Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

Hi all. Sorry I didn't post last Monday. I was at 174.5 which was the same as the previous Monday. I did we'll with Thanksgiving, we went to our friends' house. They sent home some leftovers but one meal of leftovers is certainly better than a houseful!

Yesterday I was at 170.5 for a total loss of 81 pounds. I'd like to be at 85 by Christmas but I'm hesitant to make that a "goal". It seems like anytime I set a specific goal I end up sabotaging myself; but if I just plug along and see what happens my results are always better. I should probably reflect more on that!

On the topic of alcohol, I'm still okay with wine (my poison of choice). I haven't tried any liquor drinks, but I have a feeling they would hit me a lot faster. I try to stay away from beer because of the carbonation. If I do have beer I usually go VERY slowly and end up giving half of it to my hubby.

Two NSV's - bought a pair of size 12 (curvy fit) pants; now I just need to focus on my thunder thighs and bat wings! I also survived my first holiday open house. I did about one small round of grazing, didn't even fill up a small plate, and I was done (plus two glasses of wine - told you it was my fave!) Prior to the band I would have stood at the table without a plate and just gnoshed!

Hello everyone,

Sorry to read about the stuck episodes by some of you. Although kind of funny to read about, I know they're no fun! Especially on the highway, Nicki, that would be the worst. Eating in the car seems to be the one place I am not comfortable eating, even now when I don't feel tight at all, must be the stomach position or something.

Chrissylu and Amica, you guys are just rockin along. Very inspirational and we all need that. Amica, I hear you about the goal sabatoging, I need to look a lot more into that issue.

Nicole, staying the same weight is pretty awesome in my book this time of year, even with the cookie dough. Congrats on your new ways for sure.

I didn't post my weight Monday because I was up 1 and thought I would post today, but dang it, I'm up another 1. Instead of waiting until tomorrow to weigh again I'm owning that I am up 2 pounds again this week. I would be even more upset if I was running the treadmill like NJ2NC is doing and I should be, but I know exactly what I'm doing wrong

Cookies, here and there. pizza on the run. Carbs, carbs and more carbs. Not enough Water by a long shot. Grazing on the junk piled all over at work instead of eating a good meal. And on top of all that, not getting in nearly enough Protein for the past week because I felt that would "save calories" from the chips and Cookies. Ugh, just writing this makes me embarrassed and I can see the foolishness of what I have been doing.

Soooo, tomorrow is a new day .. I've shared my confession ... I am only up about 4 pounds from my lowest (and not 20 like when I used to sabotage "diets") and I'll start again new. I KNOW if I could get to 168-169 a whole new enthusiasm would break out for me, but like Amica said, it is probably best to just stick to the rules and let the goals come on their own.

This is a rather long post, and I hope not too much of a downer for y'all, but I had to own it, and that's been my experience this week.

Ladybandito I so glad you posted I have been feeling the same way! Not enough Water for sure and saving room for the bad food!! I do great all day until I get home at 5 and it is down hill from there searching for something bad. And the weekends are the absolute worst. I do laundry all day Saturday, sit on my butt, catch up on TV shows and snack snack snack!! Sunday is better but if I go to the grocery store alone I am totally screwed!! I always gets myself "something special" the one good thing I am doing is eating right from 6am-5pm and an 1 1/2 of strength training 3-4 days a week.

You guys should never feel embarrassed to post a bad day, week or month. That is what we are all here for is to know we are not alone in this. I kind of feel like we just need to survive December and get back to the basics in January.

Ok I thing I beat you post in length. LOL

Ok as scary and driving and PB ing is...I'm sorry ladies, I had a good laugh!!! I totally understand your pain and the feeling of being in a vehicle magnifies the stuckness of it all!! Funny to hear about your kids, they sound like smart little buggers!!

Lady bandito, I feel uncomfy eating in the car too...and in certain sitting positions...sometimes a mini stuck can be solved with standing up.

To both lady and Nicole, I know exactly what you mean with the eating. I was like that for a while. Until I remembered a season of the biggest loser, where one of the contestants had WLS and ended up gaining weight back...they did an analysis of every contestants body fat percentage, and hers was the highest bc she had been depriving herself of Protein, not on purpose, of course...just filled up on all bad foods. In me, something clicked when i thought about that. Since then, when I eat something, I think...is this going to hurt or help me? If I'm looking for a snack...of course I WANT a cookie...but I know if I have a serving of cottage cheese, I'll be satisfied. Part of it too, is I have been working out religiously since September...I got stuck at 217 back then and I got a fire inside me...I said I wasn't going to allow my body to say no to weight loss...I was going to do everything in my power to get below 217...and beyond...now I am 201-203 depending on the day...and more motivated than ever. Working out definitely makes me eat better bc I don't want to ruin what I just did. I want to eat foods that will allow my body to recover and repair, so next time I am stronger. A big motivation for me has also been following fitness/health pages on Instagram...if anyone here has Instagram, I encourage you to check out workout motivation pages and healthy food ideas...some awesome recipes that don't make you feel deprived, etc...

