Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

Hi everyone, been super-busy like everyone else, but checking in. Still holding at 172 which I guess is OK. Have a doc appt in a couple weeks.

Nicole, hope you are feeling great again... Pneumonia is serious stuff.

I like your idea of New Year's liquids. I've done that a couple days this week myself to make up for the horrid aftermath of the office Christmas party. I did so many things wrong that day. First off I was tired and decided to have a caffeinated peppermint mocha on my way there. It did pep me up since I haven't had caffeine in a year! Then I ate spicy food and drank margaritas. I was in a world of hurt the next day with my stomach. I will not be drinking alcohol for New Year's, thank you, it is not worth it!

So onward and downward, wishing all of you a very joyous and prosperous New Year! Bandiversaries are coming up!

Hi I'm Claudia and will b banded on January 2nd. I can't wait. I have 2 more days on my pre-op diet n start my journey to a brand-new me and a new week of liquid diet followed by a soft food week and then a blended week of food. I must admit I have had some BLT's (bites licks n tastes) but overall have done great. I've lost a total of 13 lbs n will weigh in again probably on the day of my surgery. It's been a tough week and a half but it's thought me about eating for fuel. Good luck to all of us...My prayers r with all of you for a smooth surgery n a quick n easy recovery.

Hi everyone! Long time no see, sorry about that!

Brannwemee- we all were banded in January 2012, so we're coming up on our 1 year bandiversaries. You're welcome to still post here, of course!!

Nicole- wow, what a bummer! I hope you're feeling better- isn't this the second pretty major health event you had????

Ladybandido- I have done so many things wrong the last few months! But back to the real world and back to being successful!!

So on top of all the other things DH has going on health wise (pace maker, congestive heart failure, kidney stones, etc), he was just diagnosed with type 2 diabetes!!!! LOL, ya just gotta laugh. BUT- we're not sure if it's a true diagnosis because the blood test he took was not fasting, and he had just drank a HUGE regular soda. BUT even if it's not a true diagnosis, he's gotten a little bit of a wakeup call and is going a little more low carb. Since I'm going to start carb cycling, it's a good thing for me. And it's made him a little more supportive.

Okay, I'm going to post my New Year goals here- you all will keep me accountable, okay? Anyone who wants to join me please do!

1. Participate in the monthly lapband challenges (found in the general forum I think- I did a few then petered out...)

2. JOURNAL my feelings instead of eating them.

3. Avoid ice cream like the plague. I just can't have it in the house, it's a total trigger. I MAY have some out of the house once or twice a year, tbd.

4. LOG all my food. ALL of it, consistantly, every single day

5. Exercise at least 4 x a week

I've put these in my note app in my phone to keep track of them so I can report on them to all of you! And maybe we can do monthly challenges here again like we did for awhile- they really help me. What do y'all think?

This is still a hard journey for me, and boy was my head out of the game since October. I will have to re-lose some weight, but I'll get it done and power through to onederland!

Nicki

Thank you all for your well wished. I am feeling much better. I did a private fitness session Saturday and it kicked my butt!! I am still sore! I will start going beck to the gym on Wednesday and see how I feel.

I would love to do a challenge! Get us started JDI!

Thank you all for your well wished. I am feeling much better. I did a private fitness session Saturday and it kicked my butt!! I am still sore! I will start going beck to the gym on Wednesday and see how I feel.

I would love to do a challenge! Get us started JDI!

Happy New Year January Bandsters of 2012!!

I am all set for 2 days of liquids to restart my system!

New Years resolution:

1. Log my food!! Even when I know I have gone over!!

2. Continue to workout 3-4 days a week but add an extra 20 minutes of cardio before my class.

3. Meet my goal weight of 165 and maintain for 6 months. The VA will pay for my Tummy Tuck if I do this!!

4. Finally get my divorce and live free!! Typed the papers today!!!

2013 looks like it will be my year!!

Hi I'm Claudia and will b banded on January 2nd. I can't wait. I have 2 more days on my pre-op diet n start my journey to a brand-new me and a new week of liquid diet followed by a soft food week and then a blended week of food. I must admit I have had some BLT's (bites licks n tastes) but overall have done great. I've lost a total of 13 lbs n will weigh in again probably on the day of my surgery. It's been a tough week and a half but it's thought me about eating for fuel. Good luck to all of us...My prayers r with all of you for a smooth surgery n a quick n easy recovery.

Welcome! Wishing you a speedy recovery. What a great way to start the new year.

Brannwemee--there are new threads for us January 2013 bandsters! Look up pre-op & group forums. Congrats...My date is 30 January!

Well I am one month from my goal time. I was banded on Jan 31 2012 got home on Feb 1 so I figured Feb. 1st is my goal day. I wanted to be at 175 by then but am rocking at a 196 so not to far off. Am looking for a fill on the 7th again. BUT going from 275 to 196 is a GOAL all of its own. I never knew my scale had wieghts under 200 before. (lol)

This group has been a blessing. I do not post much but I do read all.

The good the bad and the hungry.

