Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery [penciled in] Sept. 19

Pre-Op diet starts Sept 7

Well, the insurance company again has all my papers - they said they will have a decision within 5-7 business days, so I'm going to start my pre-op diet as scheduled next Tuesday. I got the diet my surgeon wants - two Protein Shakes a day, two Snacks [about 100 cal each] and a hi-protein/lo-carb dinner. I can't handle dairy, so getting my Protein in without cheese/yogurt or milk is hard. I have limited Protein Drinks I can have, but Isopure powder is on the list and I like the taste. I've found some 100 cal snack bars with good protein and with fruits and nuts will have the two snacks taken care of. Eating liquid/light meal for 2 weeks will be the hardest part of the banding - I think. It will take a great more discipline to reign in the eating without a band to help. But all of your comments have encouraged me. It is only two weeks. Oh, and NO caffeine, carbonation, sugar and the like. Those around me in the morning will be sorry about the no caffeine part :-)

tomorrow is the day for me. I go in at 11:00am. I'm excited and nervous too. I have so much to do tonight. Make sure I cook for my family and have everything ready so I dont have to do too much after surgery. Gonna try to get a good nights rest tonight!!!

Negative Nellies abound. When I do tell someone about the surgery i have planned, I usually say that I don't want to hear about their opinions and that I've researched and have looked at the pros and cons. I ended my Facebook note with: "I know some of you will be of the opinion that this isn't necessary; that all I need to do is what a friend of yours has done. Look at the stats. The percentage of people who diet AND loose all the weight AND keep it off is not high. My aging body needs to loose now while I'm still young enough to enjoy the freedom and ease of movement. :-)"

Sometimes you just have to head off the comments by holding firm to the research you've done and your life situation.

Exactly ;)

tomorrow is the day for me. I go in at 11:00am. I'm excited and nervous too. I have so much to do tonight. Make sure I cook for my family and have everything ready so I dont have to do too much after surgery. Gonna try to get a good nights rest tonight!!!

Good luck! Keep us posted!

I'm getting banded sept 22. My preop diet is low carb x 2 wks. So excited !

Me too! It will be here before we know it! Just the results people get on the pre-op diet are exciting. I went to the grocery store today and bought for my pre-op diet. I am also getting plication. Are you? So excited!

Hi all! My surgery was this morning, and it went so great! Mom and I were discharged from the hospital around 5pm (surgery was at 10:30a --> was pushed back from 8:30a). I was walking around and around the nurses' station, and I am not kidding, it made me feel SO much better. Get up and out of bed as soon as the nurse lets you, because it helps with the gas pain more than you will believe.

I honestly have nothing bad to say about my day. The nursing staff at Providence St. Joseph's were incredibly helpful, friendly and supportive. I was a little nauseous in the recovery room, and they gave me something as soon as I mentioned it... and I haven't had even a hint of nausea since I started sipping Water and walking. I hope you all have such great experiences!

Good luck everyone, and let us know how it goes!!

It is great to hear how well you are doing. Congratulations on the first two steps! Keep us updated.

I start my pre-op diet tomorrow and my surgery is 2 weeks away.

Hi all! My surgery was this morning, and it went so great! Mom and I were discharged from the hospital around 5pm (surgery was at 10:30a --> was pushed back from 8:30a). I was walking around and around the nurses' station, and I am not kidding, it made me feel SO much better. Get up and out of bed as soon as the nurse lets you, because it helps with the gas pain more than you will believe.

I honestly have nothing bad to say about my day. The nursing staff at Providence St. Joseph's were incredibly helpful, friendly and supportive. I was a little nauseous in the recovery room, and they gave me something as soon as I mentioned it... and I haven't had even a hint of nausea since I started sipping Water and walking. I hope you all have such great experiences!

