Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

Oh JDI, I laughed again reliving the sticky icky all Iberia your sweater with the few napkins available...only us right!! Only bandsters will understand our plight!!! I want to be under 200 for my one year anniversary also...but my body thinks otherwise...grueling workouts and strict calorie:fat:protein and my weight has never been so consistent! Annoying!!!! 200.8-200.2 is getting very old VERY FAST!!!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Hi everyone!

Sue Bee- welcome! That's awesome success you've had! I'm sure with the amount of weight you've lost recovering from hip surgery will be so much easier! What have you been doing to be so successful!?

Horsegirl- yep, let's just say I have napkins in the car now, LOL. I usually just don't eat in the car, now I remember why!

Chrissy- yes, I'll commit with you to exercise! I'm shooting for 4 days a week at least 30 minutes.

I have a cut- like I accidentally nicked myself with a knife while washing dishes or something- right on the tip of my middle finger on my left hand, so typing HURTS!!

I am so excited, I'm going to see Dave Matthews Band on Wednesday night! It will be my 5th time seeing them in concert, I heart them, LOL. And yes, I'm really too old for this but still don't care!! AND I'll be able to comfortable fit in the seat, unlike my last time seeing them 2 years ago! Yay me!

Have a great Monday!

Nicki

Welcome SueBee01, welcome to a great group of supportive women!

Monday weight..same ol, same ol - 192 :(

I'm starting to think I'm stuck!! this time, not me personally but the scale!! (I'm going to need some cheese with my 'whine' at this pity party lol but I cannnnnn't have cheese or I'll get stuccck) I'm kidding y'all, it is disappointing but I bought some misses 14 pants and they fit great, with room to breathe freely!

I'm scheduled for a fill on 12/14 hopefully that'll help get the scale moving a bit..last night I ate a 1/2 rack of grilled BBQ ribs with steamed veggies..should I have been able to eat all that? I don't know, but I surely did. I've been running at least 1 mile per day.. some runs some brisk walks..this week I'll add in some strength training.. gotta break the plateau, thats the goal of the week. I'm sure all the exercises is what's increasing my appetite but the band is suppose to slow that down... ok now I'm excited to get my fill on Friday..

JDI, my boss and his wife are HUGE Dave M. fans HUGE HUGE...where's he playing, if it's any state around NC they'll go! lol

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Nicki, I eat two meals a day and one to two Snacks for about 500-600 calories and exercise 1 to 1 1/2 hours each day. I have had a couple stalls, but just keep going. This last one was 3 weeks, then the scale dropped this weekend 4 pounds so I am now at 191. That is 11 pounds from my personal goal, but 31 from my drs. I think 160 is to low especially since I want to get rid of all this excess skin! So I may soot for 170.

Had a great weekend. Played golf twice, got the Christmas lights up and went for a ride with hubby on our Harley. First time I could fit my a** on the back of the bike in nearly 20 years!

Welcome SueBee!! What an amazing journey for you...and you've joined a great group of people on this board! :) JDI...I'm not doing so well so far with our exercise goal. Ugh! on top of TTOTM, I'm sick...sniffly and coughing my head off...which, by the way, feels like its going to explode. I didn't get on the scale today so I have no weight to post...and since its TTOTM...I'm not exactly excited about posting anyway. I'll jump back in next Monday on that one. NJ2NC..it does sound like you could be ready for a fill. Just remember to take those NSV's when the scale isn't moving. Remember that the success is not always the number on the scale. You're doing great...we're all doing great! Horsegirl...I know what you mean. I didn't think I was ever going to break that 200 barrier. Do you have a lot of dairy in your diet? Someone told me lessen the dairy, that helped them get over a plateau. It was while back and I think on another thread. But, I switched from milk to almond milk for my Protein Shakes, and stopped eating cottage cheese as my snack and switched to harder cheese like sharp cheddar. I also didn't eat as much of it...and at that point I did see some movement on the scale. Now its second nature to me so I really can't use that for myself anymore. I did have to have a slight unfill last week. Doc took out the .2cc's I had just had put back in a month ago. This sinus drainage had started wreaking havoc on my eating ability again. I had started having trouble getting a Protein Shake down again, so I went in on my own. Now I feel like I'm able to eat whatever I want, so I've GOT to take more stock in what I'm choosing. I also have to start measuring again. Ya'll keep me accountable! :) Sweet dreams everyone & God bless!

Monday weigh in 193lbs. No movement but I got a fill today so maybe it will help.

Hi Everyone!

I'm finally seeing the light of day and getting back on here. We got hit by Sandy and lost the first floor of our house and have moved into an apt above our business nearby. Two dogs and 4 cats in a one bedroom apt and tryng to keep organized with all the paperwork coming our way re: FEMA, flood ins. car ins etc.