I still see the old me in the mirror but my clothes have alot less material in them. gone from a 26 to a 16 skinny and they are loose. So moving along at a slower pace then some on here. But I am okay with that. I just know I can do it. And I know as a group of loosers we all become Winners.

So thank you all so much for the feed backs and support on here.

Karen from Mankato, Minnesota

Hi everyone! Okay, we need a challenge- I need a challenge, LOL. I stepped on the scale to see 218- up 16 lbs. Oh well. Now to get them and a bunch of their friends OFF my butt!!! LOL. I started the carb cycling yesterday, a low carb day and I did well. I know I can do this, now to get to doing!

Nicole- sounds like you have a plan! I'm glad you can move forward with your divorce, that must be such a stressful situation to live in!

Karen- That is a LOT of weight to have lost!!!! So you'll meet your goal, just keep on working!

Everyone, do a new year check in! How are you all doing???? Even if you're not at goal, or met your goal (heaven knows I haven't)- we're still on the journey.

So, what should our challenge be? Here's what I propose- a twofold challenge to get us back on track (for those of us who have been waaaaay off track, LOL). And if you haven't been off track, it's still good habit reinforcement.

1. Log all our food- paper journal, myfitnesspal, loseit, whatever you use. Log whether it's good or bad! Just get in the habit

2. Exercise at least 3 times this week. Walk, zumba, at home videos, whatever!

Who's with me?????

So far I logged yesterday and today, and I did 90 minutes of zumba yesterday at the Y! As the zumba instructor said, "you tell everyone who isn't here today that you have one day on them now in 2013!"

Have a great day-

Nicki

Happy New Year! So I went from 179.5 up to 181. Not bad at all. I am tracking my food intake on myfitnesspal.com. If you would like to join me, my user name is 126dee. I love that site and using it really helps!

I hope to post often and to have success in losing 30 lbs by May 4th. That's the day I leave for my first cruise!!!!!! I definitely feel this is a goal I can reach without depriving myself of ice cream or sweets. I've discovered Skinny Cow mint sandwiches and I fell in love!!!! It totally kills the craving without a ton if calories. Glad they are in sale at ShopRite, time to stock up before the price is unreasonable again.

Good luck to all. If you reside near South Jersey let me know. Be nice to have a walking buddy who understands my obstacles :-)

So far so good for the new year. Yesterday's weight was 189, up 4lbs from Xmas goodies but doable!! I did mostly liquids yesterday except for one small cookie (my demise) and at midnight I was starving and had a Protein Bar. But I logged it all on My Fitness Pal and I started logging today! I have signed up for semi-private circuit training classes 4 days a week an I going in for my 1 yr weigh in and measurements on 1/26. I can't wait to see the difference!

So Niki I am up for your challenges!! I think I will also try to continue to log my weight on Sunday/Mondays just to keep me going!

Happy New Year Everyone!!

I wanted to provide an update on my status. I just left the doctor's about me not being able to drink and/or eat the last few days because my condition got extremely worse since 12/31. I went to the gym that day and did my cycling and 80 crunches, and having been really sick since. The doctor took out .5ccs to give me some relief and is sending me for an upper GI to see if my band has slipped. I am praying this is not the case. So now I am down to 6.7ccs in my band. I am feeling some relief, but still a little concerned about band slippage. Praying hard for some good news....

Kemisha

Hello Everyone, Happy New Year. Just thought I'd give a quick update. I read through the last few posts but not all (yet).

My overall goal was not in pounds but clothes sizes (but not necessarily all in 1 year)..I wanted to go from a 20 to 10/12. Currently I'm 99% in a 14 but I bought a pair of Walmart Straight leg jeans in a size 12!!! they were snug but looked good and I wore them with pride!

I did tell my nutritionist i would like to lose 75lbs in 1 year it wasn't an official goal but I did set it. I see her on the 17th (My bandaversary) . I didn't make the goal but I'm happy with my progress. I think I missed it by like 20lbs.. these last few months..I just couldn't move that scale. Maybe I'll get closer by the 17th and drop 5 to get into the 180's :D

I thought the holidays would be torturous (And it was) soooo much food. I did go back up to 194. I just can't get into the 180's geeeeez. Well I have another 5k race in Atlanta on the 13th, I'm hoping to set a personal record (anything under 42 minutes lol).

GOALS..I'll take the first challenge:

1. Log all our food- paper journal, myfitnesspal, loseit, whatever you use.

I've never been able to keep up with logging but starting today! I'm logging..

Hey everyone- just had to post and pat myself on the back a little, as I do need it, LOL.

We (DH and I) have just had one hit after another- health issues, financial issues, and now my car is just broken and not worth fixing (it's 18 years old, the new clutch costs $625, the mechanic who I trust implicitly, said it's like putting a new heart in an 80 year old man, you may get 20 more years, you may get a week.) We truly cannot afford a car payment, but we're going to have to figure something out. We're in the middle of refinancing our house (another huge stress, as if this doesn't work out then we'll have to move). It's one thing after another- and of course, trying to get on track-

That was my venting, here's the pat on my back

So far I have not eaten food for comfort, It's day 3 of being back on track, carb cycling, it's a low carb day and I'm hanging in.

Sigh...