Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

OK here is today's post. I jumped on the scale on Friday morning and I was 198.9 finally in Onelander!! Although it is a 3 day weekend I do not feel it will last, but I will take the NSV!!! Work was stressful and it was hard not to eat bad food, but I did pretty good this week! I logged everything and exercised 3 days this week.

So I have caught up on everyones posts!!

Melissa welcome!! You have done amazing 380 to 316!! That is huge!!! What have you been doing to track everything and what is your exercise routine?

Meredith congrats on the 14!! Even if they are a tad tight still wear them they will encourage you to want to make them loose!!. Also I am just like you with shopping!! I go in with huge arm fulls of clothes and leave with nothing and totally discouraged!!! It has gotten better since I have lost the weight even if something does not fit, I get excited stating maybe next time, in the past I could never have said that!!

as for the getting dressed to exercise and not getting the motivation to do it, put on really loud music and start dancing, then you will have the endorphin's needed to get motivated!!! Oh and congrats on the new Job too!!!

Kymie I am happy for you being able to eat slowly and feeling good about what you are eating. I was wondering do you still feel hungry though??

NJ2NC congrats on Onderland!!! keep up the good work!

Nicki you are so lucky to be able to work out at lunch time!! I love the eliptical!! If you increase the resistance it will help with the strength training part, but you will have a hard time at first getting the amount of time complete due to it being really hard!! I am up to resistance level 6 and it kicks my butt and I can do it for about 35 minutes. I tried level 7 and I could barely do 25 minutes.

Chrissy congrats on the new job and the size 14!! As for the feeling ashamed for eating bad food, we all have to remember that skinny people eat junk food too! We should feel bad if we binge, but remember that the band will help us not over eat and forgive ourselves.

Savannah you are doing the same tiptoeing around onelander like I am I got to see the scale below 200 for one day and it has encouraged me to keep working at it!

Ladybandito- we all self sabatage, we have done it all our lives, that is how we got to the high weights, the nice thing is the band keeps us from going so overboard like we did before. I have learned over the last few weeks, that it feels bad in the moment but i Just need to get over it and start fresh each day. Good luck!!

Horsegirl I agree the compliments are the best NSV!!

OK all of you who have hit your greenzone or sweetspot I am so jealous!! I have my next fill on 9/18 and I want my sweetspot!! still can eat just about anything and still feel hungry, but try to ignore it or drink more Water. Well congrats to you all and I have you to look up to!!

TTYL

Nicole1- kudos to you for hitting 198 and Onederland. Did you take a picture of the scale? ?? Hope you're still there by tomorrow morning after the holiday weekend. If not, it's ok too, because you sound like you're back on track. Glad to hear you had a good cry. Sounds like your counselor knows what he/she are doing. Depression sucks! Both hubby & I have it.

And thank you for reminding me to put on my exercise music on my Ipod to get the endorphins going. It does work! I sometimes get online here and go from website to website and just get too lazy to do anything. A trait that I abhor in myself but know it to be true. I'm someone who needs structure. I get more done with it. When no structure I am a slug, if you will. Although I haven't gotten the go ahead with the new job due to waiting for drug test and background check which I should hear this week, I know when I get back to work, I'll get more done here at home then I did when I didn't work! Duh!!!

Glad that it's a new month, new things happening and getting back on track with eating better. No more Newton's fruit thin Cookies for me at night. Ate the last of them Saturday night. Took a nice two month hiatus from basically working out, poor eating habits, journaling food and moods daily. I must say, for not behaving I basically stayed the same, give or take a pound or so. That would've never happened before lapband. I would've put on a good 10-15lbs in that short amount of time, trust me.

Got back into working out again, today and plan on doing it 3-4 times a week. Need to break through this 2 month plateau of being 185 and taking it down a few notches. I am back in the saddle, so to speak and ready to lose the last 20lbs or so.

Hope everyone is enjoying the last day of their {unofficial} summer. Very gray and dismal here at the Jersey shore.

Hi everyone. I am just kind of blah today. Had an okay weekend, but had 3 big bowls of ice cream on Sunday instead of 2- because I was frustratred with DH. It's okay, I logged it and owned it, and only did it on Sunday- but I looked at my weight journal and only lost 4 lbs all of August- even with being pretty consistant with exercise. Obviously it's the food...

