Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

hey everyone...its been a busy weekend so I'm just now checking in. I've got a check-up tomorrow and I hope the scale is good to me. I haven't been so good on eating the right things this weekend...and I'm quite ashamed of myself. oh well....tomorrow is another day to start over!! :)

Meredith, I should have come to the Jersey Shore it's been many many years since I've been..I grew up in NJ and as a child went to Long Branch a many of summers! I remember when the haunted house burned down! didn't get a weight, MIL had a scale but no batteries..I figured it was a sign to just wait till I got home and exercised some of her food off.. lol

Chrissy and JDI - I got my husband to mention I'm watching what I ate..MIL was great about it..she even baked me a few things..but I couldn't resist her fish..yes it was fried! I love fish..weakness. but I think I did ok.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Now I'm in Atlanta on a work trip and today with 5 other co-workers tried to eat an early lunch and low and behold STUCK on chicken salad!! it was so hard to pretend all was well I just kindly said ..hmm, I need to find the restroom... hoping I could make it as I could feel it coming back up and fast with lots of gurgling.. then of course I couldn't eat right away once I returned. It was weird just saying to everyone 10 minutes b4..I'm hungry and then having everyone look at me like why are you not eating! Now to get through the next few days!

I'm so close Onderland, I can taste it. Tip toeing on 202 lbs. today. It's exciting knowing that I should be there within a few days, hopefully. Keeping my fingers crossed. Everyone is doing good - keep up the good work!!

Savannah, I remember that 202 on the scale! It gets really motivating when you get to onederland which will be any day now for you.

This week I'm at 170 (have stepped up the exercise this month) and I am over the moon! Psychologically I have a set-point in my head that makes breaking below 170 a challenge for me (I also had it at 190, but did it eventually after a rather long plateau so I know I will do this too!) Not sure what it is about those weights that makes me self-sabotage but I am finding it so much easier with the band to get back on track quickly instead of throwing in the towel. It is the reason I got the band in the first place ... I lost the same 30 pounds over and over before. My goal is around 130-145 so I'm thrilled with the progress so far.

Congrats to our new-job holders and to everyone for their victories both scale and non-scale. I love reading ALL of your posts!

Kymie, congrats on getting over the hump!! I'm just getting back in to groove too, first full day of tracking food was today, so nice to track food in the green zone. I'm not hungry, I'm not over full, I'm satisfied. Could I keep eating? Probably. Do I always eat the things I'm supposed to? No, but I always watch my Protein and fat intake especially, and I'm slowly beggining to realize, back to the basics of counting calories is really what will control my head hunger. Not saying I won't take a break now and then, but to get over this plateau I've been stuck at for the past few months, I'm finding it encouraging.

NJ2NC, welcome back girl! We have all been so busy this summer, and I'm really looking forward to fall, it makes me feel so motivated! The weather, the scenery, running around in a corn maze and not feeling like the "fat person"...love it!!!

Meredith, so glad to hear about your little "mistake" I'm so happy it gave you the confidence to rock your interview!

Chrissylu, hope the scale was good to you!!

Savannah!!! You're so close! Whether it is one or two pounds, honestly, you have already won. Look at how far you have come!! I'm so proud if you, and I'm sure you're gonna look HOT on Halloween!! I would like to be in onederland by Halloween!! I love having a goal to work towards.

Ladybandito, so good to hear from you! Sounds like you have been doing amazing, keep it up, you're not too far from your goal!!

As for me, I'm still slightly above 220 daily. I may dip below for a bit, but right back up I go. Honestly, one thing I know has been contributing to my plateau is alcohol. I have a fun loving family, and we get together a lot in the summer...I always say I'm gonna have one drink, but you know what happens when you have one...there go my inhibitions. Another reason I'm looking forward to the end of summer, lol. As I was saying before, I am back to counting calories, and day one went well. Even if I do have a drink, I'm going to limit it to once or twice a week and allow it only if I have room in the calorie count for it. I would like to keep it to once a week because of what alcohol does to your metabolism...its pretty much one of the worst things you can do for your metabolism....that being said, I'm gonna be trading the cocktails for Water more often. I guess ee all have our demons, and mine just do happens to be having a good time, lol. I'm planning on Leslie Sansones 5 miles tomorrow, wherever I can fit it in, and going riding too.