And now, I will end my post...pretty sure I just out talked you both...but I am Italian, that's to be expected! ???

Horesegirl, thanks for the great insights and Nicole, for the team support.

Both comments boosted me up and I'm right on track today.

Love all of you on this forum!'

I am also learning not to eat while in the car. It does not make for pretty post-food activities. I'm so glad we are all still posting, especially as we close in on our one year anniversaries. I may have to go in for a slight unfill again. The sinus drainage or something is really stopping me up. I do have great news though! This morning, I reached my primary goal of 100 pounds gone! I can't tell you what an awesome, exciting feeling that is! And somehow, I managed to do it while still eating junk like mini candy bars and potato chips. Probably because I wind up PB'ing on the chips 30 minutes after eating them. lol. I just want to encourage you to keep going, keep moving, keep posting. Even when there's a bad day...don't give up....just remember that tomorrow is another day, another chance. Love to you all!

Hi everyone!

Chrissy!! That is GREAT!! Congratulations!! 100 lbs gone! My goal is going to be to be below 200 lbs by my 1 year bandiversary on 1/26. Even with my current weight gain I think I can still do it.

Ladybandido- it is such a slippery slope, isn't it! But it's still something we can conquer.

Horsegirl, I laughed too after being done, it was just so gross! And since I really haven't been eating fast food in my car I had only the few napkins they'd thrown into the bag. It was all over my sweater and shirt. Super icky! Luckily it was just the clear stuff, ya know? LOL. Only here would I post this!!!!

So I haven't been exercising like I was since Thanksgiving. I brought my stuff today and am definitely going to the Y at lunch, since I have to stay really late today- I need that time out of the office! I am reading that carb cycling book and it's really good- and I haven't even gotten to the carb cycling part! He talks about committing to yourself an integrity- keeping promises you make with yourself and how your mind has to rule your body. It's good stuff and speaking to me - helping me get back into my groove. Still have sinus issues going on, not really getting better but not worse. So I just have to power through!

Everyone have a great day and just do it!

Nicki

Way to go Chrissylu!

Chrissylu, Woot! Woot! You have got to feel so awesome, both physically and mentally. Cheers to you! :-)

Also, Chrissylu, I keep forgetting to ask you ... What is the savory snack your nutritionist suggested? (You mentioned it about 20 posts ago!!)

Yes, Ladybandito...I do! Its been a great week! The snack is the easiest thing in the world! Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (I've also used aluminum foil). Take a couple of tablespoons of shredded parmesan cheese and pile onto the paper. Spread the cheese out a little so that they look like little Cookies. bake in the oven on 350 just long enough for the cheese to melt together and get little golden. Remove from the oven and let them cool. they are awesome! If you use the foil though, put a little butter or a lite coating of spray before the cheese so it doesnt stick to the foil. I've also added garlic & fresh ground black pepper on top, as well as a mixtures of other shredded cheeses. you could add italian seasoning or paprika...or whatever to change them up a bit. Be forewarned...they are addictive! :D

Thanks also Amica and JDI. oh...and JDI...you're not alone on the exercise. I haven't been to the gym in a month. However, I've got to tone up what's left! Gotta get back on the bandwagon and Just Do It Anyway!!! :) So let's set a goal together to get back in the habit of exercising regularly!

Just found this string and so glad I did. I am a Jan bandster. I was banded Jan 30, 2012. was hoping to be at goal at my first anniversary, but this has been a slow three weeks going back and forth on two pounds now. Been going to PT 3 x a week and doing the strength training everyday so I am hoping that I have been gaining more muscle for my hip problem. Had a cortisone shot this past Monday and feel quite a bit of relief from that. Off to the Ortho surgeon later this month to see about hip replacement. With 136 pounds gone I was hoping the problem would go away, but no luck. I am ready to fix this problem, lose my last 30 pounds and really enjoy life.

Played golf today for the first time images, so that was a plus.

Hope everyone is having a great December getting ready for the holidays and all of the additional challenges we have with that!

Welcome SueBee01. You've done an awesome job thus far! We're a pretty active group here and we're happy to have you on board. Just FYI we all try to weigh in and post on Mondays.

Welcome sue bee!! Never too late to join the wagon! 136 lbs, wow that is truly amazing, I was banded jan 30th also, and have lost 62 lbs so far...the last ten I have really bad to fight for! I an only imagine the fighting you have done to lose more than twice that!! Welcome to the group, once again! :)