Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

i know i know i havent posted in foreva, just not a chatter yall. gained around 10 pounds but back on track now, eating right and tracking. Water and Protein focus. started insanity again yesterday and again this morning. lost 3 pounds YESTERDAY! i still have 160 to lose. i think thats been a big hirdle for me is how far i have to go. i know i need to flip it and think how far i have come but sometimes that honestly makes me lax in my diet as if ive done enough. so onward and.....downward on the scale! oh yeah and today is my one year bandiversary, i will be singing to myself all day.. happy bandiversary to me, happy bandiversary to me, happy bandiversary to meeeeee, happy bandiversary to me, and maaaaany mooorreee!

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

Hello Everyone!

Today is my Bandiversary---YAY!!! One year old today. I have to say that we have been through some things, but all is well now. Since some of the Fluid has been taken out, I have been feeling good these days. I will go back for a check up on Feb 3rd. But so far so good. I have purchased the book on carb cycling and will too be joining in on this way of eating. I am hoping that it will help me get out of my plateau.

Kemisha

To keep with my New Years goal...I am back again to report my weekly progress, and yes, it is progress! I finally beat my 178 goal!!! Weighed in at 177, I haven't weighed this little in over 9 years. My next goal is to get to pre-pregnancy weight, so I have to lose another 20 pounds but I will do it!

I have tracked my food on myfitnesspal and it works great for me. Hope more of you join me on there (user name 126dee). I find it to be very useful and full of information. I love that I can just scan a barcode on the food and all the nutritional information appears for me. Makes life so much easier.

I was asked to be a bridesmaid in a wedding this coming September. I fit nicely into a size 14 but I ordered a size 12. The woman said if it didn't fit I could always exchange for another size. I know she is thinking I'll need the 14 BUT I know I will need a 10 or lower! I want to be the sexiest bridesmaid!

As for exercise, I did Zumba and the treadmill on Monday burning close to 600 calories. I found a site (caloriesburnedhq.com) to assist in calculating how many calories I burned in Zumba. Hope this helps all of you as well.

Keep up the good work! I will have my band for 1 year next Friday...I hope to have lost 65 pounds by then. That would be awesome!!!!!!

Denise

Happy bandiversary to you Kymie!!! You do need to look at your successes- I mean, gee whiz, look at where you are and what you have accomplished! I don't know about you, but I know I would weigh MORE this year if it were not for the band.

And Happy Bandiversary to you too Kemisha! I am so glad you're doing better. I don't know if it's the carb cycling or the laying off the ice cream but I lost a lot this week!

Denise- you're doing great! Thanks for that website, I do zumba too- LOVE IT!! So much fun and such good exercise! I use myfitnesspal too, love the barcode scanner!!

I just got back from working out, boy did I need it! Rough day at work, helps to sweat off some of the stress! And I can feel my body getting more endurance with getting back into it.

Well, getting back to work...

Nicki

is it rude or snobish to see what other people are eating and drinking around you and think gross? i see how i used to eat and am so proud of my nre lapband way of life!

Just posted this to FB, thought I'd share here as well:

· Today is my 1 year "Bandiversary"! I had Lap-Band surgery a year ago today - since then I have lost 87 pounds; I am no longer morbidly obese or even obese, I'm just plain old overweight; I've dropped 7 pants sizes; I have room to spare with the airplane seatbelt; I worry less about squeezing between rows of chairs; my Mom said if she had walked by me in the mall she wouldn't have recognized me; and I completed a 5K walk! I had to pay out of pocket but it's been worth every penny! My health is better, the arthritis in my hip (although right now it's flaring up) is better, and my blood pressure is no longer borderline high. My eating habits have significantly changed in a good way - I listen to my body and when it needs food or is full. I don't deprive myself of anything (deprivation diets didn't work before and I doubt it would work now) but I know what fuels my body and I eat those things first; if there's room leftover for a treat, I have it! I've only had 1 real bout of "emotional" eating since the surgery and I put a stop to it as soon as I recognized it. I am thankful to everyone who has cheered me on and hopefully I can be an inspiration to anyone who needs it. I still have a ways to go - 38 pounds to my personal goal, but that's a lot closer than the 125 pounds I needed to lose last January 9th!

is it rude or snobish to see what other people are eating and drinking around you and think gross? i see how i used to eat and am so proud of my nre lapband way of life!

No not at all. I do that too, especially at restaurants I see the massive portions of pure fat and calories others are eating and think "I am SO glad that's not me eating that anymore!"

Amica, happy Bandiversary! What a lot of great things have come from it!! 7 pants sizes, that is awesome! And only 38 lbs to go- fantastic!

Kymie- I do that too- and am grateful I don't do that anymore.

Missy- I lost 5.5 lbs last week! Not sure if it was the carb cycling or the laying off the massive amounts of ice cream i was eating, but who cares???

