Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

I'm banded! Minimal pain and not hungry but I have drank 16 oz or Water and ate chicken broth. Looking forward to Protein Shakes tomorrow.

Congrats klr2012!

I have my one year post op appt on Tuesday, although my anniversary is 1/30. Excited to see what comes next! I have been doing my labs every three months thru my PCP. Always good except for some reason my Vit A stays low?

The cruise was fun. Went to Honduras and Cozumel. Only 5 days this time. Went on Celebrity Constellation. We have been enjoying Celebrity, the food is awesome! Haven't found a gym on a ship that I don't like yet! I work out twice a day while sailing, first in the pool then the gym in the afternoon. I maintained this trip and have been losing again since I got home. Down to 185.5 now. Would love to be at 180 by 1/30. It has been a long trip from my start of 330. We will see.

Planning my next cruise for 2014. Headed to Europe - the first time there! Can't wait!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

I have my one year post op appt on Tuesday, although my anniversary is 1/30. Excited to see what comes next! I have been doing my labs every three months thru my PCP. Always good except for some reason my Vit A stays low?

The cruise was fun. Went to Honduras and Cozumel. Only 5 days this time. Went on Celebrity Constellation. We have been enjoying Celebrity, the food is awesome! Haven't found a gym on a ship that I don't like yet! I work out twice a day while sailing, first in the pool then the gym in the afternoon. I maintained this trip and have been losing again since I got home. Down to 185.5 now. Would love to be at 180 by 1/30. It has been a long trip from my start of 330. We will see.

Planning my next cruise for 2014. Headed to Europe - the first time there! Can't wait!

Hello all banders! My name is Jessica and I am very new to the group. I am 2 days post-op, feeling good just very sore and full of air.

For all of you newbies congratulations! Yes you will have a lot of gas moving around your system and it will be painful. The best thing you can do to relieve the pain is walk! I swear I wore out a path in my carpet! It will last up to 6 weeks and after about 3 weeks will settle itself in one area. For me it was my right shoulder. Others under their rib cage. At times it will literally take your breath away but it is normal. Just walk it off & take your Gas-X as often as possible. Good luck!!

Hi everyone! To all the newbies, I agree, walk as much as you can!! It's so helpful for the gas. And don't do sugar free Jello, or sugar free anything, do the full sugar version- you're getting so few calories in at this point you really do need the calories. And don't worry, at about day 8 you'll feel so much better! I was banded on a Thursday, went back to my very sedentary job on Monday. Tired for sure, but doable. And follow doctor's orders!!

Sue- glad you had fun! I'd love to go on a cruise, but dh isn't into them.

Nicole- I forgot to say congratulations on your divorce...LOL. I know from what you've said it's been a long time coming. A totally new you!!!

I bought our car on Friday! A 2010 Toyota Camry. I think I got a good deal, and I got $1000 for my trade in, a 1995 corolla with over 328,000 miles on it. She was a good car, and I was sad (dumb, I know). But this new car is so nice, and it's fun to drive something so new, LOL. But it was really stressful, Friday night I was almost sick. I've never spent that much money, LOL!!! We paid cash, so it was a chunk.

Well, last night affirmed that I really cant' have ice cream in the house. We went grocery shopping on Saturday, and the kids picked out some ice cream, and I picked out a 1/2 gallon too. I had 1 cup of it on Saturday. Then I had the REST yesterday, my official "cheat" day. I'm pretty sure that was outside the realm of the cheat parameters, LOL. But I logged it and owned it, and was good all the rest of the time. I exercised 4 x last week and was under calories and carbs for all my days. So, oh well, I think I'll still show a loss. Today is a low carb day, my turkey roll ups are in the fridge.

I see B-52's posts about how can people "fall off the wagon" and it's all about restriction- and I agree to a point, but I feel I have good restriction with "real" food- have to eat small bites, chew well, etc to get solid Protein down. But ice cream? Dang, that just slides right on through. And if you eat a lot of it, restriction or not, it's going to add up to pounds gained. At least for me. So there is some willpower necessary, even at restriction. imvho. So I just have to kick that back in, and it is for the most part! Just no more ice cream in my grocery cart!

Everyone have a great day!

Nicki

Happy Monday ladies! It's a frigid cold, snowy Monday in Michigan so I'm jealous of anyone who lives somewhere warm and sunny this morning!!! Took the dogs out for their morning walk and felt like my face was going to freeze off...

Feeling quite proud of myself today. I am down to the least that i have weighed in over 23 years! I had a rough day yesterday, binged on some Cookies and potato chips, but ended up eating less than 1200 calories by having a small but nutritionally loaded dinner and healthy night time snack.

