Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't get my first fill until the 22nd and I am really looking forward to it as my weight loss is at a standstill. :blink:

I hear you on the standstill. My first fill is scheduled on the 18th and I can't wait!

Whoops I also forgot to mention I have reached 50 lbs lost in this journey so far!!! WOOT WOOT ** does happy dance**:Dancing_wub: :success1:

Just saw this. That is terrific. Congratulations!

I hear you on the standstill. My first fill is scheduled on the 18th and I can't wait!

My first fill is on the 18th too. I am really looking forward to it. I am watching what I eat very carefully, but I know I can eat more if I let myself. I don't like that feeling. Especially now that the holidays are coming up.

Just saw this. That is terrific. Congratulations!

Thanks!!!!!!! :D

Tomorrow I go for my first fill... I'm excited because I REALLY need it!!! I can drink a whole glass of Water and I'm still eating larger amounts of food to feel satisfied....... have to be there at 9am so that's an early morning for me because my drive is 2 hours.... I will let you know how it goes... Enjoy the rest of your Sunday everyone :rolleyes:

Tomorrow I go for my first fill... I'm excited because I REALLY need it!!! I can drink a whole glass of Water and I'm still eating larger amounts of food to feel satisfied....... have to be there at 9am so that's an early morning for me because my drive is 2 hours.... I will let you know how it goes... Enjoy the rest of your Sunday everyone :rolleyes:

I hope your fill goes ok today. I too have to drive 2 hours to my doctor. I wish I had thought of that before I had my surgery. :)

Hello everyone. So this we'd 16tg is my first fill Nd I can't wait!!!!!! My weight loss is also at standstill but today I get to start at the gym, it was on a freeze for a month gor the Surgery recovery time. Anyways I have a bad cold Nd would like to stay in bed but I'm gonna push myself out to the gym. Wish me luck!!! Does anybody live in Mnt Pocono PA? I need a buddy :(

my first fill is on the 18th too

having a hard time eating certain things i have to really chew

and i haven't even had a fill yet

My first fill is on the 18th too. I am really looking forward to it. I am watching what I eat very carefully, but I know I can eat more if I let myself. I don't like that feeling. Especially now that the holidays are coming up.

Hello October Bandsters!!! First I wanna say everyone is doing great and I am glad we have this group because everyone has the opportunity to inspire someone else throughout this journey. I am getting a lil discouraged though... Today makes 1month post-op for me and I am only down 20lbs... For the 2wks the scale is just not moving. I am staying around 1000-1400 calories but on most days I am at 1200cals. I am starting to feel very hungry again. I will be getting my first fill this Friday the 18th. Currently i have no Fluid in my 14cc band. I just wanna know how has everyone's journey been? Any regrets? Anyone doing any vigorous exercise right away? Also for those out there who understand carbs... I need help!!! On a daily basis, I am trying to stay at 1200cals, 60-80g Protein, & under 100g carbs... I just dont understand how people say they stay under 30g of carbs when there are carbs in just about everything we eat including high protein foods also. If I eat yogurt for Breakfast, thats 20g carbs just from my a.m. snack... Can someone please explain carbs to me? I have been avoiding Pasta & rice and minimal bread but I do have a bagel thin or english muffin once or twice a week. Any help or advice would be great!!! Thanks Everyone... HDC blank.gif

Hi Q-tee. First of all remember,, this is a very slow process.. If you are doing 1-2 Lbs. a week, It's Normal.

Now with the healing, and the stalling out that your body can do.. Don't worry about it ! I know that you are,

and I think I can hear you too ! ! ! LOL.

Eventually it will start to come off.

In the meantime don't get hung up on the scale to much, instead watch your cloths sizes shrink. That's better then the numbers on the scale.

Sometimes when we stop losing weight, we start losing inches. We keep going back and forth. That's how it works.

So your still losing, but getting bummed out because of the numbers. Get away from the obsession.

I give myself a window in calories of 800-1200, but am most comfortable 900-1000.

60-80G of Protein, and I don't worry about the rest.

Plus I work out. You have to if you want to lose weight.

Good Luck, You'll get there, don't worry to much. It will jump start eventually. Maybe stay under your calorie goal,

Good habit to follow.

Shirley.

Thanks Girlfriend... Ur the bestest!!! biggrin.gif

Hi Q-tee. First of all remember,, this is a very slow process.. If you are doing 1-2 Lbs. a week, It's Normal.

Now with the healing, and the stalling out that your body can do.. Don't worry about it ! I know that you are,

and I think I can hear you too ! ! ! LOL.

Eventually it will start to come off.

In the meantime don't get hung up on the scale to much, instead watch your cloths sizes shrink. That's better then the numbers on the scale.

Sometimes when we stop losing weight, we start losing inches. We keep going back and forth. That's how it works.

So your still losing, but getting bummed out because of the numbers. Get away from the obsession.

I give myself a window in calories of 800-1200, but am most comfortable 900-1000.

60-80G of Protein, and I don't worry about the rest.

Plus I work out. You have to if you want to lose weight.

Good Luck, You'll get there, don't worry to much. It will jump start eventually. Maybe stay under your calorie goal,

Good habit to follow.

Shirley.

U R Welcome !

U R Welcome !

I was given no guidelines by my doctor or nutritionist about calories or Protein. I was told to eat 2-3 meals a day 1/2 cup only. Fill my plate with mostly protein and then veggies. I'm getting less than 500 calories a day. I'm starving and I've had 1 fill so far. I'm eating 3 meals today because I'm so hungry. Is this how it's supposed to be?

That doesn't sound right. I was at 1000-1200 calorie range and not loosing. I bumped it up to 12-1400 calorie range and the scale has started to move again. I am at or above 80 grams of Protein. Sounds like your body is in starvation mode. I make my meals are around 3-400 calories. I eat about a cup of food at a time. (6 weeks out) That is what I was told by my doctor and nutritionist. After my fill I don't think I will be able to eat 1 cup of food. Have you called your nutritionist directly and specifically asked? That is what I did.