Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

American Idol

paula

My two cents: last night, Mandisa was the best...I liked Kelly, too. I think the girls got some good advice from the judges, which was to be themselves, and not be so interested in showing us "all" their sides. I think they'll relax into their comfort zones...I think Kinnick and Melissa will be voted off. I wish it would be Brenna, she is so fake. By that, I mean she poses too much, and is so calculating.

Can't wait to see the guys tonight!

Cindy

I got unexpected company so only got to watch the first 3. I think Lisa is really good...it's hard to believe she's only 16. Doesn't sound like I missed much, though. Looking forward to hearing the guys...I really like Taylor.

Emily

I really want Brenna to go, mostly 'cuz of her attitude. I'm guessing Kinnik will go. Are they voting 2 off again? I wasn't really listening to Ryan (a common problem, lol).

I felt like all of the girls were too "old" last night. Everything they sang sounded... um... old, lol. I don't want to know that they can hold a note & have vibrato (good or bad). I wanna hear them SING!!

I love Taylor too, he's so cool! And Will is definitely a Fred Savage look-alike in my book. :) Adorable! And I hated that Simon made Gedeon self-conscious about his smile last week!

And... oh.... ACE. :)

Can't wait until tonight!!!

Is anybody here in the Chris fan club? Ace is gorgeous and all, but not my cup of tea. I'd rather have tea with Chris.

Is anybody here in the Chris fan club? Ace is gorgeous and all, but not my cup of tea. I'd rather have tea with Chris.

LOL! Chris looks like a tea drinker!

Strawarts, I agree about Paris. I was disappointed in her too - actually her AND Katharine. But at least Katharine acknowledged that she chose the wrong song.

Brenna's gone bye-bye! There is NO ONE in America that likes her.

Mandesa WAS the best. I got chills, tears in my eyes when she sang.... and yet the judges were like, "yeah, that was good, but I think you can do better."

And she nodded when they were telling her this - like she knew she COULD do better.

I'm an American Idol junkie. I "Picked Pickler" the second I saw her first interview. But last night I actually fell asleep because they are SO boring this season. I agree 100% with Simon that they're chosing songs to make Gramma happy. I hope the guys spice it up tonight. I'm in love with half them young boys!

Ace is gorgeous. I have a thing for guys with long hair. I'm 32... Is it okay if I lust after him? If Demi Moore can marry that guy, I can safely lust after a 17 year old, right? I can't picture Chris - I'll look for him tonight.

I thought Mandisa was amazing - I don't know why the judges gave her such a hard time! My guess is that Brenda and Kinnik will go this week. This show is so addictive.

I'm an American Idol junkie. I "Picked Pickler" the second I saw her first interview. But last night I actually fell asleep because they are SO boring this season. I agree 100% with Simon that they're chosing songs to make Gramma happy. I hope the guys spice it up tonight. I'm in love with half them young boys!

Lisa - I was wondering where youve been! This is serious business here.

Chris was -finger licking good- tonight!!!! His best yet. I love his humility.

My prediction: Frank Sinatra and Cutie pie Kevin is going home.

Chris Daughtry (sp?) has an amazing talent! I havent been watching this year, but now I am hooked. He even blew Simon away with his performance.

Ace is still cute, but I was rather disappointed in his song tonight. Chris, I thought was good ..and he got my vote tonight. Of the guys....chris, ace and the grey haired guy are my favorites....everyone else though they can sing, is just fluff. Bucky did better tonight...but why oh why does he and pickler have to act like NC has NO varity in food? Geez we aren't the back country. I actually thought the kid that did the kenny rogers did well tonight...though not winning well, just not voting off well. I don't much like shay...and I'm not sure why. I don't like the one crooner that went right after bucky either.

Waves frantically at Paula for a Taylor Hicks update!

I had to work until 7pm then my son announced his science project is due TOMORROW morning--if he wasn't so cute, I would kill him! J/K.....sorta

Anyway, so even tho I wanted to plunk down on the couch, I spent the next three hours teaching him about mixtures of colors and chromatography--he is SIX! We melted the coating on M and M's with Water and noted the colors on coffee filters.....ugh.

Someone send me the mother of the year trophy, please. ugh.

All that, and missed Taylor--! waaaah.

What did he sing? was he aMAYzing?

Kim,

Hicks did a Lionel Richie song. I thought he did OK. NOT his best - certainly not like the 3 hits we downloaded. But it was better then some of the others.

Chris was the best. And thats an honest opinion. He did something heavy - never heard it before. Maybe someone else can tell us. Bucky was pretty good too - he did a Garth Brooks song.

regarding the Frank Sinatra guy (David?)- did any of you notice that when the judges were talking to him he was absolutely motionless. No smile, no words ("thank you"'s), no nods of acknowledgment.

weird.

just plain weird.

One word....CHRIS!! Ace was my favorite in the beginning but Chris has stolen me away! Last night he sang "Hemmorage" by Fuel, he did an amazing job! He sounded just like, IF NOT BETTER, than the group themselves. I love the way Taylor does the "whoo", that shows how much fun he is having and how easy it is for him. Ace didn't do it for me last night, I was disappointed. I definately think it is all about the guys, they have so many different styles and genres. To me they are more entertaining than the girls. Love this show!

PS I hope cutie pie Kevin can stay one more week, he is too cute! The crooner should go.

Ahhhhhhh Chris. He was awesome last night. His voice and his presence blew me away. He is for sure my fave. Ace is just pretty boy fluff in my opinion (not that he isn't nice to look at). I'm surprised that that cutie Kevin is still around honestly. He does have a good voice but I don't think he is Idol material.

Brenna just needs to go... and quickly. She is rude and arrogant and not the prize she thinks she is.

Taylor reminds me a bit of Dave Mathews.... I love him!!

Mandisa... wow! That girl is great! I love her self confidence and her sense of style. Wish I was that confident in myself!

My guesses for tonight.... Brenna and Kinnik (sp?) and Kevin and Bobby Brady.

Can't wait to watch!

My picks for the curb tonight:

Kinnik, Brenna, or don't remember her name (sang a Reba song)

The crooner, Will, or Kevin (I love little chicken Little Kevin though)

I really hope that Mendisa, Taylor, Chris, and Paris stay around for the whole thing!!

Ace, you are one hot tamale, but you should be doing underwear ads instead of idol!!!!

~cheri