Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I went in last week and they said my surgery date is set for March 1st. I see the surgeon next week and probably start the pre op diet after that. They gave me samples of the shakes and info on the pre op and post op diets. I am a big ball off mixed emotions too. I am self pay except for my hernia that the surgeon said he would fix when I am banded. This is a long time coming for me and can't wait to finally be banded, I started the insurance process Feb 2010 but found out I was pregnant shortly after. We had been trying for years but decided to put it on hold for a while to see if my weight was the reason we hadn't gotten pregnant yet. I had my EGD done on a Thursday that found the hernia and found out that I was pregnant on that Sunday. My healthy baby girl was born Nov 2010. After nursing her for a year I am so ready to get this done now!!! My husband keeps talking about more babies but I keep telling him to wait until I lose the weight because this pregnancy took it's toll on me for that reason.

Congrats on the banding date of March 1st! We're "banding buddies", cuz I'm March 1st also! :)

March 27th here! It really does feel like it's so far away, since I scheduled in December. But MAN, now there's a March thread!! It's getting closer. Haha.

I'm going down to Mexico (from Portland) to see Dr. Ortiz at OCC. I really couldn't be more excited to start the journey. :)

I'm march 13th and I can not wait! I can't Belive how close it is but it's seems like it will take forever to get here ... My dad is a month post op and is down 40 lbs already and I could not be happier for him . Im hoping for the same luck he had . Good luck everyone and I hope everyone's journey turns out amazing :)

Wow its great how many of us are already in March, it is amazing. I wish everyone the best of luck.

Question for you????

I have not yet told my boss about my surgery, I did only find out shortly ago the date. She is the type that has to know everything and I don't want to tell her, I know 100% she would not keep it to her self, and in this small town everyone would know.

So what do I tell her and my co-workers that will be asking why I need the time off. I don't want to sound rude and say its none of their business, although that's what my husband says I need to do. (aka grow some balls) as he would say.

Any input would help thanks!!!

Hi Princess.. I told my boss and conworkers that u have to have my gallbladder removed.. I really don't need the questions...and opinions that they have.

Hi Princess.. I told my boss and conworkers that u have to have my gallbladder removed.. I really don't need the questions...and opinions that they have.

I am also using the gallbladder excuse. I dont see why anyone needs to know except for the few people I have told and if I tell one person at my job then soon the whole department will know.

I have told everyone that I am having my hernia fixed. My in laws are very nosey people and my mom wouldn't approve so I just left part of the procedure out.

Hello!! I am being banded on March 9!!!! I have just been waiting and want to get it over as soon as possible. Now that it is getting closer to my date I am getting really anxious and scared. Is anyone else? I know it is defiinetly what I want and need to do.

I just wanted to start a March group. My surgery date is March 2nd.

Hey we have the same date, will be checking up on you. March 2 can't come soon enough, I'm excited nervous, and scared but ready.

We can do this guys! I am March 7th and pre op on the 20th this month. Anyone started liver skrinking yet? I am nervouse too..

Started mine on 1/16/12.

Wow its great how many of us are already in March, it is amazing. I wish everyone the best of luck.

Question for you????

I have not yet told my boss about my surgery, I did only find out shortly ago the date. She is the type that has to know everything and I don't want to tell her, I know 100% she would not keep it to her self, and in this small town everyone would know.

So what do I tell her and my co-workers that will be asking why I need the time off. I don't want to sound rude and say its none of their business, although that's what my husband says I need to do. (aka grow some balls) as he would say.

Any input would help thanks!!!

If they don't ask then don't tell. Told my boss what day I was having surgery and how long I needed off and she never ask what was I going to surgery for. I requested 2 weeks since I do 12 hr days and stand on my feet, it was approved with pay. Goodluck

I just got approved today!! I'm March 6th!! I can't wait.... Is this bad of me put I already told my husband I need one last night out of eating and my fav place.. I knew it bad but I know I will prob never be able to go there again and order what I want...

DOes anyone else have a last meal planned or am I just that much of a fatty??? lol

March 6th is my date!! YAY!!!