I'm so grateful for you guys, I love having you here, to talk about a plateau, and get me through it. I can talk to my family, but let's face it...they didn't understand me and my eating habits before...so they aren't going to now. They try, but no one gets it like you guys do :)

Although I've been stuck, pun intended, at the sane weight for a few months, maybe a loss of five lbs over the past three months, I've been getting more compliments then ever!! Someone at work even asked me if I ever eat!! I went shopping with my sister today and was able to just pick some things out, try them on, decided I loved them, and went on my way! Am I the only one here that used to buy clothes without trying them on, just so I could cry at home instead of in a dressing room?? On that depressing note, have a good night everyone I think this post is long enough!!!! :)))

OmG that really was lonnnnng!! Whoever gets to the end wins a prize! Lol!

Alcohol can certainly derail the losses ... Depending on whet drinks you are having. SkinnyGirl margaritas are really good, low cal, low carb and premixed .. And believe there are some other flavors by SinnyGirl too. My rule is 1 drink, 2 full glasses of Water, another drink, 2 more glasses of water. It would probably be better to forgo the alcohol altogether, but hey, it's nice sometimes,

As for trying on clothes, I'm still taking them home to try .. But that's getting a lot trickier now!:-)

Hi everyone! Nice to see lots of posts :).

NJ2NC- I love fried fish too. Glad DH stuck up for you and mil was good! That's the thing about the band- you can eat what you want but you always have the ability to get back to basics! I hear you about the stuck- I have only been once with a friend who knows I'm banded- I headed to the bathroom but getting up and moving around helped and it passed.

Chrissy- good luck on the check up- and don't feel ashamed! That doesn't help- like you said, back on the bandwagon. You can always go back!

Savannah! 202!! Girl, that is awesome! You'll be in Onederland in no time! You'll be my inspiration!!

Ladybandido- I do that to myself- I haven't been below 185 or so in a zillion years, so that is going to be my weight I stress over....you're doing awesome!

Horsegirl- I read it all, LOL! I don't drink, so I don't have to worry about that- but my nemesis is ice cream- so I decided I can have it on Sunday. No other days, but Sunday I can. And I have been, for sure :). I like lady bandido's idea about the drink/water/drink... And I definitely did the buy clothes without trying them on thing. Not now, though, some stuff I thought would fit is too big! LOL, nice problem to have.

Well, still stressing about things. Sigh. But I'm dealing. LOL

Nicki

Hi everyone! Wow, I have to remember all I've read so I can comment here.

Looks like we're all winding down now that summer is slowly coming to an end. I'm not ready yet to say good bye despite the high temps we've had part of the time but I just love being out in my backyard, where I am right now listening to the wonderful sounds of crickets chirping.

Nicki: I just got a call today for a second interview for next Wed as the HR manager is out this week. The Prac Admin was not able to make the last interview so I guess I'm in the running! I hope so.

NJ2NC: I live right on the border of Long Branch in Oceanport. Growing up, we lived in Union County. My dad use to by pass LB and we would go to Asbury Park and Pt Pleasant for most of our shore experiences. I've worked in LB for years and all the natives would tell me about the Haunted Mansion and the fire at the pier. It's all grown up now and is beautiful.

Savannah2: kudo's to you on getting to onderland. Drink Protein Drinks the next few days and you'll get there! Good luck. It's a great feeling.

Ladybandito: I too like your idea of one drink, 2 glasses of Water. I have to say since the band I have really lost my zest for drinking. Summer time I usually have crystal light lemonade and vodka while in the pool but didn't do it too often this summer. Just had 2 glasses of red wine while making dinner and it was nice. I get the darn munchies when I drink so that's another reason why I'm happy I'm not really into it any longer.

Chrissylu: we're all waiting to hear how you did at the doctor's or did I miss that? I'll have to scroll back up later.

Horesgirl: You've done well too under the circumstances of summer, family and having fun. We can't all be saints 100% of the time. As long as we're not going up on the scale and just plateauing, I think we're doing great. Afterall, we've all lost a nice chunk of weight being in our 7th month PO.

