Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

why is YOUR nose bent out of shape?

In the beggining I would get upset at different people until I decided that I would always assume that their intentions and motives were always good. When you assume that everyone has the best of intentions you respond to them more positively.

This is totally profound--I completely agree!!! Thanks TommyO. I love it!!

What I get up in arms about is when the tone of the board starts to shift to blaming the obese for their disease. You want a board where everyone is belittled because of "lack of willpower" you can find plenty of other boards that fit in just nicely with that attitude. I have no tolerance for it here.

IMHO

This is exactly how I feel. And why I am not here very much.

There are some people who really do not know how to be supportive. Pointing the finger. Bringing out the quilt. I do that to myself enough I dont need any help in that department.

There is nothing wrong with helping someone make better choices but pointing the finger and blaming is not the same thing as support.

Thanks TommyO, that's how I live my life, I expect people to give me their best, I expect people to always want to do their best, not just coast. And so I treat them accordingly. I always try to give my best to them in return, to make things easier for them. As a manager, I figure my main duty is to clear away obsticiles so my minions can do best what they do best. I also feel one of my main jobs is to always make my boss look good.

oh yeah, another thing that just gets up my nose is the phrase "drive safe!"

You can't drive safe. They don't have steering wheels or engines or plush leather seating.

You can drive safely, but you can't drive safely. Safely is an adverb to modify drive...

Oh, and I hate the way marketing changes spelling, like "kwik" (flames)....

You can't drive safe. They don't have steering wheels or engines or plush leather seating.
Building from this... I hate "12 items or less" signs in stores.

Less is for an amount, not a number. Fewer is for numbers.

A pound or less. Twelve or fewer.

Less is for an amount, not a number. Fewer is for numbers.

LOL

I'm embarassed to admit that I've never noticed that before, but I daresay you are right.

No wonder the English language continues to be butchered... lol

When I was in Germany my German instructor told us that a German would NEVER make the kind of grammer mistakes in German that Americans do in English. Don't know if that's true or not, but I wouldn't be surprised... :welldone2:

oh yeah, another thing that just gets up my nose is the phrase "drive safe!"

You can drive safely, but you can't drive safely. Safely is an adverb to modify drive...

Oh, and I hate the way marketing changes spelling, like "kwik" (flames)....

And for multiple reasons - I hate to drive "thru".

What really bends my nose out of shape is sticking my head out the car window to yell at someone before I remember to roll down the window. :welldone2:

Seriously, when I see people with small children on their laps in vehicles I want to go yell at them. In today's world of information overload, EVERYONE knows that noone can safely hold a child during a wreck! We were in a Babys R Us parking lot this past weekend, and the police had a huge display about the importance of carseats for children. They had a car which had been involved in a roll over accident, but the childseat in the back was still in place, they were offering to check or install carseats for free.. and someone drove right by it in a very small pickup with three adults in it, the one by the passenger door was holding a baby on her lap. OMG.. I wanted to do a citizens arrest or something!

Something that gets me are customer service people that were hired to help you do something, yet the moment you walk into the store they start griping about their problems.

I'm sorry. Did I walk in and ask you "How may I help you?"

Haha! Funny, I had a nurse that did that to us while I was in recovery. We got her fired. No joke. Sat there telling us how she wanted out of that hospital because of yadda yadda.. *rolls eyes*.. So yes, we complained and got her fired. Oh but there was that other bit about her licking the hydracodone left in my medicine cup after I drank it, and she could hardly talk or stand up from being so out of it.. so yeah.. Um..

wow.. I rambled right off the beaten path there, now I'm lost. Someone find me please?

Hi Donali;

not that I wan't to bend something else out of shape but....

your german instructor did not tell the truth ( I didn't feel right to call it just plain a LIE) lol

Germans do make some mistakes.... not many nad never big ones but I just have to tell it as it is....:faint:

wow.. I rambled right off the beaten path there, now I'm lost. Someone find me please?

Found you! :welldone2:

. Oh but there was that other bit about her licking the hydracodone left in my medicine cup after I drank it, and she could hardly talk or stand up from being so out of it.. so yeah.. Um..

Are you serious? Was she really doing that to get high?:confused:

Apparently so Leener.. my meds weren't the only ones she was tasting. Seems other patients complained about her too and after a formal investigation, she was fired. This is the same woman who was administering morphine to me! *shudders*

Here is a newbie, I am also a medical professional, and untill I saw all the riff going on I thought this was an adult board. ALL I get is taken with a grain of salt most should be useing dr.s advice and venture from there, as adults WE take responsibility for what we read, try and test. Those with all the experience and knowledge should realize it is very much appreciated and used by us "newbies". What may work for one may not work for another, ALL information is useful.

Just my 2 cents:faint: