kathrine - Talented showtunes gal

Lisa - Hot young girl with a taste for the old, old oldies

Paris - should stick to soul

Melissa - Down 'n dirty bar babe

Any opinions? I feel that last year's group was more versatile (except for Bo - but I'm a huge Bo fan, so it's all good!!)

I know what you did last Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday...

~cheri

Hello??!! How did I miss this thread??!!:clap2:

OK, lemme break it down for ya'll. We got us a range of champs this time around. Chris is gonna be my fav for the Kelly Clarkson fans. He is POP for 2006--he reminds me of Nickleback, fuel, omigosh, I could go on. If he would have shown up on the radio singin' twinkle twinkle little star, I would have cranked it up and JAMMED!! He is awesome, and a family man! His wife and kids must be so proud. I hope he goes all the way.

The Pickler girl? Well, I can see the appeal, but I think that there is a lot more to her story than the, oh poor pitiful me and my inmate daddy. Not to knock her, I mean, capitalize where you can. (and i am sure she will...) I have worked in a prison my whole adult life, side by side with male offenders. There are a whole heck of a lot of folks out there that make it past such circumstances as hers. I do not necessarily feel that this should be a pity point. And what about the "oh my, i'm a mink..." "oh, what? a minks..." MINXdlkjasd;lkfjd ahhhh!! Just sing and look cute, stop talking already.....(gosh that got mean and i did not mean for it to be...:confused: , maybe i am just jealous cuz DH said her name outloud in his sleep:angry )

Ok, Paris and the other young girl with long curly hair, they are going to do really well with the r&b, mariah crowd. They both have talent, and Paris's energy is adorable.

Ace, I just don't know, as time goes by...YES, he definitley should be on a HUGE underwear billboard...:eek:

Taylor, I LOVE him, he is great. He makes me feel great about the world. What an underdog standing in line for auditions. Who would have thought that he had such talent! I think he will be a big adult contemporary artist....capturing the Clay Aiken fans.

MANDISA!!!! I think that she will likely be, at the least, top 2 or 3, if she doesnt win. SHE IS AWESOME!! She is genuine, and lovable! WOW, when she sings, I get goose bumps. And she's a big girl like us! We need to stand with her....VOTE REPEATEDLY FOR MANDISA....REDIAL REDIAL REDIAL REDIAL REDIAL....

Dear God,

Please let me have a nice dream about Chris tonite...:D

Hello Idol fans!

I can sum up last night in one word. BORING!! :faint:

I am so sick of Stevie Wonder songs I could puke. The only 2 that stood out for me were Taylor and Chris. Everyone sounded the same.... singing the same ole boring songs.

My predictions for tonight.... it's either gonna be Kevin or Melissa. See ya... siyanara (sp?).

Based on what I've seen so far.... the final 2 will be Mandisa and Chris.

Looking forward to tonight!!

LOL - just sitting here thinking of Taylor... LOVE his voice AND he makes me laugh. ((anyone else down load his songs from the site Kim gave us?? good stuff, y'all!)))

Gotta say that *I* thought lover boy ACE was good.

And again, "Kelli Pickler from Albermarle North Carolina" - turns my stomach.

Did anyone notice Simon trying to ditch Kevin???

I agree with Simon though - the competition is too advanced for him.

One more thought. I'm so tired of Ryan picking on Kelly and making her look stupid. I mean the girl does have the Jessica Simpson dumbness going on but give it a rest already! At least Kelly is honest.... thats why people like her! Last night when she was talking about her fake eyelashes I about died. She's a funny girl!

I am so sick of Stevie Wonder songs I could puke. The only 2 that stood out for me were Taylor and Chris. Everyone sounded the same.... singing the same ole boring songs.

DrewsLou - I agree 100%. Even as good as Katharine was, everyone sounded the same.

So, my question is - IF Stevies songs are SO hard to sing, then why do they force the contestants to do it?

In the ReAl world, WHY do we need for them to show us diversity if they are never gonna be diverse??

Does anybody else think that Paris was trying to act like Taylor when she was talking to Ryan after her performance? She was trying to mimic his "Woo" and his "moves". Just because America loves Taylor for that originality, doesn't mean that they will love her trying to be like him. Too late, sister...he's already got those moves.