Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Woohoo start my preop diet tomorrow. Here we go!!!!!

cocoabean,

I'm in Orange County and being banded on the 17th. I'm allowed to use the lo-carb Slim Fast - can find it at Amazon or at Sams Club. I decided to use the children's liquid tylenol, didn't know about ordering the adult med at amazon.

I am so excited about being banded, and the changes that will be coming. Keep me posted on how you're doing! rolleyes5.gif

I was told that it was fine to take medicine in tablet form, as long as I take it with warm liquid to help it dissolve quicker. I take a LOT of pills, and some of them are pretty big. The dietician and the nurse both said it was fine. They even said that I wouldn't NEED to take liquid vitamins, as long as I took my Vitamins with warm liquid also. I have some liquid vitamins for the first couple weeks, though. I plan on asking at the pharmacy which of my pills I can cut in half to help them go down easier. Taking my morning meds is going to take a good while LOL. I will need to take one pill, or half of one, then wait 2-3 minutes before taking another. Fun fun fun!

I was hoping for Feb, but it looks like my insurance is making me wait until March.... sad.png

I can relate to your sulking emoticon.. I really sobbed when I had to delay my appointment.. but then I realized (and hope you find comfort in this thought too) that a few weeks delay is nothing compared to years of being held back by extra weight. Everything happens for a reason, maybe you will get a bit of extra time now to make final preperations too. All the best to you :)

Hi everyone my lap band is scheduled for February 23 and I am super nervous. I just joined this forum looking for support. I figure the more the better. I am excited for a new beginning. I wish us all luck and look forward on taking this journey with you all!!!

Hi everyone my lap band is scheduled for February 23 and I am super nervous. I just joined this forum looking for support. I figure the more the better. I am excited for a new beginning. I wish us all luck and look forward on taking this journey with you all!!!

Hi there! hope everything goes well for you, Ive been learning so much from everyone here and it really makes a huge difference, I only have a small support system available to me offline because of where I live now, so I tend to completely embrace and appreciate whatever I can benefit from in cyberspace! :)

Thank you fadeout support is key for success.

february is turning out to be quite a busy month! good luck everyone!

I am scheduled to be banded on

February 16 2012!!!!!

I added you as a friend Erica216 since your surgery date is the same as mine. Maybe we can stay in touch and help each other out. Good luck to you.

I know there's a special section for this, but it doesn't seem to be too popular so I'll give it a whirl here..

Anyone here to be banded in February besides me?

My surgery date is February 15th.

Feel free to add me on Facebook for support, etc. =]

http://www.facebook....taRaeBanded2012

my surgery date is also feb 15!!! is there is a forum or site for february bandsters?

I always appreciated reading everyone's experiences with the lap band so I thought I would share mine. I was banded on Friday the 3rd. It all went very smoothly and the medical staff was great. I was worried about the IV because I am a very hard start. They did have to stick me 2 times, but with the lidocaine I hardly felt a thing. I think the hardest thing about this whole process was the 2 week shake / Protein Bar diet. I was always starving. I know most people say that after a couple of days they didn't feel hungry, but I was hungry the whole time. My Dr came in to see me before the surgery and asked which pre op diet I was on and how it went. When I told him how difficult it was he said that they aren't doing that one anymore and they are going to do shakes with a low carb meal because the other one was so difficult. I think recovery is also harder than what I have read - I think I must be a big baby. I really wanted to be that person that was out shopping the day after surgery, but I am tired and still in a lot of pain. They did find and repair a hiatal hernia that I didn't know I had, so I don't know if that has something to do with the extra pain or not. I thought my mom was going to be able to drop me off after surgery and go home, but, thankfully she stayed overnight to help me out. I am sticking with yogurt, Protein Shakes and healthy request cream Soups (strained). I may have overdone it tonight by drinking my Protein Shake a little too close to my Soup. I never thought I could feel so full on so very little food. I think the only thing I didn't buy ahead of time that I wish I would have was suckers. My mouth was so dry and everything tasted so blah. Anyway, I am so excited that I am on the other side. The day after surgery I was up 6 lbs, today I am only up 1(I know it's just Water weight from surgery). If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask me.

my surgery date is also feb 15!!! is there is a forum or site for february bandsters?

Yes there is a section labeled Feb Bandsters. I have surgery Feb 16th.

I too was banded on Feb 3rd and had no idea how much pain I would be in. Definitely more than I expected. My port pain is throbbing and feels like it pulls when I move and the trapped gas in my back and shoulders feels like someone is stabbing me.

But what I can't believe is that you were banded on the 3rd too and are drinking Protein Shakes, creamy Soups and yogurt.

My surgeon has me on Clear Liquids for two weeks to heal. I'm having trouble getting anything down because I have zero hunger but I'm pushing liquids to stay hydrated. I'm amazed he let's you eat that and you can already. Wow!!

But I thought I was a big baby too. I can barely move and am still in pajamas. I took my first shower today and took the bandages off. My port is right above my belly button which surprised me. I thought it would be on my side.

I was surprised by the full liquid diet too, but I am not having any problem keeping it down. I stayed on thin liquids yesterday - 1/2 cup of strained 98% fat free chicken Soup, and some thinned pudding. Today I had a Protein Shake and I feel a lot better. I can't believe you have to stay on clear liquids for 2 weeks, how can you get any Protein in?

This is my week for the band I am getting very excited! I have my EGD first thing in the morning, never thought this week would get here. I have still been a bit worried that I was never put on a preop diet but thats what the Doctor said.