Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lots of people getting banded this week!! Good Luck!

Today is Day 12 post-op and yesterday was the first day that I can say I was hungry! I don't know what was wrong with me but I wanted to eat everything. I really had to put a muzzle on it last night. :( Hope today is better. I go to my first post-op appt tomorrow. Will he do a fill only 2 wks out? Or will he wait until my 6 wk appt?

Today is Day 12 for me too and I am starting to get so hungry too!! I see my doctor on Friday! Let me know how your appt goes?

thanks... appreciate this. ive had some pressure from my youngest daughter. you may not remember but i never divulged to any of my family what i was having done. apart from hubby. well... my youngest daughter has been insisting that she come in to see me in hospital soon after surgery. i just had to send her a firm text telling her to humour me and leave me be. i dont want her finding out what the true reason for surgery is. its hard, but i felt i had to just say, please stay away!! what would you do??

You have to do what works for you. All of my kids were aware and supportive. I think the only people who did not know was my job and some of my distant family. Tell her when you feel u are ready for her to know. Explain to her that you don't need her to be with you right now and you will see her soon and you love her and you're glad that she wanted to be there for you. Good luck

Thanks surgery was successful I'm at home resting Dr. Reilly also repaired a hernia.. I am feeling great only mild gas that is moving while recovering I walked about 5 times down the hall.

Welcome to the other side glad to here everything went well. I had a hernia too, it appears most pts do. Anyways, remember to walk, walk, walk and use gas-x works great for gas. Keep us posted.

Surgery went well this morning. I have some gas pain in my shoulder, but so far it's not too bad. I have been able to take broth and tea with no problem. I get to drive back home tomorrow live 4 hours away).

Went Back to work this past Monday..officially 2 weeks banded and 20 pounds down.. been super busy but wanted to say best wishes to those who are yet to be banded..or still getting through early healing stages. We are all in This together!

Surgery went well this morning. I have some gas pain in my shoulder' date=' but so far it's not too bad. I have been able to take broth and tea with no problem. I get to drive back home tomorrow live 4 hours away).[/quote']

Congrats ...and rest well after arriving home!

Today is Day 12 for me too and I am starting to get so hungry too!! I see my doctor on Friday! Let me know how your appt goes?

Hey gang..I think each Dr different..but mine set fill for 4weeks after surgery...good luck and hang in there! Water should help some in between meals

Hi Friends!' date='

I'm home surgry was a lot roughier than I thought it would be.....I had a umbilical heria fixed, a hyatial hernia fixed, and a large mass of adhesions removed and of course the band put in place....so 4 surgeries in one! Turned out to be about an 3.5 hour surgery.So me belly is very sore to say th least. but I just wanted everyone to know I was a live....just not quite ready to sit at the computer for very long. Thanks for everyones prayers. Catch up with you guys later when I feel a little better.[/quote']

Sorry to hear that...hang in there ..it will surely get better with time!

Hi all' date=' I was banded this morning 3/20 :wub: . Feeling pretty good a little sore but no pain. I had a wonderful experience in the hospital everyone was soooo nice. Lost 8 lbs on the pre op diet 15 lbs altogether. Just got home at about 5:30 very tired, just took my pain med and hope to get some sleep -_-[/quote']

Congrats!!!

This is a GREAT forum...so much support for everyone's needs, worries, concerns and successes! I think of each and everyone of you as we go through this incredible journey together. Take care of yourself... You are so worth it!!!

Surgery went well this morning. I have some gas pain in my shoulder, but so far it's not too bad. I have been able to take broth and tea with no problem. I get to drive back home tomorrow live 4 hours away).

Welcome to the other side. be careful going home tomorrow. Thats a long ride after surgery stop frequently to walk about.

I meet with the dietician and surgeon tomorrow for the 1st time after surgery. I am holding still at 12 pounds (according to my scales) from surgery day. I am hoping I get a fill but have a feeling I won't get one until 6 wks out. Today was a little better, I tried to drink more today in between my meals but this evening it has caught up to me. Thinking about going to bed early just so I won't be tempted with the kitchen. How sad is that!

Welcome to the other side. be careful going home tomorrow. Thats a long ride after surgery stop frequently to walk about.

Thanks. We are planning on stopping every hour or so I can walk around a bit. I have been walking up and down my hotel's hallway every hour or so. I forgot to mention earlier that i lost tight at thirty pounds (my doc requires a two week liquid preop). Thanks for the support and I loon forward to reading more about everyone else's journeys.

Well hospital pre-op done, doctor appt done and now at the hotel with surgery in the morning, check in 7:45 surgery 9:45. Excited!! Was down 15 pounds since liquids for 2 wks....ready to get this party started! WooHoo....yay for the March Bandsters! Hope all that are done with surgery are recovery well and those to come I'll be watching and praying for you all! Stay positive and know that WE can do this! Deb