Still stressed about a bunch of stuff, but not eating over it, and it will all resolve. So glad I have you guys to "talk" to!

Chrissy, where you at girl!!!! And NJ2NC, Ladybandido, I think it's been a couple days- post! Everyone!

Have a great day!

Nicki

ps I do think I overuse exclamation points!!!!!!!!!

This is my first post as a "Bandster", I am scheduled for surgery Jan 18th. Been one long road getting here but I am truly excited that the Lord has allowed me the opportunity to have this surgery and live a little bit longer.

My wife will be joining me some time in Febuary or March. We're planning for our future together, looking forward to growing old together. :)

I'm being banded on Monday, the 14th! I can't figure out how to join the group. Help!

Hi Jeff B and New Girl in Town- we all were banded in 2012- I think there are threads around for those being banded this month. That being said- of course you are so welcome to post here! We LOVE to give advice- at least, I do, LOL.

Good luck on your journey, I know all of us that post here are so glad we made this decision. We may not be at goal, but we're a heck of a lot lighter than we were this time last year!!!!

All the best-

Nicki

Thanks! Appreciate it.

Hello all. Happy Bandiversary Mish, Nicole, Missy & Amica.. If I missed anyone, my apologies.

Just wanted to stop in and see how everyone is doing! I can't believe it has been a year! and congrats on all the NSV's..

I've been reading a few people talking about a Carb Cycling Diet... I'll have to research what that is.

I think I figured out why my band acts up sometime. I apparently overate at lunch the other day cause my tummy hurt, gas bubbles and for the next few days NOTHING would go down right and would barely stay down! then I thought back after each time I ate just slightly over normal portions I would go through a few days of nothing going down right. So maybe my band must get irritated and don't accept food very well for a few days...hmmm, guess I should be more conscious of my eating even when I have small portions cause I thought I was eating well within my range maybe it was slightly too much but nothing over the top.

Hi there! NJ2NC- that's good info, now you know what to avoid! It's sure trial and error. How is it going with logging your food? That will help keep things in check portion wise, too. The carb cycling thing- it's a book called Choose to Lose by Chris Powell. I'm liking it so far! I don't feel deprived, and logging my food really keeps me on track with counting the carbs, which I never used to do, only counted Protein to make sure I was getting enough in.

I had a great (sarcastic) stuck episode. DH wanted to go to a restaurant called Only Burgers, right by one of the car dealerships we are visiting (that's a whole nother frustrating story, LOL). As the name implies, they ONLY serve burgers. So I got a cheeseburger, and tried to eat it with half the bun. Super small bites, lots of chewing. Got stuck, threw up in some napkins, then a little in their bathroom. Thought I was okay. Then at the car dealership I could tell I was backing up, so I used ds as an excuse and went behind some cars and puked. Was ok after that, but SUPER starving. I had had a Protein Shake in the morning, then walked and did zumba, then a couple bites of hamburger! So I got some chinese food and ate a little of it when I got home, and also had a little bit of ice cream. It went down with no problem, of course, LOL. But I logged it all, still very under calories.

Sigh. I should have known!

Everyone have a great rest of your weekend! Post, update- Chrissy, where are you?

Nicki

Happy Bandiversary everyone!

Nicki-sorry to hear you car shopping was interrupted by getting stuck. Car shopping is suppose to be fun, especially after all you have been through! I have notice bread just doesn't go down well. I actually eat my kids crust from their garlic bread because that is the only bread I can eat without feeling uncomfortable. the only carbs that I can still eat without a problem are cookies!! and I love cookies!!! So did you find a car? It is so nice that your parents are still able to help out. I know my parents have offered to help me out during my divorce and I am so thankful to them. I look forward to the day that I am independent enough to be there for my kids too! with the economy I am not sure that will happen. I worry my kids will finish college and not be able to get jobs, so I will make sure they have a room to live in when they are done! What crazy times we live in!!!

NJ2NC- wow I can't believe you figure it out. I have been logging my food since New Years day and have considered slacking, but your story reminds me the importance of knowing what you ate and when!! So I will continue to log!! I am on Myfittnesspal with 126dee and when I see she has logged it makes me follow through!!

OK here are my goal updates

Logged every day last week

exercised 3 days of strength training, plan to up it to 4 days next week

I am at 185lbs (on my scale) meaning I only have 20lbs to my surgery goal!!! Of course I have been on a lot of liquids lately, so it might slow down some with solids.

Oh the divorce- I filled out all the documents and sent them to him to review. once we both agree with the documents then we will officially file and will be considered "separated" then one more form for him to do to say he agrees to everything and we are done!!! (Just picture me doing a happy dance right now!!!!)

Post everyone!! I need your stories to keep me strong!!