Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

Yay Kymie!!!! Congrats!!!

Well I had my one year post op visit today even though my anniv isn't til 1/30. Dr was very thrilled, as was I! He said I have lost 87% of my initial excess weight and he said after losing 145 pounds he was good and when I am happy he will be happy too. So if I don't go down to his original goal of 160 he is ok. I am at 185 and told him I would be happy with 10-15 more.

He ran out of the office and came back with the plastic surgeon! Told the PS that he had done what he needed to do and that it was his turn! So I got my plastics consult done right then. What a surprise. Both surgeons were pleased and said I could proceed with plastics whenever I was ready.

That was a thrilling visit. Now everything is in my court.

I am hoping to get my hip replaced first, if not then I will be looking at a boob lift and my arms to start. Dying to get a bra that fits! More to come in the next couple months.

Hope you all had a good day!

Sue - that's wonderful! I'm so excited for you!!! I can't wait to hit goal. I've got 15 pounds left to be where the docs want me, but I'd like to lose 34 more for a personal goal. I'm looking at a hip replacement too. I have hip dysplasia which turned into horrible arthritis because of my weight. I was hoping that the weight loss would alleviate a lot of the pain and would allow me to delay the replacement and taper off the cortisone injections, but I'm losing hope for that. I'm 2 months away from my next cortisone injection and I'm in constant pain. I'm to the point where I almost want to go ahead with the replacement, but I'm really scared about the recovery from it. Keep us posted with your progress. Way to go!

I waited until I lost 120 pounds and still no relief so I just had my first shot in Dec and don't plan on continuing the shots. Now that I am pain free from the shot, I am ready for the surgery! I want to get on with my life and start living it. I can't on cortisone. I hope you find relief. This is the first time I have been pain free in three years.

Wow Sue, that is awesome!!! you've done so well!!!

Amica- you've done great too! I wish I hadn't backslid like I did, but oh well, what's done is done, so now I have to undo it and get back to where I was. I say go for the surgery and get it done with and then, as Sue said, you start living without the constant pain!

Lost another 1/2 lb- kind of bummed, it's really slowed down even though I'm doing the carb cycling and staying below calories, even on cheat days. I thought since I was turning cheat EVERYday into just one cheat day I'd lose! And I am, but obviously need to refine more. Da** ice cream, LOL!

Well, a little bummed, but still hanging in there and doing it right!!

Everyone have a great day!

Nicki

new NSV: bath sheets just to big now. i have to bunch it up to tuck it around me. im going to have to down grade to a normal sized towel, geez. insert sarcasm here, lol. its been a long year. insee some around me that have reached goal already and some that are slow losers like me. we all go at our own pace, its a lot to learn and relearn and reteach. i just now feel im ready for another fill, its ben over 6 months i think. i needed to ensure i was eating correctly, chewing very well, and what foods and when i can eat. things you never thought of before. im very glad i got my band, i see new changes both physically and mentally constantly. you just need to enjoy the process instead of thinking your life will start once you reach goal. live now and blossom into a new you. much love and peace to you all.

My year post op visit went great today! My surgeon was so happy with my progress that he ran out of the room, grabbed the plastic surgeon and turned me over to him. So I ended the visit with a plastic surgery consult! My surgeon said he would be happy with what ever additional weight loss I decide on. I am down 145 and will look to lose another 10-15. It's all good. Would love to get all of the excess skin removed, but who knows when I will be able to afford that!

Best wishes to all. My official annv is 1/30.

I am scheduled for Jan 24th!!!!! woot woot! so excited!

Me too. See u on the other side today, congrats!

Kymie that is a food NSV!! I was also excited about that & when I tried a normal towel it went ALL the way around me & I could tuck it in!!

Kymie, loved your most recent post. Great NSV and good reminders to us all. Well-said.

JDI, I so very much hear your frustration, but you are going in the right direction for sure and you can do it. Half a pound after a big 5 pound loss is really, really good when you think about it realistically. BTW my bandiversary was Jan 18. I thought it would be a big day for me, but was so busy I forgot!

