Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on October 18, what an experience! The first couple of days were rough but feeling great now! I am finding my appetite is returning so looking forward to my first fill on November 29th!!!

Hello October Bandsters... Thought I should check in & besides I have ???s

I am 18-days post-op… I am down 19lb so far. I have no Fluid in my 14cc band. I have been doing pretty good with my food choices, measuring everything, and actually feeling full. I have been trying to get 30mins of exercise in a day. I do have lots of questions still…

1. (Women only question) What do you do for cravings and appetite when it's that time of the month? Does your weight fluctuate during this time as well?

2. Because there are carbs in almost everything we eat, how do you determine what is a good amount of carbs per day? My fitnesspal says 249g is a go number.

3. What kind of exercise do you all do and how much and for how long?

4. Any ideas on things I can do as a truck-driver that works nights? I will be going back to work in a couple weeks and snacking is how I use to make it on the road. I need ideas or even some healthy snack choices to get me through my nights at work driving down that lonely highway.

5. I am scheduled to have a fill on November 18th. If I am still losing pretty good and considering the holiday is right around the corner, should I consider the fill or should I wait until I'm no longer losing weight or come to a plateau?

6. Are sunflower seeds bad?

7. So far I have been eating 1000-1300 calories or less per day, along with 80g of Protein and trying to keep my carbs under 100g. Is this ok??? I'm really unsure… Just still so confused and need some words of wisdom on certain things.

Bandsters please share any advise or tips to help me through my journey. I appreciate all comments and I accept all the supportand encouragement I can get. Thanks a lot family!!!

I used Protein Shakes (thicker then usual) to help deaden my Hunger any time of the month.

My husband use to drive a rig. He's retired now though.......... Anyway fresh fruits are nice to have, RTD shakes are handy for this,

Almonds, s f pudding cups, Whatever you can think of or look up thats higher in Protein. Look in the cookie section and there is a type of cracker there that is flavored like Rye, Onion, Sour Dough. They are crunchy, but paper thin, and low in calories. You will have to read the names I think it was called Wasa

Cracker.. Power Bars are nice to have, your Brain looks at them as a candy bar (sometimes) and you get your protein.

I went to a Physical Rehab place, and a lot of places are renting out their Gym for so much a month I pay $30.00 a month for all I want in the Gym.

Any days a week I use 3, any time of the day. You might look into that, and see what's available in your area. Even they need business. Work your schedule around it.

Hope some of this helps.

Shirley.

Hi fellow bandsters

So 1 week after surgery and feeling very happy. Back at work and things are ticking along quite nicely. Have managed to lose weight in 1 week - a total of 3.1 kg

My port area does hurt might book in to see a nurse for some advice as all the other incisions do not cause me grief. Checked out the cut on the port area incision it is about 3 inches, wonder why he made it so big?

Hope your all doing well

TC

So I am finally looking at the post operative forum.....Yeah!! I was banded on October 26th and I feel surprisingly great besides some issues with gas. I am ready to start working off all the excess fat that I have managed gaining over the past few years. I have been walking 1/2 hour every day and I feel very healthy. Thanks for all the help and support on this forum it has been refreshing to know that others are in the same boat. Good luck to all the October bandsters out there!!!

I wonder about my carbs total. I will ask the nutritionist, the rest doesn't confuse me. I've started exercising & that has made such a big difference. my place measures my body each month! it has been fun to see the inches go, go, go!! we need to keep our bodies tight as the lbs. melt away.

Four days post op and first day back at work...nauseous the entire day. Wish Id taken more time off. Read about "green" smoothies and all the nutrition in them when u add spinach or avacado to a shake. Tried it today and added spinach to potato Soup I thinned out and ran through food processor, oh and added scoop of unflavored Protein too, and it was amazing! Just tasted like potato soup and I got full and tons of protein and nutrition!

Port incision still sore and Im weak, but all in all, not too rough being on my feet most of the day.

Hello all! I was banded 10/10/11. I've been back to work for 3 weeks. Other than that first week post-op, things have gone better than expected. I've lost 20lbs total since starting my pre-op liquid diet, however, I've lost 15.5 inches and I am pretty excited about that more than the weight loss!! I'm getting a fill next week and it cant come soon enough! I get full really fast BUT I'm hungry all of the time. Doing my best to get all of my Water in every day. Walking 1-2 miles everyday or riding stationary bike 3-4 miles. It isn't much, but it's all my out of shape lungs can handle at this point. I plan on moving forward to the 10 Minute Trainer and Jilian Michaels '30 day shred'. I'll get there!

Hello all! I was banded 10/10/11. I've been back to work for 3 weeks. Other than that first week post-op, things have gone better than expected. I've lost 20lbs total since starting my pre-op liquid diet, however, I've lost 15.5 inches and I am pretty excited about that more than the weight loss!! I'm getting a fill next week and it cant come soon enough! I get full really fast BUT I'm hungry all of the time. Doing my best to get all of my Water in every day. Walking 1-2 miles everyday or riding stationary bike 3-4 miles. It isn't much, but it's all my out of shape lungs can handle at this point. I plan on moving forward to the 10 Minute Trainer and Jilian Michaels '30 day shred'. I'll get there!

You're doing great! I haven't started exercising yet. I hate to exercise! I'm going on a cruise tomorrow and I'm worried about all the food that will be available to me that isn't available now. I'm going to walk a lot so I hope that helps. Also my dietician said I could indulge in some drinking since I'm on vacation. I just hope I don't gain too much weight.

Cyndy

sounds good, will try it!

Four days post op and first day back at work...nauseous the entire day. Wish Id taken more time off. Read about "green" smoothies and all the nutrition in them when u add spinach or avacado to a shake. Tried it today and added spinach to potato Soup I thinned out and ran through food processor, oh and added scoop of unflavored Protein too, and it was amazing! Just tasted like potato soup and I got full and tons of protein and nutrition!

