Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

You do what is best for you!! And do still post, we can help- sometimes just the venting helps!!!!

Yes, Nicole.. Keep us posted on how it goes; I'm sure you'll do fine. Watch it with the water/food combination though... Could make you vomit and you don't want that!

Nicki, I really like your one day "off" thing. I am thinking about getting a fill sooner if possible, just so dang afraid of being too tight. Right now I can eat just about anything except dry chicken if I take small enough bites, go slow, and chew. :-)

Hello ladies!!!

JDI-hang in there girl, the changes your hubs is seeing may be threatening him. I think the best way to deal with it is be straight with him. Tell him what you told us, and how it makes you feel.

Nicole- I think that isn't the best idea, but only YOU know what is best for you right now. My advice to you, is if you want to take some time off, make it easy to keep track without keeping track...for example, if you know your calorie allowance for the day, maybe plan some meal combos that you know will fit within that number....I guess what I am suggesting is you plan for your break...which may be beyond your desires at this point. I'm OCD, so logging my food, and admittedly obsessing at times is enjoyable for me, lol. I did take about a month or two off previous to being so loyal to my tracking...and I figured, the amounts I was eating weren't much anymore....well I was wrong....the scale didn't move and I was frustrated. I started tracking food again, and to my surprise, broke through my plateau at 224-226 and am now at 214, in a matter of just a few weeks of dedicated tracking. If you are okay with staying at your current weight for a month, while you kind of take a breather, I think you'll be okay....just as long as you don't promise yourself you never have to track again--I personally feel like I will have to track forever, as long as I am losing anyway...and I'm okay with that, it gets the job done.

As for me, I am finally at my lowest weight since starting this journey! 214.2 to be exact, and hoping for another drop next time I weigh in. I hope to be in onederland soon!!! As I continue on, I have realized I have a different mindset lately. When I used to track my food, pre band, I really had a hard time bc I was HUNGRY! Now, I find myself really thinking about what I am going to eat, and trying to make the best decision, bc it may not be what I want to eat at the time, I will eat it, be full, and move on with my life. I have also been very successful in stopping myself from eating things that taste good, and even fit into my daily calorie intake--but are not good for my body. When I go to eat something now, my first thought is Protein, does this have a good amount of Protein? If not, does it have nutritional value? It is getting easier and easier to make the right decisions, although I do give in a few times a week, the nutritional value of my meals has really gotten much better. I haven't had a fill since my last one, I believe in April or May....and I haven't noticed a difference in my restriction. Still get stuck on the same things, still full for hours most of the time, still get stuck on the first bite if I am too hungry and don't chew enough lol

Congrats to you Horsegirl! Almost there to onederland!

I'm at a little plateau. Been hanging at the same weight for a couple of weeks. Time to keep better track of what's going in my mouth again. Happy to say I haven't gained though.

My big, big goal is to get to 165 by the end of this month. Since I'm hovering at 172-174, that really isn't too many pounds.. 3 per week or so but I'm going to have to kick cardio to get there. This is a big psychological crossroads for me, probably why I've been hanging at the same weight for a while even though I had been on a downward trend for the last month.

I'm trying to check in more often here, cuz I need to keep in the loop with you guys.

Speaking of which, how is everyone doing??

Hi there everyone! Horsegirl- I too think that I will need to track if I want to lose- I'm too.....not accurate....with my calorie counts otherwise, LOL.

Lady Bandido- yes, I think I will have a psychological moment around 184- that was the lowest I've been in 20 years, and that was about 8 years ago now. So we'll see! Give it some extra workouts and you'll bust through that plateau for sure and make your goal! It's always better for me to have goals to get to, then I have something to work towards.

As for me- I'm trying to decide if I'm too tight. I had my first bad stuck episode at work yesterday, and they don't know I"m banded- and at my new job the potty is RIGHT THERE. But I hid it pretty well, I got stuck on a chicken wing- didn't chew, ate while talking, too big a bite, you know the drill. Then went out to dinner with the fam and didn't get stuck but felt like I was going to so didn't eat much, then last night ate a couple bites of quesadilla and got stuck again, not as bad. So I'm HUNGRY now- but WID was good, down about 4.5 lbs to 202.5!! Almost to Onederland, that's my goal for the end of the month.

