Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

American Idol

paula

I agree...Mandesa really rocked it this last week. I wasn't really impressed with any of the men yesterday...not even Ace and he usually floats my boat.

I am not sure who will be voted Off but You are right Mouse that Mandisa is a keeper.. I think the Minx will sail through tonigh but we will see. Not sure on the men since I missed it last night.

I love watching the guys! They are so entertaining, especially Taylor, he's such a natural! And of course Chris and Ace are way easy on the eyes!! Well, sadly I think it is time for sweet Kevin to go home, and Will should go too.

Girls, hmmm.......not sure who should go, maybe the girl who sang "Unwritten" but I can't think of her name.

Taylor and Chris are on top for me, agree with you that Taylor gets better every week. I also think Kinnick will be gone and I don't think Kevin will make it this week either...don't really know who the others will be.

I think it would be great if Chris with his awesome voice was packaged in Ace's body.....a girl can dream....even an old one. I think Kevin is packing up and going home after that rendition of "Starry, Starry Night". Can you even imagine Simon telling Kellie Pickler "he liked her better than last year's winner...Carrie Underwood". That means Simon has made up his mind already, because he was touting Carrie would win before the first show aired. Frankly, I think Chris has it over all of them....boys and girls. Mandisi is excellent...and seems to keep Simon from making the overweight jokes he seems to thrive on. She's got a set of pipes.

a girl can dream....even an old one.
LOL - doesnt matter how old you are, you still have hormones! :D

Kim - I saw Taylor. My God! I was laughing so hard. The kind of laugh that comes from the guts. He gets SO into his music. LOL But overall, I think HE had the best male vocals. I agree, he is getting better and better each week. After last night's peformance - Id buy a ticket to his concert.

Who is Soul Patrol... his band? He was good!

Chris was so so.

But my lover boy - ACE - was SO yummy.... its his little dance moves. phew.

**fanning my face**

Mandisa was awesome. She gave me chills the other night.

Kelly still gets on my nerves.

I totally agree with your prediction. Taylor was SO AWESOME last night. I have TIVO, I watched him 3 times. I think ACE was hot too. Mandisa is incredible...in a league of her own.

I think it'll depend on if people judge by this week or if they go overall. And of course some of the voting is just popularity.

My guesses for leaving:

Kinnik & Melissa (though I'm scared it might be Paris, she wasn't great this week)

Kevin & either Will or Bucky (though Chris left me wanting this week)

Overall, I'm loving Katharine & Lisa for the girls & Taylor & Chris, though I love Gedeon. And ACE will end up successful in some type of entertainment. :) On a calendar, if nothing else, lol.

Can't wait for tonight! :)

I totally LOVE Mandisa, too! She is amazing.

I am just not a fan of Kelly--she is cute, but there is something I don't like about her--maybe it's kind of a "jessica simpson" type of dumbness....I dunno...just don't like her so much....The whole calamari thing is being beaten to death.

Kinnik & Melissa (though I'm scared it might be Paris, she wasn't great this week)

Paris wasnt good THIS week OR last. Im sure she's staying, but definately needs to fine-tune things.

And poor Melissa. I like her. I think she's good. really, I do. What I didnt like was Simon PUSHING the people to kick her off. Did anyone else hear that the other night? He told her that with the last note she sang, she just booked her flight ticket home. I didnt like that.

I like her better then Kelly Pickler.

Yeah, I do too!! And then Simon said Kelly was better then Carrie? What was he thinking??? Insane!

But what really ticks me off with Simon is his comments to Gedeon. He just keeps putting him down in little ways -- comments about his smile & "he's a funny little thing". The kid is 17, he's going to get a complex! I've already gotten one for him!

Mandisa has performed at my church before and is in touch with some of our members. Here is a portion of her email to us. She is a wonderful, Christian woman.

Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 2:01 PM

Subject: Today is the day!!!

Hi friends!!!

It is 11:30 Tuesday as I type this and I feel such a sense of anticipation! This will be my 3rd (and most important) performance to date. I feel very confident and know that is largely due to your prayers.

I cannot reveal what song I am singing but I can tell you that this is the first time I am doing what comes naturally. First rock, then country, now ME!!! I also cannot reveal which order I am going in but I can tell you that I always prefer to go first to get it over with. With that begin said, I am not as pleased with my order as I could be . . . Want another hint? Well there are 8 girls left and we are narrowing it down to 6 this week. The next phase is the top 12, where boys and girls sing together. So in a sense, we are completing the first phase. Maybe the NUMBER OF COMPLETION will work in my favor today. He he he!

Okay, a few answers for ya . . .

1. I will not be able to get tickets for everyone who wants to come out to L.A. Tickets are not sold but given free. They are hard to come by because you must get on a waiting list. Worth a try though. You can sign up at www.ocatv.com

2. We have been responsible for our own hair and makeup for these first few shows. However, the top 12 get a stylist and their hair and makeup done.

3. When I first got to L.A. I was so blessed to have my own room! There are 3 minor girls who have to room with their parents so that left one girl by herself. That was me!!! However, after the first eliminations I moved in with Brenna. Brenna was eliminated last week so they moved me in with my girl Kinnik. Please continue to pray for Brenna. God is doing some interesting things in her life and I felt so honored to be used in a small way. Please also pray for Kinnik today. We hit it off immediately and she is, by far, my closest friend here.

4. Once the top 12 begins we will sing songs from particular genres. I know what everybody wants me to sing and you better believe that if given the opportunity I will be taking some shackles off.

5. A few of you asked me about doing interviews. All of that goes through AI publicity. If you know of a newspaper, radio, or T.V. station that wants to do an interview with me, please have them email their request to idolpr@fox.com

6. Here is how you can pray for me today and until Thursday.

-For today, pray especially for my voice. I am doing a lot of high singing and we have a few more rehearsals.

-Pray that when I perform today, I will have fun! I want the on site audience, the judges, and America to join in with me and feel like they have been at a concert. -Pray that, like Moses, I would be radiant because I have been with Jesus. I want to be able to draw people to Jesus without even opening my mouth. But speaking of opening my mouth, pray for opportunities to minister to contestants and crew.

-4 contestants are going home Thursday. Pray for the hearts of each of us. Pray against the enemy as he tries to deceive us with feelings of insecurity and inadequacy.

Thank you all! It has been so great to be in touch with many of my old friends again. Especially today, reading your messages filled me with such honor and humility. I feel great going into this show and I hope to make you proud. Be sure to vote!!!

Love you!

--

Mandisa Hundley

HOW COOL IS THAT?!!! I didn't include her email address, because I don't want her to be overwhelmed with emails from folks that she doesn't know.

I think her e-mail was really impressive. She sounds like a real Christian whose faith permeates her life. Besides that, I like her because she's reminding everyone that big women can be gorgeous and talented and wonderful human beings!!

Emily

I'm going out on a very big limb here and saying the top two girls will be Mandisa and Kellie standing at the end. As for the guys, I think it will be Chris and Ace (that falsetto Ace can hit is amazing) not to say he is oh so gorgeous. The guy with the grey hair needs to get his groove on with his movements. I thought he was having some kind of seizure last night :)