Good luck everyone, and let us know how it goes!!

oneyearpre-op.jpg

I'm so excited to see the September group-- I was banded one year ago in September and it was one of the best things I've every done for myself. I remember spending time looking at pics to try to imagine where I might be and finding them inspirational, but I could never really imagine what might happen for me. These are pics of one-year's progress ( I started a low-carb pre-op diet in August a month before my surgery, so my surgery weight was 264 in September).

Good luck to all of you!

That is inspiring!!! Thanks for sharing! Did you work out a lot as well?

Well folks, today is the day! I check in at 10:30, and my surgery should be around 12:30. I am super excited, not as nervous as I thought I would be. My pre-op appointment was yesterday, and everyone made me feel at ease. I will keep you posted on how things go!

Today is the day for me too!! I gotta be there at 11:00. Im so excited and nervous too, but i've been wanting a lapband since 2008 so its all good.

I was not told about the no caffeine ! : > ( Did your doc say the reason for that? I don't have a pre-op diet but am going to just try the different Protein Shakes so I'm prepared after my surgery on the 14th. But what is with the no caffeine that is a very difficult task for me much harder than not eating

Surgery [penciled in] Sept. 19

Pre-Op diet starts Sept 7

Well, the insurance company again has all my papers - they said they will have a decision within 5-7 business days, so I'm going to start my pre-op diet as scheduled next Tuesday. I got the diet my surgeon wants - two Protein shakes a day, two Snacks [about 100 cal each] and a hi-protein/lo-carb dinner. I can't handle dairy, so getting my protein in without cheese/yogurt or milk is hard. I have limited protein drinks I can have, but Isopure powder is on the list and I like the taste. I've found some 100 cal snack bars with good protein and with fruits and nuts will have the two snacks taken care of. Eating liquid/light meal for 2 weeks will be the hardest part of the banding - I think. It will take a great more discipline to reign in the eating without a band to help. But all of your comments have encouraged me. It is only two weeks. Oh, and NO caffeine, carbonation, sugar and the like. Those around me in the morning will be sorry about the no caffeine part :-)

I get banded 9/21....start my liquid diet on Monday. I have a family BBQ on Sunday so my hope is that I can enjoy a last day of 'full food' before this begins. It is sort of odd and maybe not the wisest thing, but I have been having little 'favorites' this week that I know I can't or shouldn't have after surgery. Has anyone else done this???

I'm quite excited to get started...I got remarried on the 1st of this year (1-1-11) and we are celebrating with a renewal/reception in November so I'm hoping I will have lost a good amount and feel more comfortable at my party! :)

Looking so forward to getting to know more people who are on this same track!

Go September Bandies!!!

Well folks, today is the day! I check in at 10:30, and my surgery should be around 12:30. I am super excited, not as nervous as I thought I would be. My pre-op appointment was yesterday, and everyone made me feel at ease. I will keep you posted on how things go!

Good luck this morning :)

I was not told about the no caffeine ! : > ( Did your doc say the reason for that? I don't have a pre-op diet but am going to just try the different Protein Shakes so I'm prepared after my surgery on the 14th. But what is with the no caffeine that is a very difficult task for me much harder than not eating

I was told no soda because of the carbonation but no where on my dr.s instructions does it say no caffeine. I get a LITTLE in with the energy crystal lights, lol. The pre-op diet that my dr gave me was very specific for 2 weeks, then 2 days before I have to do a liquid diet and on it one of the 5 things I can have is black tea or coffee. It doesn't say Decaf. So many dr.s do things so different. You said you are going to try different Protein shakes, my dr. said that I shouldn't buy a big quantity of Protein Powder or anything because your tastes can change after the surgery.

My nutritious said caffeine dehydrates you, and the liquid diet already dehydrates you. She said I could have 8 oz per day. I'm on day 9 of 21 for the prop, and I've been off caffeine for 2 weeks today. The first week was hard, but now I'm ok! It's rough at first, but it gets easier! I just keep saying I can do anything for this short time frame!