Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long is everyone waiting to go back to work?

I had my surgery on Thursday, and I am supposed to go back to work on Monday. Anyone else in the same boat? I know I cannot drive to work if I am still on my pain killers (liquid hydracodone). I am hoping I can do tylenol on Monday and get through the day, any advice from anyone?

I had my surgery on a Thursday and went to work on Monday and I drive long distances for my work. I still had some discomfort but not a lot and I had banding with plication. But hopefully your job is not physically demanding though, because obviously you cant be overdoing it physically.

I am a little over 2 weeks post op now and feel pretty much back to normal.

Good luck!

I also had my surgery on a Thursday and I went back to work the following Tuesday. I have a desk job. If you have a job that is not physically demanding you should be fine.

My surgery was on a Friday and I went back to work on Tuesday. I could have gone back on Monday. The only time I took the liquid pain killer was on the night of surgery. The surgery is really not that bad. Make sure to get plenty of walking in to help relieve the pressure from the gas, drink your fluids, and rest. You will be fine when you go back to work. Nobody even knew (or knows) that I had surgery--it was just a long weekend. :D

Thank you all, that was very helpful. I have a desk job, so I do not have a physically demanding job. I walk around a lot, which should actually be good for me. Just worried about getting up and down, that is what is the most uncomfortable for me. Now, I feel a little less stressed about Monday.

I also had surgery Thursday and went back to work on Monday with no problems. I did not take the liquid pain killer after the first 2 days and didn't need to. By the end of Monday, my first day back, I was a little more tired than usual but felt fine otherwise.

I had my surgery on a Thursday and went back to work on the following Tuesday with no problems other then some gas. I actually got up Monday morning and got dressed for work and decided not to go because I know I would have a major attitude with my gas pains so I stayed home.

I stayed out 18 days because I am a nurse and we don't have light duty and a stupid "No Drink policy" at the nurses station. I would have parrished to death going 12 hours without drinking because I barley can take a lunch break because I stay busy. I was weak and Water for a whole week because I wasn't getting any Protein. The liquid Protein Drinks I bought were nasty and made me want to throw up. After that I was fine. Everyone is different but I don't think I could have went back after 3-4 days of surgery.

I had my surgery 6 weeks ago on a Monday and took 2 full weeks off work in house but was working remotely from home by day two. Im just lucky I could do that so it gave me plenty of time to heal.

All I can say is "CONGRATS" to those of you that were able to get back up on your feet and back to work!!! I"m jealous! I had my surgery on Tuesday, it's now Sunday and I still feel very sore, in fact yesterday was worse then the day I came home from hospital. I took off from work 9 days and I'm worried that I won't be able to handle it. I'm a hairdresser so I'm always on my feet. Just doing my own hair and make-up today was enough to wear me out. I also have had the worst gas pains, to the point I can't even walk and suggestions for this or Constipation?

I had my surgery on a Saturday and I went back to work on Monday. I am a teacher so it was good to be moving around and walking. Only one co worker knew i had surgery and my students had no idea.

In Korea its hard to get time off even though we have sick days. Most foreigners have surgery on the weekend and go back to work right away.

I did the same thing. I had surgery Thursday morning and went back to work Monday for a sit down meeting. Actual physical work was Tuesday. My first week was rough because I got tired very easily. Take baby tylenol while your at work instead of your pain meds and it'll subside it. If it still bothers your after that first week then you may want to cut back a bit.

i was wondering about this too. Is this as painfui as a c-section? I had one of those and was up walking the same day. I am a quick healer and tolerate pain a bunch. I drove the next day after my c-section. I'm trying to have surgery this friday and go back to work tuesday.

I'm on my lunch break, and today isn't that bad, besides gas pains and burping loudly at work. Plus I feel tired, but I only took some liquid tylenol today. I feel like I have been in the bathroom a lot today, for that reason I only wish I had taken one more day off. (Day 5)

I went back the next day, and I think it actually help my recover go faster and I wasn't as sore as some have reported I was moving around allot. I only used heavy pain killer before I went to bed. Movment is the key. I am 3 weeks post op now and I would never know I had the surgery if it wasn't for small scars and my port.

Keep up the good fight.

weight.png