Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good morning all,

I am feeling great. I met with my Dr.last Friday & she said I can get my 1st fill next week. She will do 2 to 3cc fill on Friday & it will be 3 weeks post op for me. I am super excited.

At this time I am hungry & can eat normal. I am looking forward to some restriction.

Good morning all,

I am feeling great. I met with my Dr.last Friday & she said I can get my 1st fill next week. She will do 2 to 3cc fill on Friday & it will be 3 weeks post op for me. I am super excited.

At this time I am hungry & can eat normal. I am looking forward to some restriction.

How exciting! I can't wait to get my first fill. The doctor cleared me to have a fill four weeks after my surgery date, but I haven't made the appointment yet since that's still 2+ weeks away. I think I'll call them this week to set it up.

I still have a huge bruise over my port site. I wonder if they can still do a fill there if the bruise doesn't go away? Anyone know about that?

Arlene, yes I'm on mushies now. I started on Wednesday. I'm doing ok but having trouble eating slowly. I guess because I was so hungry. I read somewhere that you should use a timer when you first start eating. So I'm going to get me a timer.

That's awesome that you've lost 19 lbs!! Congratulations! I started the liquid diet on Oct. 6 and I have lost 15 lbs.

Since I started eating my weight has gone up and that's what I was worried about. It's time I start exercising. :(

IC, Can you give me some mushies you are doing. I am starting tommorow. I also and going to head to the gym again next week!

IC, Can you give me some mushies you are doing. I am starting tommorow. I also and going to head to the gym again next week!

I've been eating some cream Soups like cream of potato that I puree, Tomato Soup, cream of wheat, instant mashed potatoes. Some baby food fruit like applesauce. All in all I haven't been that hungry.

Last night I had boiled chicken breast and let me tell you it was delicious! I cut it into tiny pieces and chewed it a lot. I also had some watermelon. I took my time with it and really enjoyed eating it.

Hope this helps!

I had my surgery oct 18 I was in a lot of pain right after the surgery the nurses never told me I could walk around and was in bed for 4 hours after surgery which caused more gas. I was very unhappy with the hospital staff, The transporter said she needed help pushing my wheelchair because of all the weight in the chair. However I love my dr and that's where he operates from. The pain gets better everyday, at first I had a really difficult time standing after sitting, now it's so much easier. My chief complaint is the large incision I have on my right side, the dr said this is where the camera was, the incision itself looks inverted anyone else have that much pain in the right. The port incision is fine. One day at a time just can't wait to see some results.

Congratulations Kp87! I'm sorry you had so much trouble at the hospital. I have more pain at my port incision than the others. It's also the largest incision.

Good luck to you as you lose your weight!

Cyndy

I had my surgery oct 18 I was in a lot of pain right after the surgery the nurses never told me I could walk around and was in bed for 4 hours after surgery which caused more gas. I was very unhappy with the hospital staff, The transporter said she needed help pushing my wheelchair because of all the weight in the chair. However I love my dr and that's where he operates from. The pain gets better everyday, at first I had a really difficult time standing after sitting, now it's so much easier. My chief complaint is the large incision I have on my right side, the dr said this is where the camera was, the incision itself looks inverted anyone else have that much pain in the right. The port incision is fine. One day at a time just can't wait to see some results.

Question: what is the average size of the main incision? I had my bandages removed today (surgery was on Oct 15) and was surprised (read: shocked) to see about 1-1.5 inch scar across my belly button. For some reason I expected all incisions to be 1/4 inch or less, similar to my secondary incision around liver area or 2-3 similarly small incision I had with my laparoscopic surgery for torn meniscus.

Is this a typical scenario?

I was suprised also as I had had galbladder surgery and the biggest incision was less than an inch. I might of just assumed it would of been the same but my largest of 5 is 2 inches. My Journy has been slightly different than ya'lls

SO FAR SO GOOD! Just a little different than most other october bandsters!

Banded 10-18, Stayed overnight, Hospital was ok, so I came home wednessday did fine, thursday I had nassea and day heave (one). called Dr office and they called in a RX for me. They asked if I wanted it by liquid or suppository I said liquid and I am sorry I did!!! IF you are not nasiated befor you will be trying to get it down. So that worked for that day until the next night, I tryed to take my meds crushing them in Water, Not sure why but as soon as I layed down with bed proped up the nasea came and would not stop. I finally gave up at 1 in the mourning . Called and Dr.Called right back and said he could meet me at the office in a half an hour. So hear I am 1:30 in the mourning 3 days or so post op kand getting an unfill. So I may be the only one of ya'll who has had any kind of a fill. I have not read other peoples discription of fills. But he pressed on the port (not fun) sprayed area with freezing spray and the rest was the easy part. Now it is 2 days later and am doing great! The Dr said at least we know you will be tight. I am really happy!

Hi All-

Hoping I can slide into your chat! I was technically a September bandster (September 29th)

It has really been easy sailing so far, and this is without any pain meds. It turns out I am allergic to most narcotics so this was done oh natural. The gas pains in my neck and shoulders were horrendous, but I can thankfully say they are gone!

I find my problem has been that I have not found my self full over the past few days. I am following the diet from my doctor and started pureed food today, and the 2-3 tablespoon portions are not cutting it. I am also yo-yoing with weight. About 10 down since surgery, but I go up a lb and down, but not lower than 10 yet. Frustrating. I am wondering if this all will just be the way it is until my first fill...??

Good luck to everyone!

Do you by chance excersize?

I was banded 10/18/2011. So glad to have found this websight, nice to see that so many others have the same questions, frustrations, worries etc that I do. Lots of great answers on here. I am also struggling with "gas" pain, and struggling with the Protein shakes. Doing fine with other liquids but I am already sick of the Protein, and my doc says 30 day liquid diet, 1 week down! Looking forward to seeing everyone progress, The best of luck to all of you!

One question, how do you get the cute little "weight loss ticker" thing on all your posts? I love that, but havent figured out how to do it?

Again I am wishing all of you the best, and look forward to this journey "together"

I want to know that, too! I hope someone tells you...

I was banded 10/18/2011. So glad to have found this websight, nice to see that so many others have the same questions, frustrations, worries etc that I do. Lots of great answers on here. I am also struggling with "gas" pain, and struggling with the Protein Shakes. Doing fine with other liquids but I am already sick of the Protein, and my doc says 30 day liquid diet, 1 week down! Looking forward to seeing everyone progress, The best of luck to all of you!

One question, how do you get the cute little "weight loss ticker" thing on all your posts? I love that, but havent figured out how to do it?

Again I am wishing all of you the best, and look forward to this journey "together"

Go to www.tickerfactory.com

Okay, I went to the tickerfactory and set it up, but how do I post it on my profile here? (I'm technically-challenged.)

I had a hard time figuring this out too!! blink.gif Click on your profile name at the top left (where it says "signed in as . . . ), the select "my settings", click the "forum" tab and the the "change signature' tab on the left. You paste the code in to the box and be sure to click the save or update button at the bottom! I hope I said that all right! My ticker was code until I finally figured it out!! :o)

You have great taste in ticker design. :)

I had a hard time figuring this out too!! blink.gif Click on your profile name at the top left (where it says "signed in as . . . ), the select "my settings", click the "forum" tab and the the "change signature' tab on the left. You paste the code in to the box and be sure to click the save or update button at the bottom! I hope I said that all right! My ticker was code until I finally figured it out!! :o)