Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My new exercise bike arrived at the house today...very excited, as soon it will be too hot and humid to continue walking as I was prior to the surgery. I have not felt up to walking since the surgery, and wanted to wait for the post-op appointment/clearance from the doctor before I returned to that exercise; either way you leave our driveway, you encounter multiple steep hills.

I've lost 20 lbs since beginning the pre-op diet...very exciting to have to search for a smaller size pair of jeans to fit me today. Sort of sad to realize that I have already "shrunk" out of several of my favorite sweaters...but I'll get over that!! :)

Very encouraged to read of so many of us "February" folks doing so well!

Hi everyone !

Bandid 24/2/2012

Pre op 129kg

11 days post op 123kg

1st fill 24/3/2012

Ive only lost 6 kg but i think its wonderful.

Who'd have thought you could lose weight sitting around on your bum drinking goo ?!?!

(& healing) my first week was torturous as i mentioned earlier... Depression, alot of pain, no energy, restlessness etc

But now i feel like a different person, it helps of course that im starting to see results but aside from that im just feeling more & more energetic everday & hardly any discomfort now.

I hope all you feb bandits are feeling good, doing well & seeing results everyday.

Take care

Xx

Hi there February bandsters!

I am 3 weeks post op now. My first follow up appointment is today at 1pm. My incisions look really nice and I can see that the small ones will most likely be unnoticeable eventually. I can however see and feel my port when I stand, kinda weird, but a little inconvenience for what I have gone through and strive to get to is no problem. I am buying a bike this weekend so I can start riding with my husband. Can not wait for the doc appointment so I can be at ease with how things are. I do have an appetite, almost mimics what it was like pre banded. I still follow the rules but I can definitely feel those hunger pains. I think I'll get my first adjustment on the 27th but really wish it was sooner. I can now sleep with ease, even on my tummy :)

So today I started mushie food and at 8:45am i had 1/4 cup of oatmeal. I am still full and uncomfortable. My right mid back and right half of my stomach hurts. Is this normal?

Hi there February bandsters!

I am 3 weeks post op now. My first follow up appointment is today at 1pm. My incisions look really nice and I can see that the small ones will most likely be unnoticeable eventually. I can however see and feel my port when I stand, kinda weird, but a little inconvenience for what I have gone through and strive to get to is no problem. I am buying a bike this weekend so I can start riding with my husband. Can not wait for the doc appointment so I can be at ease with how things are. I do have an appetite, almost mimics what it was like pre banded. I still follow the rules but I can definitely feel those hunger pains. I think I'll get my first adjustment on the 27th but really wish it was sooner. I can now sleep with ease, even on my tummy :)

It will take a little longer for the area around the port to heal. Remember it is stitched to the muscle. I try to sleep on my tummy but I think I freak myself out. This is not a good thing because I use to love it. Good luck!

SO today I started mushies.

I had 1/4 of a packet of oatmeal and after 1 hr i ended up in pain. Gasx, walking and Water did not help so I ended up at my surgeons office. He said no issues with my band but I can pretty much count oatmeal out of my meal plan for the time being. I ate the oatmeal at 8:45am and I wasn't hungry until 6:30pm. My dr says oatmeal is a healthy food but very dense and expands so this is the full pain feeling I was having NOW the pain in my back was due to the fact that I haven't had a bowel movement in 4 days :unsure:

He explained to me that since I've been on liquids my body has very little waste and advised this may not be a long term thing but I need to become better aware of bowel movements.

in other news I bought a scale today and according to the scale I lost 15lbs I am so excited BUT during my Dr's visit I was weighed and their scale said I've lost 21lbs. :D I'm considering returning my scale but i wonder is a 6lb difference that big of a deal?

I created a created a new posting about mushy food maybe this would be a good place for a Feb Bandsters to share mushy recipes... what do you guys think?

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/topic/143217-2-days-until-mushy-foodshelp/page__pid__1721480#entry1721480

I was not even aware that this thread existed...will this different thread be the place where we continue to keep in touch and share our successes?

Not sure it was just a suggestion....idk what everyone would like to do, but we could start our own folders with questions, topics would be easier to find...but like I said just a suggestion. I usually check both.

Are you at least walking? My doc said walk walk walk as much as I could and when I had my 2 week check up he said I could begin working out...

weight.png

wow 16 lbs !!!

Is that including the pre op diet...or just after banding

Hi all..just checking in. Banded 2/29/12---feel pretty good, wished I took more time off from work---been hard to return this past Monday but a girl has to earn a pay check. According my home scale I am down 14 pounds...I am going to judge it by next week's visit to the doctor lol. Mushies suck by the way! Come on now, we all agree to a certain extent that we are over all this yucky food lol. Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well and hanging in there. The ultimate goal for me is to get off my diabetic meds and improve my health :rolleyes::P

Well... Here is my first post op update! I think I was the last one from this group to be banded in February. I was banded on February 29th at 8:00am at the Hallmark Surgery center. Once I woke up I was elated and very excited to start my new life. Dr. Krahn did an excellent job! The staff at this surgery center was awesome. I had to stay in recovery for three hours due to having sleep apnea. Once my oxygen level to stay where they wanted it' date=' I was dismissed to go home. Tomorrow is my first follow up appointment, so I may have the tape strips removed and can check out the scars. As far as my weight goes, so far with the pre op diet and liquid diet since, I have lost 48 pounds. Still a ways to go, but at least I'm on my way.[/quote']

wow congratulations that's great keep up the good work .

I was banded on 2/27 and I feel great. My issue now is that I am sick of Protein Shakes, pudding and yogurt. I have 2 more days of full liquids until I can start my mushies. I cannot wait to have a soft boiled egg ion Saturday!

Question, are there any moms out there? I think the worst part is making my family dinner and not being able to eat it! Although my reward came tonight when my 10 year old asked for yogurt instead of chips with her sandwich because, in her words, "that is the healthier option". Now I know what I am doing is worth it and I will succeed. Congrats to all of us!!

I am down 12 pounds and walking everyday.

Has anyone else had mid back pain after being banded.....

Has anyone else had mid back pain after being banded.....

I did. I am three weeks post op and it stayed with me until last week. I really think it was the gas moving around. It does get better.

Has anyone had their first fill yet? I am curious to hear how it went. I am scheduled for next week. I can't wait!

Has anyone had their first fill yet? I am curious to hear how it went. I am scheduled for next week. I can't wait!

I had my first fill on 2/29. I'm scheduled for a 2nd fill on 3/23. I do notice a tiny difference from before the fill, but I still don't have restriction. :P Happy to answer questions if anyone has them!