Port incision still sore and Im weak, but all in all, not too rough being on my feet most of the day.

you sound like you are starving yourself. I am supposed to have 1/2 cup per each meal (total). keep sipping any liquid between meals. try SF popsicles, diluted low sugar juice, caffeine free tea, or of course Water. keep track of each liquid you drink on a piece of paper, that way you will know how you're progressing as the day goes along.if the body goes starvation mode it devours the muscle as well as the fat, obviously you don't want that to happen.

Call you doc to get a plan to follow, they should have given you something to begin with but..... I don't like when these docs leave you hanging out here with no support planned???there are liquid multi Vitamins that really taste fine.

at this stage of the game you are trying to get to a point where food is comfortable and nutritious for you. keep us informed how your eating and drinking is progressing.

Hi fellow bandsters,

I was banded on Oct 20. I am in my second day of pureed foods. I wondering wether I am getting enough calories in (see my menu from yesterday). I only hit 375 calories. I also was only able to get 1 17 oz bottle of Water down. It is not that I am hungry, but I don't think it is healthy with that little amount of calories. I don't want my body to go into starvation mode. I have lost 26 pounds in 3 weeks (17 of it was during pre surgery liquid diet) . How many calories are you all getting in at this stage?

Breakfast

3 oz pureed egg salad with ff miracle whip 150 cal 12 Protein

lunch

2.5 oz pureed tuna with FF miracle whip 50 cal 13 Protein

1 oz of pureed egg salad with FF whip 50 cal 6 protein

dinner

2.5 oz pureed tuna with FF whip 50 cal 13 protein

snack

1/4 cup of cottage cheese 45 cal 6.5 prot

total 375 cal 50.5 gr protein.

thanks for your help

[my answer is no. we have to retrain ourselves to eat small amts. of food. sipping Water in between meal times makes the body think it is getting food.

have you started exercising ? walking is an unbelievably good way to exercise, start out on short walks and work up to miles at a time. if you have a dog they certainly make it fun to walk. I joined Curves in August, I like it cause I have made myself accountable to the group. they measure my body each month (more being accountable). It isn't a "beautiful people" gym. It's regular people of all ages trying to have a healthy body.i've found that my insurance pays part of the monthly fee if I go 12X each month. I obviously go!!

try new recipes. there are online sites with recipes just for us. Sparkpeople.com is one that I just found. I can save the recipes I think sound good.

try to keep in touch with this forum as much as you can. "talking" to people with the same issues helps you get through one more hour. hour by hour is how is going to work for you this time.

YOU CAN DO ANYTHING.... BELIEVE IT.

GUYS- I DONT MEAN TO DISCOURAGE ANYONE BUT I NEED ADVICE- I WAS BANDED 2 1/2 YEARS AGO & I LOST 100 POUNDS. (I BELIEVE JUST FROM FEAR OF THE BAND) I DID THIS I THINK JUST USING WILL POWER- WAS HUNGRY MOST OF THE TIME. I WAS SLOW TO GET FILLS BECAUSE I WAS WORRIED ABOUT SLOWING MY METABOLISM DOWN BY NOT EATING MUCH. I HAVE THE LARGER OF THE TWO BANDS & I THINK I AM 7CC NOW. I HAVE GAINED BACK MOST OF MY WEIGHT & NOW CAN HARDLY TELL THAT I HAVE EVEN HAD THE LAPBAND. I GUESS MY QUESTION IS DO YOU EVER GET TO WHERE YOU CAN ONLY EAT SMALL AMOUNTS OF FOOD?

I gained weight when they deflated me..... You on the other hand may just need a adjustment, and your of and rolling again.

I would call my Dr., and even let them fill you under fluoroscope, and take you to your fill line !

Then your done, except,,,,, say if you lose 50-100Lbs. and need to be adjusted again.

That's what was done for me, and I am very grateful for it.

I was Banded 10/31/2006

So I am still trying to get into onederland.

Been deflated until 03/03.2011

That's when I was filled under Fluoroscope.

Has anyone else had this happen? I was banded on 10/4 (~4 weeks pot-op) and had been on mushies for week 3. I had to eat out twice because we were out of town, so I did the best I could and got grilled chicken (chew, chew, chew), mashed potatoes, and carrots or broccoli. When I got on the scale Tuesday morning I had gained back 1/2 pound! I had been losing weight rather rapidly until that point. Yesterday I started on soft foods and I am very concerned that I'll gain even more weight!

Someone told me this can happen any time you change up your diet -- is that true? Or am I eating too much? I left most of my dinner on my plate - before the band I would have eaten all of it!

Help! I'm worried that I went through all of this pain, money, time, effort, etc. just to lose the 31 pounds I have already lost!!

Hi there! I'm a week behind you. I also noticed the weight loss slow down/stop when I moved from mushies to regular food. Waiting for my first fill to control the hunger. Good luck!

Has anyone else had this happen? I was banded on 10/4 (~4 weeks pot-op) and had been on mushies for week 3. I had to eat out twice because we were out of town, so I did the best I could and got grilled chicken (chew, chew, chew), mashed potatoes, and carrots or broccoli. When I got on the scale Tuesday morning I had gained back 1/2 pound! I had been losing weight rather rapidly until that point. Yesterday I started on soft foods and I am very concerned that I'll gain even more weight!

Someone told me this can happen any time you change up your diet -- is that true? Or am I eating too much? I left most of my dinner on my plate - before the band I would have eaten all of it!

Help! I'm worried that I went through all of this pain, money, time, effort, etc. just to lose the 31 pounds I have already lost!!