Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

1200 max, depending on your workout. I eat more after an intense session with trainer or a class.

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

Hey Nicole- I ignore all my calories stuff on myfitnesspal, LOL. I stay between 1000-1200 on a good day.

Meredith- Yay, that sounds nice and refreshing!!! And a good visual too, LOL.

So I'm officially on a plateau, dang it. I am up 1/2 lb this morning to 217. That's okay (that's okay that's okay that's okay...). I am doing it right, I'm still going to be losing, this is just a blip and not indicative of my overall progress. Everyone has plateaus, I will get through it....can you tell I'm trying to convince myself!!!!

Sigh, it still sux.

NIcki

Oh Oh and I forgot to say I'm losing again! I waited too long to get another fill and it slowly crept up on me that I could eat more at a sitting! Watch out for that, I had restriction just not enough. That was a very grey thin line to cross. But I got the fill and I'm doing great and have relost the few pounds I gained and I'm back losing again! :D :D :D :D

So glad I got my band, and it's great to ssee that scale moving again.

JustDoIt - It will come. It's exactly like you said you will keep losing this is only temporary. You may be losing inches. Just keep focusing on that. And our bodies need those adjustment periods too. You will overcome this and begin losing again!

Nicki, I am going through the same thing...no loss in about a month! However, I cant say I've been doing wveything right. Had a 2 week vacation from the first two weeks in july, and while we didn't go anywhere, we got together as a family for eating drinking, beach going, sitting by the pool, etc. Not good, but i guess it could have been worse. I ended up doing as I usually have for the past month/month and a half....teetering between 222-224. I finally said, this is enough, and got on my elliptical a few times, focusing on eating when hungry, etc. I am down to 221 as of yesterday, and i just want to be under 220! I keep gaining and losing the same few lbs! I dont think I need a fill, because I still get stuck on some things, but it definitely has loosened up a bit, so it may just be time for one....i do feel like it is that gray line that you really have to pay attention to, or things could get out of hand without me realizing it. I went to Target yesterday and got the 5 mile walking dvd with Leslie....I know i have seen someone mention it here...so I figured I'd try it. Between my elliptical, the walking tape, riding, and going back to walking my dogs when the weather cools down in the fall, I should be able to finally get under 220! But it doesn't look like Savannahs bday goal of 217 will be met this time! That makes 2or 3 bday goals now that i havent met....ugh.

Horsegirl- don't beat yourself up- goals are for stretching to reach, sometimes we don't reach them. I didn't meet my Savannah goal (well, for tomorrow, but I'm not going to meet it), but that's okay. We're still successful and can make new goals!!!

Kymie, I like your new avatar! Very cheerful. And yay for you for losing again! It's a good feeling to head down the scale. I can't wait for my fill on Tuesday!!!!

Nicki

Good Morning Everyone! And Happy 6month Bandiversary to everyone! I say that today...because today is mine. I think tomorrow is JDI's...and Meredith's is this week also I believe. So to the bandiversaries over the past few weeks and the ones coming up...YAY US!!! I did not make my 80lb goal for Savannah's birthday with is tomorrow I think. However, in order to "celebrate" the bandiversary, I went by my doc's office for an official weigh-in this morning. Drum roll please......75lbs!! wow! You know, we all have those days where we get down when the scale doesn't move the way we want...or we eat something that maybe isn't the best choice. But, my friends, when I look back on all we have accomplished over the past six months...I am just overwhelmed! I truly thank God that He gave someone the knowledge and idea to create this tool for us! We are blessed beyond measure. :)

I'm sorry I'm not replying to individual posts this morning...but know that I read them. Today is my "cheerleader" day...I'm just going to encourage you all to just keep moving! You are headed toward a goal...and you are changing your life! We take it one day at a time, 1 pound ( or ounce if need be) at a time. You all are rock stars!!! I'm so proud of this group...and to be a part of it. Hugs and prayers for you all are being sent your way!

Oh...and I did find a workout program I like. Its on netflix and its a cardio/dance style workout. Its done in 10 minute increments...with the intensity growing with each 10-minute segment. Love it! I will find the name of it and post later.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

It's over!!! My plateau has ceased! I weighed in at 208 this morning. Maybe I needed a slump, bad eating the a butt kicking I got last week. Maybe my metabolism just need a kick start and mt bad eating did it. Whatever it was it worked! 9 lbs to onelander!!

I leave for a 5 day vacation in California with my really messed up family fingers crossed they don't drive me to binge! My goal will be to go for a walk when they become overwhelming.

Wish me luck!!

Hello everyone! Happy 6 month Bandaversary!!! We really have come far, we rock!

Chrissy- Thank you so much for the encouraging post. It helps to read that in black in white.

To everyone who is plateaued. I was teetering between a few pounds for 2 months, it was the most frustrating thing. Normally I would have given up and binged, but I perserved and that time passed and I am losing again and even though the scale wasn't moving, I was losing inches. Hang in there, you are doing it even if the scale doesn't say so.

So to try to accoplish my lofty goal, I have tried to workout 1.5 hours a day to 2 hours a day. I have also majorly watched what I have eaten and tracked everything to a T. My offical weigh in is later today after I go home and sleep after my night shift. I will post what it is. I so desperately want to get to 65lbs lost, which would have to be a 5lb loss this week, I am not holding my breathe but we can all dream, right?

