Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So today I am feeling more like me than I have in a few days. But I am having gas pain still. I figured out if I put a heat pack right on the gas pain I burp within a min and I feel better. Hope this helps anyone having gas pains.

That did help me. I remembered that tip yesterday and was happily burping away. Thanks!

For those of you who have had surgery and have kids, how long do you think I will need before I can pick up and care for my 15 month old? I have help for the first 5 days, but need to make sure I don't need to find someone after that?

My paperwork said nothing heavier than 15 pounds for 4 weeks. (We both know that is unrealistic and unlikely). Do you have an older child that can help your little one get in and out of her highchair or crib? Maybe teaching her to do it herself ?

My paperwork said nothing heavier than 15 pounds for 4 weeks. (We both know that is unrealistic and unlikely). Do you have an older child that can help your little one get in and out of her highchair or crib? Maybe teaching her to do it herself ?

My daughter is about 23 pounds and I try not to lift her but sometimes I can't just let her reach for me and do nothing. I do keep a pillow on my stomach when she is on the bed and she already pushed on my wounds and it killed. I was told to not do lifting for at least a few weeks. I guess you will know when you can do more. Good Luck.

Congrats to all I however was banded on 10/4/11 not as happy as most here but hope to get there one day. I have lost 13 pounds already n I'm happy about that but I'm suppose to be on liquids for three weeks n couldn't make it I was starving to the point that I cried n cried until the next day I had to eat something n felt much better. Now everyday I'm doing the same not bad choices but not liquids. I do this once a day liquids most of the day but soft or solid one time a day if needed. It could be fish or an egg or Soup not just the broth but I really don't know what to feel.

Congrats to all I however was banded on 10/4/11 not as happy as most here but hope to get there one day. I have lost 13 pounds already n I'm happy about that but I'm suppose to be on liquids for three weeks n couldn't make it I was starving to the point that I cried n cried until the next day I had to eat something n felt much better. Now everyday I'm doing the same not bad choices but not liquids. I do this once a day liquids most of the day but soft or solid one time a day if needed. It could be fish or an egg or Soup not just the broth but I really don't know what to feel.

Are you aloud to have sugar free Jello? That seem to help me a little ( I am on 4 shakes and clear liquids). Was supposed to be 3 shakes but could not do it.

I was banded yesterday and actually feel pretty good. I have been taking pain meds and gas-x on a regular basis. I was told to take it the first 24 hours whether I thought I needed it or not. So, the dose I took at 5 A.M. this morning was probably (cross my fingers) my last. Feeling pretty good and can't wait to get started on the phase. I had two weeks of liquids pre-op (lost 14 lbs) and now I have 2 weeks of it post-op, followed by 2 weeks of blended. Haha.. It is kind of sad that I am so looking forward to blended foods. :)

Good luck everyone..

Yes but that didn't help I see my doctor on Tuesday will explain to her what happened. Can't wait to get a fill maybe that will help

Hi Everyone! I was banded on October 11th and am struggling like crazy with gas pains (at least that's what I think they are). I had hoped to go back to work today but didn't because the pains are rough and I'm still really tired. Despite all that, I am hopeful about the future and can't wait to re-enter my own life.

As for goals, that's a hard one. I know I need to loose about 100 lbs, but mainly I want to be able to play kickball, volleyball, and participate in every aspect of my 10 year old daughter's life. I can't wait to get healthy.

I was banded on the 6th.. I had liquids 3 weeks prior and I have less than a week left.. I know it is hard. I'm so sick of my Protein shakes, but being allowed to do low fat milk instead of Water with the shakes has helped. I'm also allowed sugar-free pudding (so sick of jello).. I've tried some cream Soups that had made a difference too. My doctor also told me I could do low fat yogurt. I've been doing the non-fat Greek Yogurt without the fruit pieces and what a difference that has made.. It's really filling... Keep strong....

Hi Everyone! I was banded on October 11th and am struggling like crazy with gas pains (at least that's what I think they are). I had hoped to go back to work today but didn't because the pains are rough and I'm still really tired. Despite all that, I am hopeful about the future and can't wait to re-enter my own life.

As for goals, that's a hard one. I know I need to loose about 100 lbs, but mainly I want to be able to play kickball, volleyball, and participate in every aspect of my 10 year old daughter's life. I can't wait to get healthy.

They are a combination of gas and pain from the incisions. Take the pain med's and try to walk. Walking seems to help me get the gas out! I too can't wait to be more active with my daughter! PMA is the key!!

You should go see your DR asap. You should not be feeling hungy if you are following the plan and have your fills done. Remember how you look now and how you will look in a year from now if you follow the plan. Stay Positive and make sure to have alot of support! Good luck and let me know if I can help!

Ok everyone. I was banded yesterday and boy I wish I could say things are ok,but they arent.. I am in a LOT of pain. I stayed overnight in the hospital and the medication they gave me there helped keep the pain under control,but now I am home and the loritab is not really cutting it. It is hard to move, to go to the bathroom since I have not handicapped handles to use to ease myself up and down. I am not hungry, and I am not regretting my decision as I know exactly why I chose to do this, but I am wondering why I left the hospital and what I should do now. I am sitting with an icepack on my port area, a heating pad on my shoulder, and praying for some relief. ( I did have my gallbladder out at the same time and I dont know if that is why my pain is more than I anticipated.) Any advice?

Ok everyone. I was banded yesterday and boy I wish I could say things are ok,but they arent.. I am in a LOT of pain. I stayed overnight in the hospital and the medication they gave me there helped keep the pain under control,but now I am home and the loritab is not really cutting it. It is hard to move, to go to the bathroom since I have not handicapped handles to use to ease myself up and down. I am not hungry, and I am not regretting my decision as I know exactly why I chose to do this, but I am wondering why I left the hospital and what I should do now. I am sitting with an icepack on my port area, a heating pad on my shoulder, and praying for some relief. ( I did have my gallbladder out at the same time and I dont know if that is why my pain is more than I anticipated.) Any advice?

The Gallblader hurts quite a bit.

Call your surgeon, and have him phone in some type of liquid pain Medication.

I had Percocet, and it helped quite a bit.

Hope you get to feeling better.

Shirley.

I haven't get my fills yet I just had the surgery 10 days ago.

You should go see your DR asap. You should not be feeling hungy if you are following the plan and have your fills done. Remember how you look now and how you will look in a year from now if you follow the plan. Stay Positive and make sure to have alot of support! Good luck and let me know if I can help!