And on that note, I have a fill today. DH asked me why I'd have a fill since I have had pretty "good" pb episodes a couple times a week. But it's been with really dry chicken- so obviously I can't eat really dry chicken any more! Also, stress tends to tighten me up and it's been pretty tense at my house, so that's probably part of it.

DH has been a real a$$- he accuses me of being "obsessed" with weight loss and logging and exercising. He's the reason why I HAVE to pretty much squeeze in exercise at lunch because he gets mad if I exercise on "family" time. I'm getting pretty frustrated. I think I"m worth a little time too. He gets his walk in- HIS is important. I'm just really frustrated and mad and - pissed off, truthfully. I finally am on track and being successful and he's trying to sabotage me, I feel. I said that to him too and he denies it of course.

Grrr, so sorry to vent! I just know you guys will listen, LOL.

Nicole- awesome seeing a 1 on the scale! Even if it doesn't totally stick this time it will in a couple weeks! I'm glad you had a good cry and are feeling better. Thanks for the advice on the elliptical- I have been doing the varied "weight loss" program that's in it. It does change the resistance and it is HARD, LOL!

Chrissy- you're an awesome shopper, and yay on the sizes, I would totally bet you'll see size 12, no problem!

Meredith- I am the same way with sitting around and being lazier than I want- though I have noticed for me the more weight I lose the less lazy I am, I guess I have a little more energy than before.

Horsegirl, Otaknam, NJ2NC, Mags (haven't seen you in forever)- Lady Bandido, etc- post! What's going on with all of you?!?

Nicki

Nicki,

Sorry to hear you had a tough weekend. Perhaps you're DH is feeling threatened seeing you losing weight, feeling & looking much better, more confidence and perhaps he is afraid he might lose you. And some people just don't like change, no matter what it is. Hopefully, things will get better. It's not easy balancing a home, work and family life and making everyone happy. It sounds like you're doing your best but we can't forget that we need to take care of ourselves as well. Good luck. Hope things get better for you and DH.

Well, as promised I started back yesterday journaling, working out and now plan on busting through this 2 month plateau and getting below 185. I will do it!!!

Hi all!! I did get a fill- my doctor won't tell me how much he gives, but the PA does, and my next appt is with her. I kind of "complained" to my doc that I'd only lost 4 lbs in August. He said, "4 lbs is doing really well. The 10 lbs a month you've been losing is not usual." I said, "so stop complaining?" and he kind of laughed and said yah. LOL. So it's slowed, but it's still going. I lost .5 lbs last week. It's just frustrating because I'm 7 lbs away from Onederland, and it's my goal to be out of Twoderville by the end of the month! We'll see.

This fill- I am tight this morning! Of course liquids and yogurt yesterday. This morning's shake took a lot longer to go down and was more gurgleing going down. I have mashed potatoes and canned chicken for lunch, we'll see how that goes down. I don't think I'm too tight, but we'll see.

Meredith- I've had that discussion with DH- that he's upset about me being successful and looking good, he denies it. We're under a WHOLE bunch of stress- he's on disability- short term, now if it goes to long term his company will make him file for social security disability, a lot of financial stress, etc. So it's everything all together, and he's not good at handling it at the best of times, let alone the worst, LOL.

Oh well. Working out today, burn some calories and some frustration! I did get some new earphones that hopefully will stay in when my ears get sweaty, LOL.

Everyone have a great day!

Nicki

Yay, it's the Nicki Show! LOL

This fill is pretty tight. I kind of forgot that I'd need to take it slow and relearn how to eat after a fill. I had a small stuck episode last night at dinner, but I was taking bigger bites. I'll see how today goes. I can definitely drink and get things down.

Workout at the Y today, I upped the resistance (thanks Nicole!) and got even more sweaty, LOL.

IT's a journey, right???

Nicki

OK people, post!!! I need you too!!!!

Hi everyone!! What a crazy week! With this new gig, I am busy every minute of the day, working overtime (yay) and truly exhausted at the end of the day. I haven't even had a chance to really post until now. I've had an okay week this week...I guess. I have eaten some things I shouldn't have, but I also started back to the gym yesterday and today. I blame the bad eats on TTOTM...and also because of that, I'm still hovering at 83 pounds...but I'll take it! :D I'm going out on a limb to say that I am green zoned at 6.6cc (i think). I cannot eat a full cup of food. If I do, I feel like my stomach is going to rip. No food in the morning...I'm doing shakes for Breakfast every day and even at lunch I eat very soft food like soft cheese or a tuna salad pouch (meredith...I have to be very careful with these now. :wacko: ) I'm so proud of all you and what you've accomplished. Not just the weight loss, but dealing with stress, attitudes, depression, getting back on the exercise wheel. I've been dealing with all of that too...just haven't had a chance to share. I'm keeping you all in my prayers. Much love, C

Hey Gals,

Chrissy, I think it's called life, fortunately and unfortunately.:-) Sorry to hear about your favortie go-to food, our friend, tuna salad. I know how you feel about it. Have you tried Smart Ones Santa Fe Rice & Beans? That's my go-to food when nothing else goes down. I love them!

