Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

Oh my goodness...I SO want to be on vacation somewhere. I'm so burned out right now. I did win a couple of passes to Holiday World in Santa Claus, Indiana. So I guess we're going to take a day and drive up for that in a couple of weeks. I miss the beach. Its been so long since we've been. Oh geez... I sound like a whiner right now. Ugh. Just discouraged I guess. I've still got 9 lbs to go before reaching Savannah's Birthday goal and its only about a week away. :( Somebody talk me down from the ledge. LOL.

Come on down, Chrissy- it's a goal, but you can always reassess. You have lost over 70 lbs in 6 months!!!!!!!

I might do the same as Savannah and go to liquids for a couple of days.

I was thinking maybe for Savannah's birthday goal we should not do a weight goal but a better habit goal or goals. So I am not going to focus on the pounds but on starting fresh with good habits (Niki thanks for the encouragement and support I dedicate these goals ro you and your positive attitude!)

1. I will log my food 6 out of 7 days, I know I am not perfect so I get one oops day

2. I will workout 4 days this week and increase to 5 days a week by Savannah's birthday

3. I will Check in with the January Bandsters at least 5 times a week even if it is just to say I'm still here.

So today I log everything including the chips I ate, I worked out today and have a free session at "Curves" scheduled for tomorrow and I posted here tonight!!

As for all of you who have been on these great vacations I want you to think about your vacations before LB and remember how you didn't put on just a few lbs. my last vacation was a cruise March 2011. I gained at least, if not more, 10 lbs and I did nothing to get it off after the cruise. I also binged out of depression for putting on the weight and gain after vacation guilt weight! So look at you now only a few lbs gained and a plan to loose it and you are not depressed!! Way to go!!!

Meredith congrated on the hefty bag donations I know how good that feels.

Hi everyone....I eked out a pound loss this past week. I do think stress is wreaking some havoc on me....oh well. Sweaty zumba class last night, with a little over a mile walk before class because I got to the Y early- not sure what I want to do exercise wise tonight, but it will be something.

Nicole- good idea about behavioral changes. I will think about what I still need to do and get back to you. Let me know what you think about your curves workout!

Savannah- good luck with your vacations! When I was at the beach this time with my parents, I just made sure I wasn't mindlessly snacking like I usually do, and I tried to get some exercise in at least a couple times while on vacation.

Kymie- math-wise how did you figure out the % of weight you lost? Math is not my strong suit, LOL.

Everyone, have a great day!!!

Nicki

Hi Gals, I'll get back to you all after I catch up on your recent posts.

I had a nice NSV moment today. We go off road jeep riding in the fall with about 100 others' up in the Catskills. I always admired other women wearing Columbia hiking shorts and convertible shorts/pants but could never get them in my size. Besides if I could get them in my size, they certainly wouldn't look good like the much thinner gals. :-(

I decided to go shopping in a normal store today and went to the Premium Outlets near by. I passed Lane Bryant and Dress Barn and never looked twice before heading to the Columbia store. Not only did I get two pr of khaki hiking shorts, $16@ on major sale, but also bought a pr of convertible hiking shorts/pants in size 16 khaki's which are still snug but know they'll fit by the end of Sept when we go to the Catskills. And, they were only $29.00 on sale. So, now that's my incentive to get my ass and my side hams in gear and get moving and thin them out some more. Those pants are not made to 'give' and look so much better with less meat on the thighs.

:-) Can't wait to wear them!

I'm terrible at math so have my fitness pal keep track for me. Try this. http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/calculate-weight-loss-percentage.html

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

Hello everyone!

I am back from a week at the beach and two week off work. I had a ball and over all didn't do terrible with my eating, I also worked out 4 days while at the beach. I only gained 2lbs over the two weeks of not really watching it and eating lots of ice cream :) I am ready to get back on track and lose some more weight. Kymie- I did the % thing you posted and it said 22.18%, I like the idea of that!

I love reading everyones posts. It really helps to see other people going through the same things as you.

Oh, speaking of those things. I came back to work and someone I work with asked me how much weight I had lost and how I did it. I had only told a few people, manly management about my band up to this point. I told her that I had lapband surgery and she said, "I already knew that!" She said everyone knows that. I asked her how she knew and she said someone mentioned it and it spread like wildfire. I am surprised no one had told me that everyone knew. I don't mind terribly that people know, but I really feel betrayed about the fact that someone blabbed. How would you all feel, do you think I am over reacting?

Thanks,

Erica

Hi there! Thanks Kymie- mine says a little over 23%!! Yay!! That's fun to see.

Erica- sounds like a lot of fun, 2 weeks off :) I haven't told anyone at work, but I too would feel a little betrayed- but you're probably going to just have to let it go. There's no way to figure out who blabbed, really, and it would make it a bigger deal. So just keep on being successful and you'll have the last laugh, LOL.

Meredith!! WTG on the Columbia shorts victory! That is awesome. I've started doing my The Firm dvd's- they do a LOT with the lower body/legs/thighs which I really need. I got me some hips, girl!! Anyways, it's really helping to sculpt that area for me.

Chrissy- how you doing?? Did you decide to do a couple days of liquids? That might be something I will consider in a couple days too, just to curb things a little. Want to keep moving downward!!!

Well, it's a pretty good day so far, food planned and logged into myfitnesspal. Not sure what exercise will be- yesterday I did 45 minutes of The Firm yesterday, maybe another one today- I have a bunch so I can mix it up. Maybe a pilates dvd....hmmm, I'll let all y'all know!!