So with all this PB'ing and...well, to be gross...tossing my Cookies, I worry about a band slip. I know it's not coming from the lower stomach, it's coming from my pouch, so I'm not worried about ruining my teeth with the vomiting, but I know this can't be good. I think I just really need to be more mindful and as I lose more weight my band will loosen a smidge. I can keep things down, it's not like everything comes back up, but it's almost every day I'm having an episode since my fill a week ago. I guess I haven't learned how to eat with a much tighter band!

Nicki

Nicki, I've had one or 2 bad stuck episodes (not in long time tho) and whenever I had one I would go to really soft foods for about 24 hours after because the band seemed irritated and almost everything afterward would get a bit kinked up. You might want to try that too, give the band a little rest and you'll do lots better without an unfill. So great on the losses! WooHoo onderland! Godspeed!

LadyBandito-Thanks!! Sounds like you are right on track to meeting your goal

Nicki- it really does sound like you're too tight...even the smallest unfill may give you relief...happy medium, more is not more! I had a real bad cas of motion sickness on Monday, and ended up vomiting...not a PB....VOMIT. The only fashioned way. I was so afraid it would hurt....the only difference I noticed was, more dry heaves before the actual event, when before it probably would have been done and over with. Sorry for the graphics, but we all knew it had to happen sometime! At least we know it doesnt hurt now! I stayed on soft foods for the rest of the day, and the next day around noon, felt like having waffles, which went down, slowly, but no slower than other times.

Yes, well now we know, Horsegirl, and truly, thanks for sharing that cuz I did wonder...

Hope everyone is having a great weekend..

Girls, are you not posting because you're off-track ... Or because you're doing so well you don't need our group anymore? LOL, either way, stop in for an update!!

Or, oh no, I just thought of this, is it because I just started posting regularly?? I hope not! I need you guys!

Hi gals,

I don't have time on this gorgeous pre-fall morning to write a novel, :-) but just want to say hello, I'm still here. Have a seafood festival to attend and from there a mini HS class get together at a friend's home. Not to fear, not eating at the festival. Going for the craft fair they have every year. I love the unique things people make, sell for the fall and winter.

I started my new job Monday and this is my first time getting on LBT in a week! Didn't even look in and read any posts all week! So many changes, but good ones.

Wishing everyone from all corners of the world today a wonderful weekend and I'll be back before the weekend is up.

Hello Nicki, Nicole, Meredith, LadyBandito, Horsegirl and all who I may have missed! I'm sorry I've not been on all week to help support you all. I've not been this busy at work in a LONG time and it doesn't seem to be letting up.That's okay...makes the workday go by faster ;) but it keeps me from checking in with you guys. I've skimmed back over a few posts and just wanted to comment on a few things. First...Nicole, I'm sorry I missed (somehow) you entering Onederland....I'm so excited for you! And your profile pic looks great! Nicki (t least I think it was you), I understand about the husband thing. A few years ago, when i lost weight on WW, my hubby and went through a rough period. I don't think that it was jealousy, as much as it was him having to get used to a more confident, fight-for-myself ME. This time around, he's way more supportive and appreciative...and its great. We are praying for release from that attitude and for compassion and understanding and support to take its place. :) Meredith...how was the seafood festival?? I would HAVE to eat something at that...love seafood. LOL. Ladybandito and Horsegirl (and everyone really)...thanks for your posts of support. Even when they are for someone else, I think they help us all.

I had a rough week last week. I've been so busy, I haven't been logging food everyday. I have been back at the gym, so that's good. Weight was going up and down but good news...this morning the scale told me I'm back to 84 lbs gone! Yay! I hope I'm over that yo-yoing plateau. Well...its going to be a beautiful Sunday that the Lord has given us. I must go to choir practice now. Today is National Back to Church Sunday...so if you're not in one regularly, I invite you to seek one out in your area this morning and make a visit. :) I don't know what I'd have done on this journey without God guiding me...and leading me to my new WLS friends. God bless you all!

Hi All!