Well, I finally broke the plateau and am down to 184.2 from 185. Hey, don't laugh, I'm going to take it! It was great seeing another number whether it was 184 or 186 because all I've been seeing is 185 for 2 months! Hopefully by tomorrow I'll have lost the 2oz and make it a true pound lost. LOL

Well, I finally have great news. I got the job I had interviewed for and I start Monday. I now have to change my eating schedule since I've had the luxury being home {2 years} and eating late in the morning when my stomach allows me. I think I'll be doing the Protein Drink in the mornings like some of the rest of you.

So, I had what I call an NSV today. I had to run to the mall and pay a bill and walked past Auntie Anne's soft cinnamon and sugar pretzels. I don't go to the mall much but when I do, I would hit Auntie Anne's and buy a few bags of those deliciously warm, tasty comfort foods, ok, you all get the idea. I past it twice, on my way back I almost tried to justify why I should have one bag, to Celebrate my job, duh? No way, I pushed that out of my mind, passed it by and said thanks but no thanks! That was worse then passing by a fast food place for me. BUT I was strong and won!

Niki men are just a pain. They are unhappy when you're over weight then their unhappy that you're looking good. You can't win. And as for wanting your attention they get upset when you interrupt their game or show or what ever they are doing when all you want is adult conversation! But you do you're own thing and they complain you're not spending enough time with them! We just can't win!!! They want us, they don't want us!

As for the slow weigh loss my doctor keeps reminding me it is normal. The less you need to loose the slower you loose it. Which really sucks. It kind of feels like we got all pumped up and excited then it feels like you've been let down from all the hype. It was like getting excited about a parade, watching it then when it is over you feel blah.

I'm glad the increase resistance helped you have motivated me to go e en higher on mine this weekend!! The highest 30 min of elliptical was a level 6. Maybe I'll try 30 min of 7 tomorrow!

Chrissy you sound like me this week!! It was my 1st week back at school with kids and it was crazy busy!! I still logged most days and went to my circuit class twice this week. But I also spent a night feeling sorry for myself.

I'll talk again tomorrow!!

Well I did nothing today. I did do dished & laundry. But I didn't workout or log my food or even care what I ate, which wasn't good. I don't know, I kind of think that while my life is so stressful I should stop putting so much pressure on myself. I am thinking of taking a break from the constant work of trying to loose weight. It has been 8 months and a lot of exhausting work. I've done great but I think I need to just feel normal for awhile. Just a thought not a final decision yet. What do you guys think?

I think that isn't the best idea...but will support whatever you decide. Here's my thoughts...how good did u feel about yourself before wls? Probably not that great, hence the surgery. Life is ALWAYS going to have stress in it. ALWAYS. You will be better able to cope if you're healthy and feel better about yourself. Don't think of it as another stress. Think of it as something for YOU. Something that will make you feel better. You made a big decision when you got lapband surgery. Don't forget the reasons why you did it in the first place. I know its not easy, but imvho its sooo worth it. Why are you feeling this way? What happened?

Hi Nicki, Meredith, CrissyLu and Nicole!

Nicki, I am so glad you post regularly and I'm sorry I'm so spotty at it!

Sounds like we're all having a few challenges which is to be expected after 8 months in the game, don't you think?! We're still all here and checking in, so we're in it for the long haul and not just the short term fix like so many "diets" in the past.

To that end, Nicole, I differ from Nicki and think if you want a little break from trying so hard you should allow yourself that break -- for a set amount of time -- say the weekend or one week or the month of September. No exercise, moderate calorie counting, a splurge (ice cream?) or the like.

The way I see it, the band is for life and so it has to be "doable" and not like a punishing diet. The losses may come slower, but they will still come if you limit your time "off." At least you won't be able to do a lot of damage in a short period of time, because you will still have to stick with what the band allows, right?

