Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I found some vanilla caramel swirl Protein Powder today at my local grocery store(HyVee). I got it home and tried it and YUM, YUM!!! I just mixed it with slim milk and it tasted so good! I'm on day 4 of my liquid diet and have lost 9 pounds. I"m happy with that. It's a good start. rolleyes.gif

Ok. Have pretty nails and feet and bye bye grey roots. Now I am a lost ready for friday. Went to a party tonight. A Cuban party. I had Soup before I went there so I wouldn't be hungry. Paella, maduros Snacks and cake. I had a cup of Water, danced a little(at least I got some exercise in) and left. I was prod of myself. I broke down and told afewpeop,e what I was doing and I got nothing but positive response and support. I am really psyched for this. Even got into a pair of calvin jeans tonight because of the pre op diet and pounds lost. So much to look forward to.

Ok. Have pretty nails and feet and bye bye grey roots. Now I am a lost ready for friday. Went to a party tonight. A Cuban party. I had Soup before I went there so I wouldn't be hungry. Paella, maduros Snacks and cake. I had a cup of Water, danced a little(at least I got some exercise in) and left. I was prod of myself. I broke down and told afewpeop,e what I was doing and I got nothing but positive response and support. I am really psyched for this. Even got into a pair of calvin jeans tonight because of the pre op diet and pounds lost. So much to look forward to.

Congrats to you! Doesn't it feel so good when you can have the will power to not cheat :) I bet you are so excited! I have till the 12th and can't wait to get there!

Hi folks, I'm Gary and I have just found the site. This could be really useful as I don't know anyone personally who has had a band. My first visit to the surgeon was mid July and he suggested 2 appointments with the dietician and a final appointment with him (Mr. Robert Stuart, Ross Hall Hospital, Scotland), which was yesterday (27th Aug). Decision made and I'm going to do it and now have a banding date (29th Sept). Need to go see the dietician again to get the lowdown on the pre op diet but looking forward to just getting on with it now. No idea how easy or hard this is going to be but determined to get fit as soon as possible. Been unfit for too long! :(

29th looks popular

That makes 3 of us for the 29th! Busy day!

Hello everyone!!!!

I can't wait for Sept 13th - my surgery date!

As a firefighter/paramedic for a Chicago suburb I can't continue to be this big & be good at my job... I'm done being overweight & can't wait to make this life change!

I'm on day 4 of 21 of the pre op liquid diet, and having a hard time - my own fault for not planning. I'm required to get the Bariatric Advantage shakes, and they do have a bad after taste. I've fixed that by having a pc of sugar free gum when I finish. It helps clean my mouth. My favorites are the dessert flavors. Hope this will help others having the same challenge!

Well I just had a big test of will power. Celebrated my parents' 51st anniversary. And I shopped and cooked and presented them with a beautiful gormet meal with my brother and my son. And I had my organic cuban black bean Soup 10grams of Protein liquified with sodium free beef broth. I've figured out how to be creative and still satisfied. I know I will be eating like this after banding. Whole foods is a good place to find legal stuff. We even brought out the top of their cake from last year's 50th celebration. It looked and smelled great but I was good. I got to be the chef and enjoyed prepping and watching them eat. I set my place at the table with good china and spoon. I also broke down and told a few friends what i am doing and they are thrilled. Day 5 pre op diet and doing well. Even got my monthly bill and althoug have the typical bloating I don't feel it. Lots of Water and bathroom visits. Counting down 5 days to go.

I will also be banded on Sept. 2nd. I had pre-ops done on Aug. 24th. I've been on the Sugar Busters Diet for 3 weeks. Can't WAIT!!!

Whoop whoop! We're getting banded on the same day!

I'm a little nervous about vomiting as well. One of my sisters vomits often, but I believe it's because she has not learned how to properly slow down and eat her food. I am determined to vomit as little as possible, even though I realize I will have to go through some growing pains as I adjust to life with the band.

SEPTEMBER 2ND YIPEEE CAN'T WAIT!!! ALTHOUGH, I AM A LITTLE NERVOUS BECAUSE I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY TYPE OF SURGERY.

I've started my pre op diet 8/26 and surgery is scheduled for 9/9. I am very hungry and am trying my best to stay positive. It is hard to just not eat and have only shakes!

Well I just had a big test of will power. Celebrated my parents' 51st anniversary. And I shopped and cooked and presented them with a beautiful gormet meal with my brother and my son. And I had my organic cuban black bean Soup 10grams of Protein liquified with sodium free beef broth. I've figured out how to be creative and still satisfied. I know I will be eating like this after banding. Whole foods is a good place to find legal stuff. We even brought out the top of their cake from last year's 50th celebration. It looked and smelled great but I was good. I got to be the chef and enjoyed prepping and watching them eat. I set my place at the table with good china and spoon. I also broke down and told a few friends what i am doing and they are thrilled. Day 5 pre op diet and doing well. Even got my monthly bill and althoug have the typical bloating I don't feel it. Lots of Water and bathroom visits. Counting down 5 days to go.

Congrats, that is so great! Like you, I have found ways to be creative, and I have really been enjoying the things I made. Organic bean Soups have been great. Dr. Quilici also allows yogurts in the liquid pre-OP diet, so for example, organic black bean soup with some extra mexican spices and a dollop of non-fat plain greek yogurt (instead of sour cream) makes a great, healthy, dinner with a large dose of protein. I also got a hand mixer, and love blending juices with ice and 1/3 c. of that same yogurt for a smoothie. Add some unflavored protein powder for some additional "staying power" to the smoothie (I've found that the more protein in the meal, the longer I stay full). It has really been working great, and I am enjoying it. Post-OP, I have bags of frozen organic fruits and berries that I will also blend in (when I am allowed more than juice).

Anyway, I am on the last leg of my pre-OP diet (surgery is Thursday, and I make the switch to Clear Liquids on Tuesday), and I wanted to share some of the tricks that made the last week and a half fly by for me.

Good luck everyone!

Hi Everyone! Sounds like we are going to have a great group!

I'm going to put together a list of everyone by Thursday so we can start the count down.

Also,

does anyone have a great list of prerequisites for your day (a shopping list to have on hand when you get home from surgery, little hints for getting thru the first few days, etc?)

I'm getting excited and apprehensive at the same time, but I know this is going to work!

I just started today high Protein no carb (low) for 10 days until my preop and then I think he's going to have me go liquid diet from the 7th to the 19th (surgery date), but I'm not sure. We will see!

You can do it!