Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

American Idol

paula

I hope mandissa wins, its time big girls had a chance to show there stuff in hollywood. Fat people are people to and this could help people grow a heart for those of us that are big.:)

My take on the whole evening....

Ace: bitterly disappointed--and that fluffy hair!

Bucky--eh, and that fluffy hair!

Kevin--time to go home

Kelly Pickler--please go home

Paris--a little over the top--I can't quite get right with her.....and what in the sam hill was she wearing?

Lisa--I thought it could have been better--kinda boring

Katherine-I just LOVE her--she is fabulous--

Mandisa--amazing--no matter what crap they make her sing--always good!

Taylor--I am a huge fan already--he is sooo great

Top pick for the night, however, was Chris--he is so talented--and I was not a big fan until last night!

Voted for Taylor, however!:clap2:

Kim, LOL - your list was right on!

And what about the guys make-up? Come on people, they (the makeup artist/hair dressers) can do better then THAT!

Let's see, if we can't find a little sympathy for Kellie who has no clue where her Mom is; her dad has been in prison all her life; she has been raised by her Grandpa whom she adores; and she is a country girl, then let's not feel sorry for Stevie Wonder with his millions just because he is blind. That's my take on it. There is nothing dumb about Kellie....just uninformed. This is the first time she's ever been out of that little town she grew up in, and I see her standing in the top two with Chris and Mandisa (maybe). I don't care for Stevie Wonder or his songs. I think he has gotten rich on a LITTLE talent and his handicap. There are a lot better songwriters and singers out there than him.

Lets hear it for Chris. This Grandma loved Hemorrage...closed her eyes and saw Fuel. He is awesome, and I'm a country girl, not a rocker, but I think I know real talent when I see it.

I think it's time for "baby cheeks" to go home, although the little girls adore him and he is funny. No one but Chris was truly awesome last night and he lit up the stage with his performance, but his take off on the Chili Peppers version was much better than Stevie Wonder's. Hats off to Chris. He is going all the way. I think we've seen the next American Idol in him.

Just my opinion....you know what they say about opinions.

Dody, youre cracking me up!

BTW: you listen to FUEL??? LOL

There is nothing dumb about Kellie....
boy, you said a mouthful there. And I do think she IS informed. thank you. Remember when Simon told he that she reminded him of a... something about a minx?

yeah, he see's through her too. :)

Loved when Chris sang Hemorrhage. Sounded just like Fuel. A Grandma can like rock. I love Savage Garden too :) although theyn aren't at the top of the charts anymore. I have to keep up with Rock for my kids and grandkids. I want them to think Grandma is with it.

Kellie is a cutie...rough life and there is nothing phony about it, and she doesn't ask for sympathy. Simon told her she looked like a minx and she thought he said mink...so funny. Hell, how many people know what Simon is saying anyway and how many people could distinguish what a minx truly is. Simon was on Jay Leno and picked Kellie. He also picked last years winner from the very beginning when he picked Carrie Underwood. Simon is a big mouth but he does know talent...he cracks me up with sometimes and other times he is just plain rude. Simon said on Jay Leno he thought Kellie was "cuter" than Carrie Underwood. I don't agree with that one...think Carrie Underwood is a doll, although Kellie "cleans up real nice" :) She looked cute last night and completely out of her element. I'm glad she didn't have any wardrode malfunctions.

I want a hair-do like Bucky's. Mine never looks that good. BLAH.

As for Taylor. I think he has unexplained twitches or a light case of epilepsy. I never saw anyone convulse so much and so out of sequence. Maybe he just thinks he is sexy. Jay Leno says they are look alikes. Maybe Taylor missed his calling and should be a comedian. He cracks me up with that harmonica, but he sure can play it. He isn't my favorite by any means though, but I like his grey hair. Heck, he does remind me of Jay Leno in a way.....

I could watch Chris and Taylor sing all day, they are so good. Ace should be in a Diet Coke commercial or something, maybe a soap opera, he is really good at the long stares! I think Mandisa is amazing but realistically I don't think she will be in the final two, not because anybody is necessarily more talented than her, but just because. I hope I'm wrong. I think the bottom two tonight will be Bucky and Melissa because I think Kevin has a strong following, but who knows! I can't wait to see. What was with Paris singing all her answers to Ryan's questions? That bugged me....

They're only cutting 1 (per the website)... so, um, overall, I think Kevin will be packing it in. Though Melissa may get the boot instead, not sure how the girls will stack up, now that they're running against the guys.

And Stevie's performing tonight, woot!

Strangely enough I thought last night was Melissa's best night. I would be surprised to see her go home, but you just never know. "Baby cheeks" does have the following of the 12-year-olds and they sure can use a phone. He will probably be safe for awhile. Bucky looked somewhat cute with his new hairdo..."sure did clean up nice", but he isn't going to be there long I don't think.

My vote for American Idol is Chris!!

I don't know who's going to win, but my favorite performances last night were Chris and Katherine. Please, pleeeeeeeease will they dump Kevin already? I'll never understand how he made it this far.

Kevin's probably a nice kid but I don't think his voice is anywhere near some of the others, and that's what this is supposed to be about. Mandisa is amazing...I think she's real and nice and can really sing. Kellie is just so "cute" that she makes my stomach turn. No once could be that naive for real in this day and age, could they?? Maybe it's just me...I've never liked sickly sweet people. I like Taylor, too.

Emily

Chris is going to WIN this shindig!!

I love mandisa, but i do not think that the voting demographic will be able to see beyond her weight. it is very unfortunate for her, and disappointing for us heavyweights, but i will be voting each week for chris AND mandisa when they deserve ithe vote!

you know, there is something that keeps telling me that Kevin actually believes all this sex-symble stuff they (Ryan Seacrest esp.) are saying about him........

poor kid.

I'm afraid he really believes it. He reminds me of my nephew SO much! But then you see that little twinkle in his eye & wonder if he's not just laughing at the world! :hat:

Not the best singer, but I wanna pinch his cheeks! And I always find myself smiling when he's on. :)

Paris: As far as youngsters go I think Paris really is in a league of her own.

Kellie: makes me nauseous. I think it's all an act. And I don't really think she sings that well out of her "comfort zone."

Mandesa & Katherine: Freaking awesome, mature singers

Melissa: Unmemorable

chicken Little: Good voice, but just can't compete with the big boys

Chris: Great performer, but kinda stole the whole remake of the Stevie Wonder song from Red Hot Chili Peppers. If I hadn't already heard the rock version I would give him more credit.

Elliot: Needs more confidence but could be great!

Taylor: I love his passion for music and think he's a great performer.

MY TOP 4 Pics: Katherine, Taylor, Mandesa and Paris

:hat: Kristin