Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone else had this happen? I was banded on 10/4 (~4 weeks pot-op) and had been on mushies for week 3. I had to eat out twice because we were out of town, so I did the best I could and got grilled chicken (chew, chew, chew), mashed potatoes, and carrots or broccoli. When I got on the scale Tuesday morning I had gained back 1/2 pound! I had been losing weight rather rapidly until that point. Yesterday I started on soft foods and I am very concerned that I'll gain even more weight!

Someone told me this can happen any time you change up your diet -- is that true? Or am I eating too much? I left most of my dinner on my plate - before the band I would have eaten all of it!

Help! I'm worried that I went through all of this pain, money, time, effort, etc. just to lose the 31 pounds I have already lost!!

Same here. I actually have gone up 2 lbs. But I'll take the 25 and keep plugging along. I think our bodies are freaking out and holding onto what they can :) we'll show them!

Thanks Hightower and KBaum! I was really freaking out there!

Well I had surgery on oct 14. 3 weeks post op my issue is gas and diarrhea........is this normal. I've only lost 12 lb sence surgery. I know this is good but for some reason I thought it would be more because I had lost 20 lb during the 10 day diet......I have also had the placation with the lap band. I hope and pray that this works I'm doing ok on diet but can eat more than I want to..lol

keep doing what they told you to do. this isn't a race. we gained and kept the weight on for a long time! we want to keep the weight off for a longer time! If you are following the set diet, you are fine.

do you like the Protein Shakes? they give you lots of Protein and seem to help a bunch with weight loss.

Well I had surgery on oct 14. 3 weeks post op my issue is gas and diarrhea........is this normal. I've only lost 12 lb sence surgery. I know this is good but for some reason I thought it would be more because I had lost 20 lb during the 10 day diet......I have also had the placation with the lap band. I hope and pray that this works I'm doing ok on diet but can eat more than I want to..lol

Today is Day 23 Post-Op for me. I found out yesterday morning that I didn't get a job that I was a finalist for and really wanted. So I've been feeling very bummed out and have been eating a lot, even while on a mushy diet. Ive been consistently well under 1500 calories per day since surgery. But yesterday, I had 1445 calories and today I'm already at 1460 and it's only 4pm where I live. I don't want to slip into any bad habits, but I guess I'm okay since I'm still at a reasonable number of calories. In the old days I'd easily be at 4000 calories per day feeling the way I do right now.

I know it sounds crazy to be excited about eating plain yogurt and a Protein Shake, but I am so

happy to have something more solid. having no trouble keeping them down. happy to add the

protein and calories.

going for my first doc visit on Monday, have lots of questions

for him!

Ive been so sick of liquids, but not having many calories when I do eat. Ive had to eat out a bunch lately due to my job but have just chewed until its mush. Im praying its all ok and pouch hasnt stretched or anything crazy. Go to Dr Tues so we'll see. I think Ive done well when I do eat, but havent tried much since Im not really supposed to be "eating".

keep doing what they told you to do. this isn't a race. we gained and kept the weight on for a long time! we want to keep the weight off for a longer time! If you are following the set diet, you are fine.

do you like the Protein Shakes? they give you lots of Protein and seem to help a bunch with weight loss.[/. I don't like the protein shakes I like the Meal Replacements but not protein....yuck

Is anyone experiencing pain with their port? I can feel my port and it seems to be pushing up against my side, seems to be more painful when sat on a chair. What are your experiences with your port? Has anybody found a cure? Painkillers do not appear to work. Any help appreciated.

Is anyone experiencing pain with their port? I can feel my port and it seems to be pushing up against my side, seems to be more painful when sat on a chair. What are your experiences with your port? Has anybody found a cure? Painkillers do not appear to work. Any help appreciated.

I was banded 10-18-11 I find I need to wear lloose pants. I went and bought sports bras,buy them loose. Other than that I take tylenol and it seems to be OK

went for my 1st post op visit with my doc this am. he calmed the concerns I had, moved me to puree for a week and soft for another and on to real food . wants me to be eating food for 2 weeks by the time he sees me again. I will have my first fill in December.

I am surprised how quickly this whole thing is moving! Very glad that it is!

Really want to thank the group for soooo much info!!!

onward and downward we go................................

you are so brave to go back to work so quickly. hope each day feels better.

be sure to rest when you get home.

Four days post op and first day back at work...nauseous the entire day. Wish Id taken more time off. Read about "green" smoothies and all the nutrition in them when u add spinach or avacado to a shake. Tried it today and added spinach to potato Soup I thinned out and ran through food processor, oh and added scoop of unflavored Protein too, and it was amazing! Just tasted like potato soup and I got full and tons of protein and nutrition!

Port incision still sore and Im weak, but all in all, not too rough being on my feet most of the day.

Omg..seriously...hungry hungry..I eat....then...Im hungry again in about 2 hours sometimes less...Hmm....Please....I need a fill....to control the hunger pains.....My first fill on November 26....Grrrrr...Sign...

Omg..seriously...hungry hungry..I eat....then...Im hungry again in about 2 hours sometimes less...Hmm....Please....I need a fill....to control the hunger pains.....My first fill on November 26....Grrrrr...Sign...

I'm glad I'm not the only one!! I am starving!! Not getting full at all when I eat. My fill is Nov 22nd. What do we do??

I'm glad I'm not the only one!! I am starving!! Not getting full at all when I eat. My fill is Nov 22nd. What do we do??

Protein helps kill the Hunger, so try the Protein Shakes, Cottage cheese, and keep track of your calories on myfitnesspal.com It will help.