I guess I was the only one hear who use to go into the dressing room trying on clothes before WLS and just walked out discouraged. Never felt like bringing them home, trying them on then having to take them back. Either way it was a lose-lose situation and not lose, in a good way, if you understand. Now, I still go in and try not to look at my sagging thighs{they're not too bad I must say} and just put the slacks on. I now look good in clothes as compared to before not looking good in or out of them! That's a win for me! :-)

Going off for our annual trek to LBI {Long Beach Island, South Jersey} for the day tomorrow. My brother, his family and 3 other families rent a big house down there for the week. My 2 sister's & I go and have fun with the whole gang. I won't feel self conscience in my bathing suit this time and can't wait to take pictures with the kids. Something I didn't like to do before this but did it anyway.

Wish me luck on this job interview next week. Looks like a great place to work, 10 minutes from my house and something I love to do. I've been home for 2 years not finding anything out there so hopefully, this is it!

I think Horsegirl and I have something in common. Longgggggggg posts! Sorry guys. Oh well, it keeps me from putting something in my mouth to chew on! LOL

Oh my goodness peeps! It has been a crazy few days! I unexpectedly started a new job Fridaybut I couldn't say anything until now. I am with the same company (t.v. station) and I swtiched from being the local sales coordinator to the national sales coordinator. The previous national person resigned and I was asked...well was basically moved as I didn't have much choice in the matter...into that position. It is crazy busy and I have a lot of "straightening out" of things. Thank God I was on liquids today because I didn't have time to eat! LOL. Doctor appointment was fine. I'm holding at 78lbs! I expect (hope anyway) to break out of that while I'm on liquids/mushies. He did just a tiny fill because I have been able to eat a full cup of food. I'm at 6.3cc in a 10cc band. I also haven't done well at logging my food the past few days. I'm trying to regain that control. Schedule has been so nuts, I haven't been able to exercise and I feel it. I hate that its dark again so early in the morning. I enjoy walking my neighborhood while its quiet.

Meredith...good luck on the job interview...I'll say a prayer for you.

JDI...congrats on the new gig, if I haven't said so already. And work that stress out! But...as long as you're not stress eating...then you're ahead of the game anyway.

Horsegirl...hang in there and take it one day at a time. You're doing great!

I know I've missed something or someone, so I apologize. Wanted to check in before I Iron for tomorrow. "from morning til the setting sun, a woman's work is never done. "

oh lookie...I made a long post too! LOL.

LOL, all my posts are long!!

Meredith- My dad grew up going to the Jersey Shore, he is from Ridgewood. Still have family there- in Vernon, I think. Good luck on the second interview!!

Chrissy! Congrats! Or is it congrats? LOL. Sounds like a cool job! And congrats on the doctor's visit.

I still haven't done the blood draw to check my labs. I HATE getting my blood drawn. But I want to see if the numbers are better, so I guess I'd better get it done. My next appointment is beginning of September, so if I get the labs done they can give me the results then. The GOOD results, LOL. I broke my kinda plateau- last week I'd only lost .5 lbs, this week I'm down 2.5 to 208.5. My goal is 207 by the end of the month, I may make that. That would put me to half way to my goal. I have not seen this number in over 7 years. Oh my heck, I'm so happy! Been good with the exercise- since I'm lame duck here in my job I've been going to the Y during my lunch break and doing the elliptical, and I did a zumba class too. I'm not going today as my hips are killing me from the elliptical- I will do something tonight.

still stressing about the job thing, but it's better than no job and I will deal!!! Definitely have my resume out there now, though.

Nicki

ps see, I told you all my posts were long!

Thanks Nicki! Yeah...it will be good. Its just a really busy time right now. I've not been able to exercise, but thanks to my slight fill on Monday and 2 days of liquids, I finally hit the 80lb mark! yay! However, I was only able to eat about a 1/4 cup of my fave tuna salad. I'm PRAYING that I'm retaining Water or something that is tightening my band...and that the tuna salad thing will not be forever. Its my fall-back food! So, instead i'm eating some cheese and will have another Protein Shake later. Hopefully that will keep me from diving into the cake they're bringing for the girl who I am replacing. wish me luck! :blink:

Hi everyone! I'm Melissa, married mom of 2 boys. I was banded on January 17, 2012. My starting weight was 380. With the pre-op diet and the band, I am 316 this morning! I have been a lurker since day one of my surgery. I love this site. So many of you inspire me to do better! Just wanted to introduce myself! Thanks for the posts of issues and inspirations! Hope to be in the 200's soon!!! ;)