Erica

Finally losing again! That fill was what I needed. Lost 2.6 pounds yesterday, I've lost 7 pounds since Monday when I got my fill. I know this is the honeymoon phase again, but I feel like I can do this. I encourage everyone to get those fills, that's what the band is for.

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

Hi everyone- Chrissy- 75 lbs gone!! Yay!! In 6 months!! That's HUGE!!! Congratulations!!

Nicole- glad the plateau has ceased- it gives me hope, LOL. That is a really good goal/coping strategy to go for a walk when things get crazy with the fam- good luck, have what fun YOU want to have- remember, we're in this for the long haul and there will always be stress!!!!!

Erica- thanks for the encouraging words regarding plateaus, I really need them. I am not binging, I am doing everything right, and it's going to break!! That is a LOT of working out, I look forward to seeing what your WID brings- whatever it is, you're doing awesome!!

Kymie- glad you're off your plateau too! I can't wait for my fill on Tuesday, I feel it might kick start me again. I agree- I've had fills every time since I started, as I havea 14 cc band and am feeling a smidge of restriction, but just not quite there yet!!! Hopefully I'll get to the ultimate green zone soon- I think I'm right on the edge of the yellow/green.

Got up at 5 am and did my Firm video- Meredith- they REALLY work the legs- thighs and hips area!!! Plus good cardio and overall toning. It kicks my butt, for sure, but I can see I'm getting better!! food in line, logging everything!!!

Have a good day everyone!!

Nicki

Hi Everyone and happy bandiversary to the latter Jan bandsters, including Horsegirl who is the 30th of this month. Glad to see most of us on here the past few days.

Goals, schmoals! We're doing great! Like Nicole {I think} suggested, instead of weight goals, how about behavior goals. Why set ourselves up for disappointment if we don't meet the weight goals? We're all doing great no matter what we're doing, what stress is in our lives, etc. It's still a learning game with all of us.

I agree with Chrissy, God bless whomever invented this tool. Again, it's not a panacea, but a tool to help us make better choices from here on in.

I've been on a plateau for a good month myself but I can only blame myself and not my body. Slacking off on exercise early in July, like others, due to heat, laziness, tomorrow's another day, munching on chips, etc, take your pick. BUT I'm back up in the saddle {for you Horsegirl} and back into tracking food, eating enough Protein, {have been losing a lot of my hair :-( } and working out. Still, with all the wrong choices I've made, I'm just up and a lb or two on any given day. That in itself is amazing!

Kymie: congrats on your fill and your major loss this week. Keep it up, or shall I say, down??? Continue to enjoy the honeymoon stage, and thereafter. :-)

Horsegirl: Love the LS 5 mile fat burning dvd. I have 3 different dvd's of hers and I have to say, when I first got it a good yr or so ago, I thought it would be a piece of cake! {I was once a roller skating nut going 10 miles a night 3-4 nights a week, back in the day} and then speed walking 4-5 miles on weekends on the Jersey Shore boards for years. DUH! Ok, I'm older and much heavier now, but her dvd gets you and your heart rate going! I now just use the 5 mile one and now, having lost lots of weight, and have my endurance, I enjoy throwing this into the mix of cardio workout dvds. I have to say, I think her dvd is the one thing that has contributed big time in shrinking my booty by a good 10 inches! I've used lots of different dvds however, her's is the best when it comes to walking. Oh yeah, plus the Firm like JDI has said. They really get your lower body burning too! Good luck with it.

Nicole!: enjoy your much needed vacay. Hopefully you'll have some time to step away from the family dynamic and take a walk by yourself. I have issues with my stepdaughter who is visiting for the summer from time to time and her dad, instead of going to the fridge as well as a drink or two, I now walk away to the bedroom, close the door and read a book for the time being. It's been working. Good luck.

Speaking of stepdaughter, she decided to sign up for a 3 week class with LA Boxing nearby. I take her and sit there and read while I wait for her. OMG, it' a heavy duty class of conditioning for a good 45 min and then either boxing, or doing martial arts for the next 15 minutes. The owners are trying to talk me into signing up but I'm still on the fence. Still think I'll wait until I meet my goal weight, get more endurance under my belt, and maybe, just maybe I'll take her boxing gloves and sign up in the winter months! Meantime, I'll get out my kickboxing dvds and practice!

Kymie- Awesome on 7lbs, you go girl!!

Nicki- Good job getting back on track. I might have to look up the firm videos everyone talks about, it sounds like a good work out.

Meredith- I think you should do the kickboxing, it sounds like fun. You would do great.

4lbs gone this week! Besides right after getting my band, this is the most I have lost in a week. I hope this is a sign of good things to come, on my way!

Just a little 'ditty' I found in the First magazine and thought I would share with my January bandsters.

'It's not cellulite, it's my body's way of saying I'm sexy --- In Braille'.

Meredith- that is funny!!! LOL I think you should do that kickboxing class! Why wait until you get to goal- this will help you get there and DEFINITELY increase your endurance!!!

Erica- Whoo hoo, 4 lbs down, that is super great! It's nice to progress.

I saw a better number on the scale this morning, we'll see if it stays. I am supposed to get blood work done for the 6 months check- I'm putting it off because I HATE to have blood taken. DH is driving me on Monday just in case I pass out, LOL. It will be interesting to see what my cholesterol, etc is. Still stressed out over various things, but I guess that's life, LOL.

Everyone have a great day!

Nicki