Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

why is YOUR nose bent out of shape?

Wow! I am SO impressed, Super Daddy! I love a man who can quote Friends!

My good friend and I have that entire scene memorized, and almost every time we talk on the phone we run through it. Hands down, best scene in TV history.

Sixteen pages...FRONT AND BACK!

Nietzsche, Goethe and Thoreau can get your head on strait when it's spinning.

Another thing that gets my nose out of shape are TV shows that have snotty kids, or snotty parents. Kids see that behaivour and think that is how things are supposed to be, so they emulate the snotty behaivour.

Civility is the glue that holds a polite society together.

Oh gawd, me too. And I have always said, having manners is showing others respect and having respect for yourself.

I watch those shows on tv like Wife Swap and The Nanny and I get crazy. I used to waiter and waiting on these kids and their parents are a nightmare. Now that I see it's a widespread problem across the country, it's no wonder the USA is like the fall of Rome.

Keep posting, y'all (or is it All Y'all?!).

Jon

Well, it's actually Ya'll, as in you all.. :confused: I'm from Texas... I should know.. :confused:

Snotty kids - yeah - that's a problem. I hate it when Hollywood makes children's blockbuster films where the kid is a snotty brat - but it all works out for her in the end. Like the Little Mermaid... She defies her father, and manages to get herself into some big trouble.

Hans Christian Anderson's version has her paying a price... but not the film. How are kids supposed to think when Ariel can do whatever she wants and get the Prince in the end with no consequences for her bad behavior? What?, just because she is a Princess? What's up with that?!?

Oh - and All Y'all might be an Arkansas thing... My MIL used to say that, too.

I very much hope that I have never contributed to the feeling of exclusion. I didn't always respond to every post because of time constraints - and just because I hung out here for a very long time before I got banded, so I didn't have the experience or qualifications to comment on true Band related stuff.

Lately, I have been away more than I have been here. Since I mostly post from the office, it's just a function of how busy my schedule is. As much as I love All of Y'All - I love it when I am busy at work. Continued employment is good... But I do try to chime in whenever I can.

I love the idea that we should all TRY to view everyone elses post thru that, "They Mean the Best Possible Meaning of That" filter. Besides, being just a little narcisistic (sorry if that spelling is wrong) I KNOW that everybody loves ME and would never want to be mean. I certainly love and appreciate all of YOU - and try to accept that every human personality has pro's and con's. I just try to see the good and ignore the bad. It's all a matter of opinion anyway. I mean, some people thing Narcisism is BAD? Ok, fine, whatever.

The best thing about LBT has been the ability of it's members to agree to disagree. I know that there are widely varying ideas on every topic - but for the most part, we have managed to not let emotion run away with us. Let's try to remain calm, folks. Truly, if the post distresses you, go on to the next post and try not to judge too harshly.

Hugs all round!!

:]

OMG and LOL

(to be read while chuckling - or at least smiling)

Can someone help me pull my BIG foot out of my BIG mouth?! :confused: I hereby apologize to any and all who were offended by my spelling/grammar rant. I frequently put the apostrophe in the wrong place. Ditto the comma. I certainly don't hold a grudge against anyone who types and posts without previewing to be sure they got it right. I'm sure I get it wrong A LOT. I was simply replying to the query "why is YOUR nose bent out of shape... " and now I feel really bad that people think I'm a grammar Nazi. I'm not. Although I have to be honest here and admit I'm not really sorry I posted that - it produced a very amusing thread.

WORLD'S MOST ANNOYING MISPRONUNCIATION: President George W. Bush: Nuc-u-lar for Nuclear

And he JUST KEEPS SAYING IT! He sounds like the biggest dumbass! and he JUST KEEPS SAYING IT! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!:lalala:

DonnaB

5' 9"

03-07-06 Surgery date

Dr. Roberto Rumbaut, Monterrey, Mexico

282 (Dr's office today) (crap)/150

Well, it's actually Ya'll, as in you all.. :) I'm from Texas... I should know.. :)

here in the southeast we spell it y'all. i think the proper english rule would have it y'all as well since the apostrophe is in place of the missing letters. you all minus the ou and a space, and join the y and all with an apostrophe.

but thats if we want to get really technical. lol :)

For a word to be spelled using the "proper English" spelling it must first be considerred proper English. I don't think Y'all fits into that category so you can spell it however you prefer. But then again this is purely a Canadian point of view eh!

Well, it's actually Ya'll, as in you all.. :) I'm from Texas... I should know.. :)

When I first came here, I always spelled it Ya'll, but got corrected many times and was told it was y'all. Then they had a big write up in the Dallas News saying it acutally is y'all, so I changed it back! Now, I am totally confused!:biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

OMG, I think we all have way too much time on our hands and I include myself because here we are discussing the proper way to spell Y'all.... he, heee.........

ROFLMAO! I think you're right. It's a habit I need to break anyway!:biggrin1: I picked it up by talking on the phone at work to the public, now I can't seem to break it!:biggrin1:

maybe it is a texas thing! I have never seen it spelled ya'll. Maybe you are joining the words 'ya' and 'all' instead of 'you' and 'all'. In georgia, south carolina, north carolina, tennessee, and florida (the states we have family scattered throughout) it is joining 'you' and 'all' for y'all.

:)