It looks like I have a lot of catching up to do and I will but slowly. I missed you all and need you all! I've been eating so poorly these past few weeks and on top of that, out of know where, I was having a problem keeping things down a good week ago for more then a week. Finally got to dr's office and they took out approx .6 cc's of saline. I have very little in there to begin with so just about down to 1+cc. I lost a good 4lbs during that time but think I've already found them in a matter of days. Since I worked out at home prior to Sandy, I have not worked out since that day. Ironicaly, I haven't gained much weight however, all the toning I worked so hard on, is slowly going to mush! Many pluses and little negatives thank God.

So, I have an appt to go back on the 20th for another tiny fill and hopefully that will give me some control during the holidays. Afterall, our 1 yr anniversary is coming up and I want to bring in the New Year looking better then I did last New Year's!

It's glad to be back on here and looking forward to catching up on your posts so I can see what I've been missing. Hugs to all.....

Meredith!!!!! So glad to hear you are OK ... Dealing with a whole lot, bit OK. We were all worried about you, with Sandy and all. Glad you are back on.

I'm so very tired tonight, just checked in on everyone's posts and will reply more tomorrow, but just wanted to acknowledge that Meredith is here!! :-)

BTW, I am 172, down from last week by 2 (thanks you guys for the support!!) but still up from my lowest 170. Puh-leeeese! Come on 160s, you're there somewhere, I know it.

oh my gosh Meredith!!!! so glad you are okay. We've been worried & wondering about/praying for you! I'm so sorry to hear you got hit so hard, but I'm so glad you are okay. :) it sounds like you've done okay though in the midst of all this trial. We r still praying for ya and sending lots of hugs your way! God bless!

I know, I'm a lurker and you probably don't remember me but I too was banded in January 2012. I started at 238 and currently weigh 179. I've been at a plateau for quite some time and its no fault of the band. In fact, without the band, I probably would have gained all the weight back. I lack motivation but I'm hoping the new year will put a light on the fire!

Meredith...I too live in Jersey but luckily I was not effected by Sandy. If you need any assistance please let me know. Not sure what rooms were on your first level but I have clothes, toys and household items to give if you are willing to take. Let me know. I work in Northern Jersey so you most likely are not out of my way. Good luck to you.

Wow! You guys' {gals} are awesome! No wonder that I missed you all so much! LadyB, thanks for the shout out to all, LOL, Chrissy, the thoughts & prayers and Dee {our lurker} congrats to you, sounds like you're doing awesome despite the plateau, but also thanks for your generous offer!

Dee, we don't have little kids, but thank you once again.

My first floor was the entire living space, 3 bedrooms, baths, kitchen, etc. The only thing we saved was our head and foot boards to our bed. Don't know why but it fared well with cleaning the bacteria and mildew but the jury is still out on that until we get back in. Fortunately, most of my thinner clothes I had been saving over the year's "when I lose weight in the back of the proverbial closet was upstairs. I lost mainly summer tee's and sad to say, my 'priceless' Marshall's gym clothes. :-(.

All my shoes which again fortunately, I'm not a shoe person however.... and all of our furniture which Fortunately, I didn't care for that much as my husband chose the couches!!!! So, we now have a blank canvas, if you will, to start over and just get the things we need, not want. Amazing what a disaster can do to one's hoarding stuff {my DH} and attitude. You realize that those things just aren't important any longer. :-) Adversity is good for the soul and to get by in life.

Hello everyone! Glad to hear all is well Meredith! We missed you!!

My Monday was crazy. I weighed in at 193. Just floating around the same numbers this month but compared to last year where I probably would have put on 10lbs I'm doing pretty good! I got a .2cc fill Monday and am on mush for 2 more days. So hopefully that will jump start my weight loss again! Fingers crossed!!

I love you all!!!

Hi everyone! Meredith, glad to see you! LOL, my DH picked our couches as well, and is also the horder of the family- maybe they're related!! I'm just glad YOU and your family are safe, everything else can be replaced somehow.

Dee, good to "see" you! Yep, I've been off the bandwagon for a couple months, and have regained some- but not nearly as much as I would have! On 1/1/13 I'll be back on- I'm actually pretty good at New Year's resolutions, and my YMCA is having a Zumba party that day, so a good kickstart, LOL.

Chrissy- how are you doing? Let's start our exercise goals in January. I'm still hitting several days most weeks, but we'll start kicking butt and taking names in January.

Well, here's a NSV for you! I went to the Dave Matthews Band concert on Wednesday night, our tickets were general admission floor- meaning standing room only. And I was able to stand and dance (well, as well as I could with the sticky floor from all the spilled drinks!!). My feet hurt, but not nearly as much as they would have 70+ lbs ago! And I was not the fattest there BY FAR! The only bummer is, I wish I had a seat to see how much better I fit into it! LOL. DH had to leave the floor and find a seat (and I had to promise no more standing room only tickets). But it was so much fun, it was my 5th time seeing them, it's such a good show and I"m a HUGE fan. NJ2NC, I'm sure your boss was there, right??? He'll tell you how awesome it was! :)

Okay everyone, have a great day!!

Nicki