Nicki

Erica...I would feel betrayed too. No one in management is supposed to reveal that kind of information about you to anyone. However, I agree with Nicki...I wouldn't make a big fuss about it as it will just blow up. Work it girl...and then be a model (a super model!) of why you did it. :)

Meredith...great NSV!!! I think I'm really close to a 16...or a 16W anyway. All my skirts and pants are too big. I don't know what I'm going to do! LOL.

Nicki...doing okay. Still haven't moved but I haven't gone up either. I'm doing more liquids and mushies than anything else. Today is a rest day from exercise...though I might decide to get out on my bike this evening. I just did not feel like getting out of bed for that 2 mile walk this morning. LOL. Plus...I think I'm somewhat constipated (I know...TMI)...so I feel like when things "get moving" there, I'll see a change in the scale.< /p>

Just trying to keep drinking Water and not get dehydrated...its so HOT and HUMID in Nashville! ugh! I'm not doing great with logging my food. I MUST get back into that habit. In fact...I'm going to do that now. Have a great day everyone!

Hello all!

I tried Curves. It was interesting. I wasn't sure if I was getting enough of a workout while doing it, but I hurt this morning so I would say it was good. It is all based on resistance and you determine how hard of a workout you get. I have a free week so I will try it a few more times to see if it is for me. I have logged all of my food so far this week and worked out 3 times and I have a class tonight. Ttyl!!

Nicki and Chrissy- Thanks for the advice. I think you all are right about letting it go. I like that I should be a "super model" for lap band :)

Nicki- Have fun with your video today, and I have some hips too ;)

Chrissy- I usually have a problem with Constipation too, I think it affects my weight loss also. Just keep up with that Water, We have had miserable heat and humidity in Kentucky also. Because of it, I have been trying to exercise in the pool, it is one of the ways to get the burn in without completely burning up, lol.

I am already down 1lb of the two I gained on vacation. I am 4 pounds away from being at the halfway point for my weight loss (65lbs of 130), I can't wait to get there. And not to toot my own horn, but if I look this good at 62lbs lost, I will be a super model at 130lbs gone, lol.

I hope everyone is doing good today!

Erica

Erica I had the same thing at work, someone blabbed. But now I find people really supportive to my face anyway. If they think anything negative who cares! I did this for me and my loved ones and they don't get to be on that list now.

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

Sounds like everyone is doing well as usual!

Erica, that's a bummer that somebody blabbed at work... I haven't told anyone except a relative at my workplace either, but I have a feeling some may know because no one ever asks me about my current eating habits and they always used to on every diet (many!) that I've been on. That's one of the reasons I didn't tell people, because I can't stand it when people ask for updates (how much have you lost? How much do plan to lose? Etc). It could be that they are just not that interested anymore, but either way, I've decided that I won't make it an issue anymore. Glad you're taking the "super-model" approach!

Kymie, thanks for the info link ... And Amica, for the recipe. Crissylu and JustDoIt, you guys are my role models and so inspirational! Nicole, congrats to you on some revved up positive attitude, you'll do great, and Meredith, great NSV.

Last time I posted I was having irritation when I swallowed food. I guess I was overreacting, because it went away after a couple of days eating soft foods and has been OK since. I went for my fill on Wednesday and even though I've only lost 4 pounds in the 2 months since my last fill, the doc gave me a .2 cc fill and said I was doing quite well, slow and steady. He asked how long did I feel "something" after the last fill and I told him for about a month and he said I was probably getting very close to where I needed to be, and that very small amounts make a big difference at this stage. Anyway, I totally forgot to ask how much I have in my band at this point!! I think it's like 3.5 or something.

My goal to the end of the month is to crank up the Water, get in more exercise, eat only "healthy" choices as well as small portions, and to rev up this weight loss!

Cheers to all of you, love reading your posts.

Hi all! Ladybandito- glad that irritation went away!! Sounds like you have a good plan, and do remember that with less to lose it will be a little slower- something I keep in mind for myself as I lose, that it will slow down. I'm just now approaching where you were when you started, LOL.

Erica- on the constipation- I have been putting 2 tsp of Wal-Mart brand Fiber powder (it's a taller cylinder, white and green)in my AM Protein Shake and it seems to help a little- at least way better than before adding that! And tons of Water, which is good anyways. Awesome about being 4 lbs away from halfway- I am about 9.5 lbs away from halfway. Exciting, isn't it???? And we're only about 6 months out!!!

Chrissy- it's awful here in NC too, hot, humid, thundery and icky!! Do keep logging your food, it will keep you honest :).

Kymie- I'm glad people are at least supportive to your face, who cares what they think, LOL!!

Nicole- it's nice to have a week free to try something out. I wondered about that at curves, if the workout would be intense enough. Sounds like if you're feeling it the next day, it is! Do you have a YMCA near you? I know at ours, if you volunteer a certain number of hours- and it's pretty low- your membership is free. They have lots of classes and TONS of equipment, it's a really nice atmosphere too.

I did end up doing a 30 minute The Firm dvd. They kick my butt!! I'm so sweaty at the end of it! I have been kind of stuck- I was at 216.5 on Wednesday morning, now yesterday and this morning back up to 217- not sure why, I haven't eaten badly or over calories and I'm exercising. Oh well, I'm dir (doing it right) so it will happen.

Have a great day!!

Nicki