Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who were you banded by?

:cheer2: Yahhh Jude!! Sounds like your doing great!! Don't worry you'll be back to normal very shortly. I was amazed how quickly I felt like myself again. So great to have you back!!:girl_hug:

Can't wait..........being banded by Dr. Joffe on Thursday. I will be leaving Fenelon Falls tomorrow morning and staying overnight in Yorkville. Not nervous about the procedure at all but nervous about recovery. We have two businesses to run in Fenelon which are very public....the gas thing bothers me.

Any one else banded at TLBC? Please share your experience with me.

Counting the hours now.....2 more sleeps....do I sound anxious?:bounce:

Carol

Good Luck Carol - I know how you are feeling - it is exactly where I was last week - and I have not had a problem with gas - not as far as passing it - or it escaping - although I have had the pain from the gas - the shoulder pain has been rather uncomfortable at times - but the gasx does help and the heating pad is VERY helpful.

I am going to make an attemt to go out today for the first time since Friday surgery - just to the local grocery store and the post office for mail. I find that I have been using back muscles to compensate for sore stomach muscles and my back has been very sore - but I think that I am doing quite well - only one demerol yesterday in the am - only tylenol liquid last night at bedtime.

I am not eating much though and I talked with Marie yesterday and she said try some cottage cheese if I would like - and to try to get more Optifast in if I could and strained cream Soups.< /p>

I think yesterday all together I managed:

`1 optifast 1/2 at a time 2x during the day

1/4 to 1/2 Cup chicken Soup strained made with 1%

lots of Water and crystal light

had problems with Jello - the pre-packaged stuff was too thick and rubbery I couldn't get it to liquify in my mouth before swallowing and it sat there - felt uncomfortable

Best of Luck - you will be fine -

see you on the other side!!!

Hey Carol, I answered your PM about my experience with TLBC. I hope it answered most of your questions. I also fogot to mention that the heating pad was my best friend for 2 days.

And, again, as far as the gas pain...I had zip!! I did have GasX on hand though just in case but I didn't need it. No pain at all and next to nothing in terms of "escaping gas". Don't know if I'm the anomaly or not but I'll take what I can get!!!

You'll do great!

Hi everyone!

Just got back from the GP. Noticed last night as I was showering I had a small red spot NEAR one of my incisions. This am it was bigger. I already had the doc's app't. He didn't like it - thought it was a "puncture" - anyway he prescribed an antibiotic/cortisone cream - to put on frequently - then he said if it burst - to bathe the area with a weak Javex solution.

On the way home it burst - so I bathed it, applied cream and a bandaid.

He is seeing me again next Wed to take out my "stitch". He did say if it gets worse to call for an oral anti-biotic. He also said to crush up some acidophilis and take it as well.

So here I am with a little infected puncture!!!

Just got banded yesterday (Feb 15 2007) by Dr. Yau / Joffe.

Dr. Joffe insisted I lose 50 pounds before my surgery so he put me on Optifast. I ended up losing 42 pounds in about 2 weeks, so I kinda let myself slide off the diet for my birthday (a few days before the fill). Luckily I weighed in at 455 the day before the surgery so they went ahead.

Hoping to get down to about 225, but I know it's going to take a while.

When I first saw Dr. Joffe my BMI was 67, but I'm proud to say I'm down to 61 now.

I didn't realize how much it would hurt after the surgery, but I'm not really accustomed to pain. :)

I forgot to ask the size of my band, but I'll be sure to at my first fill.

This forum has been a great support for me. I had been lurking before today, but now I'm a full member.

Good luck everyone!

Bill.

I was banded by DrJoffe at the TLBC- love them there very nice staff!!!

Dr J was a neat little guy-LOL LOved his yellow shoes (crocs)

Robyn

I was banded by DrJoffe at the TLBC- love them there very nice staff!!!

Dr J was a neat little guy-LOL LOved his yellow shoes (crocs)

Robyn

Yea, I actually commented to him on the shoes saying that they must be comfortable if he is wearing them for surgery.

Bill.

Banded in Toronto February 8th 2007 by Dr's Yau and Joffe at the Toronto

Lap Band Centre (TLBC)--Two excellent bariatric surgeons both do your surgery. Several key staff members are successful bandsters which I find very comforting and reassuring. So far I am very satisfied. Would highly recommend them. Cost $16,000 not covered by OHIP.

Shirley

Dr Joffe and Yau Jan, 2002

long before TLBC existed... I was patient 50-60 at Scarborough Grace in Toronto.

I live in Milk River Alberta and I am going to Tijuana Mexico on March 27, to be banded I would have liked to have it done here , was in the Calgary Health Region Study. My husband retired we moved after being reassured I would still be eligible since I lived in Calgary when I signed up and the second week in Feb. I got an email saying sorry but you are not in our region you can't be in the study. So I am doing this on my dime and going to Mexico.

Rissa

HI jUDE048: I was banded Feb 01/07 and I have had a small red spot around one incision that I can't make go away. It keeps breaking open and small spots of pus comes out. I thought I would be stupid to go to the doctor over such a small problem. Now that you have said you have one I think I will be going to see my doctor today. Thanks for posting.