Seems like we're all getting back on here but where is NJ2NC been? Missing you and hoping all is ok with you.

Chrissy, great words of wisdom {given to Nicki} and for anyone out there dealing with other loved one's feelings towards our new confidence.

I did go to the seafood festival with a 23oz bottle of Water and that's all I had! The lines were too long, no place to sit if I did get something. I knew my HS friend was having Italian food catered and chose to wait and eat there. Glad I did. I really went for the crafts fair which I love.

So, my first week back at a full time job after being out of work for two years was great. I decided not to do any exercise this week so I could just focus on getting back into a daily routine. Not sure if I'll get up an hour earlier or work out after work but that'll be something I'll decide on this week. Sitting at a desk for 8 hrs and not getting much action on my FitBit is not a good thing. :-) The last thing I need is to get that darn spread back after losing so much in the derriere dept!

I'm starting to go back to my old ways of eating at night, anything and everything, chips, Cookies, and need to stop!!! In the beginning, it was a treat but now it's become an every night affair. What is it with that night time eating? AND I'm not even hungry when I start it! Ugh! Fortunately, I'm still at the same weight give or take a pound but always seem to come back to 185. However, I do not like this horrible habit and need to get a grip!!!

Ok, that's all I have to say for now. Wishing everyone a wonderful Sunday. It's gorgeous here in NJ as well. Can't let my weekends slip away now that I don't have my week days to fall back on. :-)

Good to hear from you Meredith and Crissylu. I guess we're all just enjoying the mild weather again (I bet this thread picks up again during the winter!) I've got absolutely no news, just wanted to catch up on y'all and post a "hello" since I've been asking everyone else to post! :P

Hi everyone! So, it's Pasta that I just cannot do. No matter how much I chew it. Nope, not gonna happen. No loss, not a huge fan anyways. I had my ice cream cheat yesterday and it wasn't as BIG as last week, I don't feel sick still this morning from it, LOL. But I'll tell you what, I really look forward to it- perhaps too much, but for now it's okay. I am also really addicted to Moe's nachos- but I log them and own it, LOL. I'm not sure I"m going to hang onto the big loss from last week, I may bounce up a couple lbs, but that's okay, wasn't sure that was a "real" loss anyways. Had a rough week with exercising last week with my car in the shop but back in the saddle this week, though I have a client visit on Wednesday that will interfere. Oh well, life happens and if I can't be flexible then I won't be successful. We went to bugfest on Saturday, it's an annual event the natural history museum puts on. Lots of walking and looking at bug stuff. Kids loved it!

Meredith- congratulations on surviving your first week back to work! It's an adjustment, for sure! You'll figure out the exercise thing. Good for you on the eating well- though I"m with Chrissy, I would have waited in line for seafood, I LOVE it! It just goes to show how much I wanted this surgery- I heard that a lot of people can't eat shrimp after they're at restriction, and shrimp are my most favorite food in the whole world, and I still had lbs!! LOL, luckily, I can still eat shrimp :).

Chrissy- I appreciate your thoughts and prayers. Not sure what's going to happen, I think you're right about me standing up for myself more than he's used to! It's nice to be busy at work, for sure.

Ladybandido- I like a busy thread too, I know it's not easy to just post here, not like life doesn't happen, LOL. But I sure count on others in this journey, so I appreciate your posts!!

Everyone have a great day, and do the best you can today!!

Nicki

Hi everyone....where is everyone??? Kymie? Otaknam? Mags? Hopefully everyone is just living their lives and being successful!

As for me- up 2.5 lbs, but I expected it because I showed such a huge loss last week, almost 5 lbs, I was pretty sure that wasn't going to stick. But still down a pound a week. Also, I think I"m pms-ing a bit too, hard to tell as I use the Mirena for b/c, but some months are worse than others.

A lot of eating going on in the office this week, I will be diligent!

Hope all is going well with everyone, have a great day!

Nicki

Trying to adjust to my new schedule. Been working out but pounds are coming off. They're not going up, but they're not coming off either. Weird. I may have to do a liquid diet to jumpstart things again. I uploaded a new pic to my gallery. :)