We do need to keep in mind, though, that the majority of band loss comes within the first 2 years!

Hubby/loved one issues were bound to come up sooner or later in this thread! I agree with Meredith that the hubster may be feeling a little threatened by his wife's weight loss! Unfortunately fear can come across as angry or non-supportive instead of the need for reassurance that it sometimes is. Maybe some extra special attention could be directed his way? We're all getting noticed and our efforts applauded, maybe he feels a little left out. It's really very common.

I don't have another fill scheduled until the end of this month, but I'm thinking of postponing it until the end of October because my husband and I are going on vacation beginning of Oct and I don't want to have any overfill issues while we are out of state. But I really think I could use a little fill as my hunger pops up every couple hours or so, quicker than before. I will just have to work with that best I can for the next two months. Wow, that looks like a long time when you see it in print!

I've been eating well, walking regularly, and feel good. Although..... I had two ice creams today (a Klondike AND a Ben & Jerry's Brownie Bar!!???!!) but I never, ever do that (even prior to the band) so hey, I done did it and don't plan to again any time soon, so what the heck. It's OK! Moving on to tomorrow...

Speaking of which, time to hit the hay. Rambled a bit here, but thinking of all of you and sending rousing cheers and support your way! Xx

Hi everyone, glad to see posts! Nicole- I didn't mean you should be hard on yourself, just not take a total break. Like for me, I have 1 day a week that I totally "cheat" on- for me that means lots of ice cream. Lots. So I do it once a week instead of every day like it was, and it's easier to stick with it during the week. I don't beat myself up though if I have little slips during the week or don't exercise every day....I am learning to be good to myself.

Meredith- yay for you for passing by Auntie Ann's! I too would take any mall excursion as an excuse to indulge- pretzels, Orange Julius, etc. That is a HUGE nsv! Yep, you'll have to get into a routine with eating for sure- it is easy to do a Protein drink in the AM, especially now that I really am tighter in the morning! And it starts my day with a good boost of Protein.< /p>

Chrissy- good for you being super busy! I'm glad the job is going well. A few bad eats will not undo all the work we've done, and life will happen after all! Good for you getting back to the gym.

Lady Bandido- nice to see you! I think you're right, challenges for sure. Maybe you could schedule your fill earlier this month so if you have issues you can get it resolved before you go on vacation- if you feel like you're hungry and need it.

As for me, this last fill really has me tight! Not too tight, I think, I still drink just fine and eat if I'm really mindful- which I should be. I am taking way too big of bites, and not chewing enough, which had me stuck badly at a restaurant with the family on Friday night, and then badly stuck again yesterday at dinner. And I WAY overindulged in ice cream yesterday and still feel sick,didn't sleep well at all, feel sick to my stomach today. I can't workout at lunch today as my car is in the shop, so I can't get to the Y. Tomorrow our company is doing a walk for 9/11, a 5 k, so I'll get that in at least. So much stress, so many things to worry about- but I am still worth it, life is always going to have at least SOME stress, so I'm just going to suck it up and drive on, LOL.

Nicki

Hello and thank you for your thoughts and suggestions. I have been really stressed at work with all the changes due to buget cuts I have twice the work and I feel like I have no idea what I am doing a lot of the time and I have always been proud of myself for being able to think on my toes and figure stuff out. So it has been really hard. On top of that I am trying to time my Water intake, time my meals around my water, log my meals, remember to eat, get my kid to & from soccer, cook dinner, dealing with a dying dog (bladder & bowel issues & a lot of laundry) and still trying to find time to exercise. Last night I finished my last report at 9 pm there was no way I was going to workout. That is what my last 2 weeks have been like and to top it off I have been depressed & have to find time in my crazy schedule for counseling.

I am thinking of taking September off to get adjusted to my life. I will still watch what I eat, but not log it, eat when I want no matter how long it has been since I drank something (this often causes me not to eat because I forget to go back & eat after the 30 min then later I realize I'm starving), I will not feel guilty for not working out, but I will still go to my 2 classes (I already paid for them). I guess this will be like a test to see what it is like just to maintain my weight. Yes I was unhappy when I was over weight, but back then I was obese. Now I'm just 35lbs overweight and I have better control. I will still post too!!

As for the time of this post, I woke up with an anxiety attack about work and could not get back to sleep. So I might as well take the time to do a few things for me before the crazy day starts!!

Ttyl