You would believe that after 2 1/2 years of this that I would have the binging thing under control, but I don't...but really, I guess 5 cookies and one small snack bowl of potato chips would have been nothing before banding.

Guess today needs to be a good hard workout day so the scale doesn't go up in response to the sugar and fat from yesterday.

Sue-welcome back from the cruise. Europe sounds great-we are considering a trip this summer for our family and hoping to be able to afford an England/Scotland route.

Nicki-dang ice-cream!!! I cannot even start on it because I have no control. I only have it as a special treat and ONLY when we are out because then I cannot go back for more. I agree with you about the "slider-ness" of it. I can only eat a few ounces of chicken but I could eat bowls full of ice cream-seems stupid, doesn't it? Congrats on the new car.

Nicole-keep up the good work. You deserve it!

To all the newbies-I wish you great success on your journey. If you have questions, ask away. I was banded in July, 2010 and I was adopted by this lovely group of women a few months ago. I've traveled a difficult road, with lots of detours and side trips, but I'm here to show you that you can still lose weight with the band even after more than two years.

Have a great week!

Nicki-thanks the support! I know exactly what you mean it is totally possible to slide backwards and actually gain it all back. I know if I really wanted to binge I could and if I really just got depressed and stopped working out I would be right back where I was before the band. It is interesting how the band and the cost of the band has made me more accountable for myself. Before I would skip days at the gym and make a lot of excuses or even work late to miss my classes! Now when ever I think of missing a class the scale pops into my head and I know my trainer will be disappointed so I go even if late!! Before I would also talk myself in to a binge saying it will make me feel better. Now I let myself enjoy the former binge food, but totally own it.

rki- I had a difficult weekend too. I kept craving French Silk pie and i didn't have any in the house. I started snacking on everything else! So when I went grocery shopping I bought one slice and enjoyed every bit of it!! I owned it on my calorie count and now I actually feel satisfied!! But I will go in early to the gym and get some extra cardio before my class!!

Well I got a big surprise from my dr. office a BILL! I have never received on before and since I paid cash I thought it was all covered until I reached my green spot! I am totally calling today. When I made my appointment and when I arrived NO one said anything about it costing me! I never would have gone!! Is this normal?? Is it because my 1 year has past? I had the band on the 4th and went in for my last fill on the 5th one day different and I get a $250 bill!!

Nicole, try making some SF chocolate pudding into pie and add a little SF cool whip. It is great too and you can eat it!

thanks Sue!! I will try it!

I almost forgot my Monday update

logged all 7 days

worked out 4 days!!

weight was 181 on Friday, but today it is 183, but I'll take it!!! A 4 lbs loss this week!!

Yay Nicole, this is def a great start to a new year for you (in many ways! :-) )

JDI, glad you found a new car ... Camry's are really nice and hold their value, too. Put the ice cream down!!!! Lol

Rkimom, congrats to you, you must be walking on air!

I've been hanging in there, at 171 today and still working it. Started a structured very low carb diet today that I intend to do for three weeks. I just seriously need to get below 170 to get this kicked in gear and super low carb is the onlyway I know that lessens my chance on sabatoge with breads or chocolate or .. Yes, JDI, ice cream!

Didn't get any more fill at last visit, so still 2.8 in 10. He didn't fill because I had lost 6 pounds since the last visit, he said. I thought I had stayed the same...

Have a super week, all!

Hi everyone- yes, ladybandito, I do need to put it down- or never let it into my house!!! I'm doing the carb cycling thing- lost 5 lbs the first week, then 1 lb last week, probably about 1 this week, so it's working but slowly...but still going down! And what a happy surprise, losing more than you thought! When is your bandiversary?

Nicole- good for you for logging! And exercising! It's good to be back on the bandwagon, isn't it, nice loss! As to your bill, I"ll bet it has to do with the one year mark. Are you on insurance or were you self-pay?

My bandiversary is on Saturday. I'll Celebrate by doing zumba, LOL. I'm losing really slowly now, need to get it back going, I know I've still had ice cream, so I'll need to ditch that. I just want to be below 200! I think I"ll see 210.5 on the scale, so lost 7.5 of the 16 I've gained....lowest I saw back in October is 202. So first goal is to get below 200, then next goal is to get to 184 for a 100 lbs lost. I'm going to shoot for below 200 by the end of February. Onederland, here I come!!!

Nicki

im at my lowest weight in 10 years! ironically that was when i was prego with my daughter but i always lost weight during pregnancy.