Sue, how very cool for the plastics opportunity and even more for being pain free.

Nicole, it's your year for sure.

Newbies, welcome to you ... And may we suggest that start reading this thread from page 1... It's got to be chockful of info over this past year. Lol. Hard to believe we are now experienced!! :-)

OK now for a drumroll please...... I weigh 169 this morning!!!! I know that is only a 1 pound loss (in 2 months no less).... But you all know how I wanted to get past 170, and I did! I did! I did! Oh my looking at this post seems kind of silly, but there are a couple of you out there (NJ are you out there) that get what this one pound means to me. A whole, whole lot..

Have a beautiful weekend everyone. :-)

Congratulations Ladybandito!!! Keep it up!

Hello All! I hope this group lends a helping hand and ear! I was originally banded in Oct '09 had my firt reflux problem start up in 2011 toughed it out throughout the year or so and finally fixed my hiatal hernia Sept '12 - and at this time put in a low profile port.

Well to my disbelief I went for 6 fills since Oct 2012 to start my journey again thru Dec 2012 to quickly find out that what I thought I was right. No restriction! When the Dr checked my Fluid she said you should have 9 cc in my 10cc band and I said Dr I should be expolding not being able to eat a thing BUT i am and have been hence gained back 35 pounds in a year and half! I have been so upset and depressed that the Dr said the only way to get my life back again is to REDO the surgery and see if its the port leaking or the band and she won't know till she goes in and sees. Well I had surgery yesterday Jan 23rd! It was the band! sliced in the area where it shows you the breaks !

I am in so much pain today at work but sitting all day drinking shakes. Dr lowered the port to another area because it has to stay in place now w new stitches. So basically replaced the entire band port and all! I want to die cause she put the port closer to my bellybutton, Oh well too late now . I just hope now i will feel the fills as I did the first time without causing anymore reflux problems. Need to find my sweet spot and no more puking for me., I know that's what led to the reflux and eventually couldn't get fills.

Anyone out there that has had issues and been rebanded let me know how this is going to work out! I was at 148 at my lowest in 2011 and now at 185 ! Hope to god I can lose 40 lbs now with this new band in place etc. thanks for listening! Hope I can help anyone who has questions too!

hi there! Snowing here in NC, more like icing- got to leave at about 12:45, got home around 2 pm.

Kymie- awesome!! I can't wait- of course I've noticed that towels are bigger, LOL- hard to imagine I'm the one that's smaller...

LADYBANDITO!! Congratulations on the 169!!! that is so awesome!!! As one who is fighting every pound...I totally appreciate it.

Hi Sarasota, welcome!! Sounds like you've been through a lot, but finally have it fixed, thank goodness. But this time you know what you're doing and you know what to expect, so you'll do great!! We're a great group, if I do say so myself, so post a lot!

Terr9952 and the other poster who was just banded, hope all went well!!

I need another aha moment. I haven't done well the last few days- birthday cake at the office. It was so easy to say no before, now I'm just having a field day- and more ice cream. It truly is an addiction. I see both my primary doc and my band surgeon on Monday and I'm going to ask for advice from each. I truly don't believe I need a fill, but maybe I do- but I have trouble with solid Protein, but honestly I think I"m still taking too big of bites and not chewing enough- but I certainly don't feel full on smaller amounts-----well, if I'm eating better I do. I just need to get my freaking act together, but it's easier said than done.....

Thanks for letting me vent! I'm still down over 70 lbs in a year, and really want at least that much off this year. I just have to knuckle down and, as my username suggests, just do it!!!!

Everyone have a great day!

Nicki

Welcome Sara! I think you will go on and do great things now. Glad you were able to fix your problem!

Beautiful day here in northern Florida. I had a day off today. Got up early and walked the dog, went shopping and actually bought some size 12 pants and medium shirts (shocked), then played golf with my husband, went to lunch, did some more shopping, went to the gym, walked the dog again and now I am taking a little break before dinner! The weather was awesome here today, sunny and 72. I got to wear shorts!

Hope you all have a great weekend.

How long do we have to wait to exercise again? U cannot trmember?