Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Howdy Februbandsters!

There are so many comments it's hard to keep up! Hope everyone is doing well! I got my first fill yesterday so I feel all official now:) I am loving my band and the hubby is too! As of today I'm down 20lbs since surgery and 28lbs including the pre-op diet...I feel so much better physically and I am no longer on medications for my diabetes!!!

..what a marvellous thing that you are off your meds for diabeties. its well worth going through the surgery to have that happen. congratulations to you, its wonderful news. im hoping to go off my b/p meds eventually as well.

I just wanted to share my experience at my appointment last week, with the hope that others will be able to avoid the same situation...I attended my first appointment since my post op, and mentioned to the nurse and doctor that I had been ill with (please excuse the indelicate word-- diarrhea) for the past 3 days, and that I now was experiencing nausea for the past 2 days.

The doctor referred back to my kidney function tests taken earlier in the month, which were not normal. His immediate diagnosis was that I was severely dehydrated, with my electrolytes not in proper balance. I was not even feeling thirsty...

So, instead of my first fill, I was sent immediately to the ER at the hospital connected with the physician's office building. I had to spend 2 hours with an IV drip of saline to re-hydrate me. :( At least when I left the hospital, I was no longer nauseous.

I don't have an appointment until 6 weeks from now...and I'm feeling very discouraged. Life lesson learned: Make it a goal to drink all of your recommended fluids every day, especially if you have other conditions which might dehydrate you.

Good to read that everyone is doing well!

Hope all you Feb Bandsters are doing well. I am 7 weeks post op and I am down 33 lbs as of today. Down 2 pants sizes and after being in a 3x shirt for ever it seems I went down to a 1x. Really excited about my future and hopefully my good health.

woohooo...!! congrats. !! i can hardly wait for that to be me. and its possible now.. thats the great part.

Why am I having so much trouble? I wish I was down 33 pounds! I was banded Feb 23, and go for my first fill on Friday (4/6). I lost 12 pounds prior to my first post op appointment, and to date have not lost another ounce. I am being very vigilant to the diet, drinking Water, getting my Protein, and even joined Curves, but it just won't come off. Some say that this is "bandster hell" and I hope they're right and it will start coming off after my first fill, because I am getting very frustrated!

Girleyq,

you are not alone. I am down 24 lbs but 12 of that is from my preop diet also. I follow weight watchers so I know I have been within my limits, however, the weight loss has been verrry slow to none since my 2nd wk post op. Another bandster I know ( she had surgery a few yrs back) said she started slow but then it just suddenly started coming off. So....keep your chin up. It will happen for us. We must keep up eating the right things. I have found that I need to watch my sodium intake. I have been eating too many canned foods like ham, chicken, tuna. So I must watch it. I just got on those. Ham salad etc. kicks.

Why am I having so much trouble? I wish I was down 33 pounds! I was banded Feb 23, and go for my first fill on Friday (4/6). I lost 12 pounds prior to my first post op appointment, and to date have not lost another ounce. I am being very vigilant to the diet, drinking Water, getting my Protein, and even joined Curves, but it just won't come off. Some say that this is "bandster hell" and I hope they're right and it will start coming off after my first fill, because I am getting very frustrated!

Dont get down on yourself...I to was banded on 2/22 and i have walked every day watched what Im eatting and only 3 lbs down since surgery....I will get my first fill on Thursday so Im hopefull that will kick start my scale again !! I bet you will too...

Everybody is different.. When I was on the 2 wk liquid diet I was told the average wt loss was, 15-20 pounds, I only lost 8.. It's different for everyone.. If you keep doing what you are, go get your fill you will lose. I eat no carbs, no sugars, no bread, no Pasta, no rice and that's why I think I've been able to lose.. THose things were very high on my list of food I would eat before surgery, now I don't go anywhere near them.. I really don't even eat fruit due to the sugar content in them, now this is just me.. If I do eat fruit it's only in the morning and take about two bits and don't eat anymore.. IT's working for me, but it might not for you.. YOu have to play around and see what works for you..

Im sitting in my docs office sipping on my Water after getting my first 4cc fill! Im so excited!

Went to the dr today for another fill. My 1st fill last Tuesday was not enough I felt no restriction at all. After today's visit my band has 4.4cc and boy do I feel the restriction.... I totally happy! Although last weeks fill left me with no restrictions I didn't gain any weight still holding strong at 25lbs GONE!!!

Just a reminder to everyone: Be careful what you eat, how much you eat and always remember to chew, chew & chew. After sticking to mainly fish & poultry since I have been able to eat regular foods, today I attempted to try beef which was a very lean hamburger steak. One of the very first bites got stuck. OMG, it was so so painful and I got sick. I don't think I will be eating beef anymore for a long long while. Please be careful everyone.

First fill tomorrow....Im so excited to feel some restriction....

I have been making good food choices but portions bigger then they should be....

Sorry you had a stuck episode. Have you had a fill yet? I am just curious if you and others had stuck episodes before the first fill. I have found I can eat anything I have tried...and I do get a bit careless at times with my chewing or eating too fast. I have not braved bread and probably won't. I don't have a fill yet. I have never had a stuck episode but I sure do get some horrible left shoulder pain that clues me in to watch it.

Sorry you had a stuck episode. Have you had a fill yet? I am just curious if you and others had stuck episodes before the first fill. I have found I can eat anything I have tried...and I do get a bit careless at times with my chewing or eating too fast. I have not braved bread and probably won't. I don't have a fill yet. I have never had a stuck episode but I sure do get some horrible left shoulder pain that clues me in to watch it.

ive not had a fill yet. im post banded two weeks now. ive had a couple of warnings though, with Soup. Like its stuck and going to come back up again..burping...sometimes a pain in the back... not nice. eating too quickly.

I was banded Feb. 16,2012 an had a fill 3 weeks ago but I did have 1 stuck episode before I had my first fill and it was because I didn't chew enough and eating To fast I learned from that 2 eat slow an chew,chew I 2 get left shoulder pain when I am full or eaten 2 much

I have not had my first fill either...but I did get one of my pills stuck. It was actually one of the smaller pills I take. It felt like a burning sensation in my esophagus for around 30 minutes. I have learned that I need to wait at least 2 minutes between pills to avoid stuck pills.