Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am on day 3 of my preop. 2 Protein Drinks a day (200 cal or less, 20+of Protein, and 10 or less of carb) and then 1 meal of Soup. All the sugar free Jello and sugar free pudding and fat free cottage chese i want. I have a head ache and am a bit of a B**** right now. I get very hungry by the end of the day. But i am already seeing some pounds come off so that is good. This is definately a test of the will power! My garage is spotless and the rest of the house is getting pretty clean too. Guess thats not such a bad side effect of all this! Oh and I might add I am still trying to figure out how to choke these drinks down! Today I have had the Isopure... fruit punch- GAG a maggot!! I have to chase them with Water or a gatorade. I get real full on liquid thats for sure! Come on Sept 22!!!

I am on day 3 of my preop. 2 Protein drinks a day (200 cal or less, 20+of Protein, and 10 or less of carb) and then 1 meal of Soup. All the sugar free Jello and sugar free pudding and fat free cottage chese i want. I have a head ache and am a bit of a B**** right now. I get very hungry by the end of the day. But i am already seeing some pounds come off so that is good. This is definately a test of the will power! My garage is spotless and the rest of the house is getting pretty clean too. Guess thats not such a bad side effect of all this! Oh and I might add I am still trying to figure out how to choke these drinks down! Today I have had the Isopure... fruit punch- GAG a maggot!! I have to chase them with Water or a gatorade. I get real full on liquid thats for sure! Come on Sept 22!!!

Oh man, the first couple days when I started I was in a horrible mood and felt like crap! I guess the blood sugar being low. I eat my 'meal' late afternoon and that helps. The fruit punch Isopure is HORRIBLE!!!! The blue raspberry and green apple are really good though. Good to add to the mix though instead of just the 'shake' consistency. Good luck!

Oh man, the first couple days when I started I was in a horrible mood and felt like crap! I guess the blood sugar being low. I eat my 'meal' late afternoon and that helps. The fruit punch Isopure is HORRIBLE!!!! The blue raspberry and green apple are really good though. Good to add to the mix though instead of just the 'shake' consistency. Good luck!

Glad i am not the only one then to think it was bad! I also bought blueberry and mango peach to try. I also got some choc muscle milk light. I hope imfind something to make this a little easier! Ill get some green apple to try! Thanks!

Reddirt, im on day 2 and my head is pounding!!

Texasbandit, hope work went well.

J

Hi I survived work and it was better than expected!! I had 3 or 4 gas pains but they were brief. I feel better, still not hungry. Just thirsty!!

I'm so happy to say I got banded today! biggrin.gif I'm not feeling too much pain. Just a little discomfort. Everything went great but I wish I could have something more substantial than Clear Liquids. Hopefully it's not just the pain meds and I will continue to feel ok. Hahaha, how ironic I'm wanting a Protein Shake to help with the hunger when just yesterday I was hating them!

I'm so happy to say I got banded today! biggrin.gif I'm not feeling too much pain. Just a little discomfort. Everything went great but I wish I could have something more substantial than clear liquids. Hopefully it's not just the pain meds and I will continue to feel ok. Hahaha, how ironic I'm wanting a Protein shake to help with the hunger when just yesterday I was hating them!

Congrats! It is great to hear you are doing well. Enjoy your Protein and keep us posted on your progress.

Hi I survived work and it was better than expected!! I had 3 or 4 gas pains but they were brief. I feel better, still not hungry. Just thirsty!!

Good to hear work went good. Have you found anything that you can do to relieve the pain when it comes? Is it more apt to happen while sitting, standing, or it doesn't matter? I have my surgery next Friday and took the following week off, so I have lots of extra time to recover, but I go on a business trip a week later.

Thank you to everyone for sharing your experiences with us. It really is helping me through this liquid pre-op diet as well as preparing for the surgery and what to expect.

Today I have had the Isopure... fruit punch- GAG a maggot!! I have to chase them with Water or a gatorade.

I whole-heartedly agree... that fruit punch Isopure is horrible. The lemonade one was equally horrible. Happily, I only had to do clear Protein drinks like that for the last 48 hours prior to surgery, so I stuck with the better-tasting milky ones for most of the pre-OP diet. I like the World-Wide Pure Protein (chocolate), and I used the Isopure creamy vanilla powder to blend up with juice and yogurt to make shakes.

It is craaaaaazy to me how thirsty I am. I mean, I am consuming between 48-64 oz of straight Water every day, plus 1 mug of coffee, at least 1 110z can of Protein, and several glasses of juice cut with Water. This is probably more liquid than I have ever consumed in my life, and I am still thirsty all the dang time. So weird!

My gas pains strike when I'm lying down the most. At night I try to lay on my left side. It helps for me to stretch too. I thought I was doing fine. I'm seriously constipated!!! I had a sharp pain this evening and pain killers help dull the nerves. Walking does seem to help though. My problem is I don't burp at all. It swells in my chest but hardly nothing. I have been farting but I wish it would move a bit more.

Glad i am not the only one then to think it was bad! I also bought blueberry and mango peach to try. I also got some choc muscle milk light. I hope imfind something to make this a little easier! Ill get some green apple to try! Thanks!

The chocolate muscle milk light and the Isopure blue raspberry and green apple are my favorite. Let me know how the mango peach is. I haven't tried that or the grape. I did try the pineapple banana one and it was okay.

I'm so happy to say I got banded today! biggrin.gif I'm not feeling too much pain. Just a little discomfort. Everything went great but I wish I could have something more substantial than clear liquids. Hopefully it's not just the pain meds and I will continue to feel ok. Hahaha, how ironic I'm wanting a Protein shake to help with the hunger when just yesterday I was hating them!

That's awesome! I hope you continue to feel good! When will they let you have the Protein shakes? I am hating them at this point too but I better get over it.... So you are hungry though?

I have my Banded Plication surgery on Sept. 6th. Started my Pre-op diet last night. Soup...Really looking forward to a new healthier body and Life!

So how have u been? How has your pain been? I am getting band with plication too. Set for 22nd.

That's awesome! I hope you continue to feel good! When will they let you have the Protein shakes? I am hating them at this point too but I better get over it.... So you are hungry though?

I am terribly hungry. I really wish I wasn't because the clear liquids just aren't cutting it for me. Even the Isopure isn't satisfying the hunger. sad.gif Tomorrow I will be able to have the Protein Shakes along with creamy Soup, pudding, and applesauce. I am really looking forward to it!! I'm feeling pretty good today, but I only got about an hour of sleep last night. The gas pains are horrid. And I can't squeeze out a fart or burp to save my life!!