Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Serifa - I'm 14 days post op and nervous like you. Congrats on losing 15 lbs. I lost most of my weight already prior to surgery. I'm very nervous because I still have two weeks of liquid diet and I'm not sure how much more I'll lose so transitioning back to "real food" I'm afraid of PBing and stretching - all the bad as well as all the good.

May

Banded & Hernia Surgery: July 22, 2011

Pre-Op Diet started June 7, 2011

21eeb1ed6596b3b.gif

Amy, that sounds scary. Glad you were better after a few minutes. I am nervous about that.

I've realized that I used to gulp Water all day. I don't really drink anything but water and usually a lot of it. I'm mourning that capability. I've been very slowly sipping water and it takes about an hour to get 8 oz down. Is this normal or am I being overly cautious? I don't really get any physical signals to drink slower or faster, but I'm afraid I'll stretch my pouch.

I'm 9 days post-op, feeling good, some moments of pain, little gas still. But sometimes I have brief thoughts, will I ever feel normal towards something simple as drinking water again, and what have I done to myself. Upside, I've lost 15 lbs. so I have to keep focussed on what great things these changes (good and bad) will bring.

Sorry, little bit of a rant ...

Also, Shauna how are you, hope you are doing well!

—Serifa

so...I'm 16 days out and have only lost 2lbs...i dont know how that is possible since i've only been eating 500-800 calories a day and still on full liquids and really mushie type foods. I suppose because i'm a rebander, my body is already used to cutting calories drastically.

I got a bodybugg a week ago and let me tell you, it is so motivating to see how many calories I am burning. my kids went back to school today so I went back to the gym, it felt great to jog again, I pretty much took the summer off.

I hope everyone here is doing fantastic! Keep up the losses, it's motivating to see people doing well.

Danielle

Maybe you are not eating enough. Just a thought.

Hey Kate,

I am doing ok, very little weight loss, but no weight gain, either. So i am ok with where I am at for now. still on mushies. I would kill for a sandwich or salad. don't go on regular food til the 17th. trying to be good. chew, chew, chew. I am down 19 lbs and look pretty good, but then again, at 5'10, 217 isn't too terribly bad, but neither would 170!!!! I have only had that one bout of "sticking" that you helped me through.

Take care,

Lisa

How's everyone doing? Shauna, Lisa, all of you?

I'm stalled at 172, my nemesis weight through the past 10 years. I know once I break through the plateau I will be ok but I'm frustrated right now. For some perverse reason my body thinks this weight is right for me. Ugh...

Looking forward to my first fill. Hope you all are doing well.

Maybe you are not eating enough. Just a thought.

Yeah it could totally be that...The dr. recommends 800 calories a day, so I'm trying to follow his advice. I have my first fill in 2 weeks, so I plan on showing him my food logs and see what i've lost and see what feedback he gives me. I just had so many hopes with this new band...I imagined I'd be down 10lbs or so by now. I lost slowish the first time around too. Took 3 years to lose 100. But yeah, you are prob right about not having enough calories. HOw many calories do the rest of you eat?

Want to lose at least 2 pounds more so I can get to a bmi of 30 before my first fill. Unfortunately, with no help from the band, I'm really struggling with that. But I've had NSVs that tell me I'm definitely losing fat, especially around my middle. So, I'm just going to roll with it and see how it goes.

So.... Haven't been back to this thread in a few days, but it's nice to read everyone's posts. Although I feel comforted by what I've read, I'm still SO anxious & frustrated right now - even if I know logically I shouldn't be... My story? I was banded on the 19th. I had my first post-op doctor visit last Thursday the 28th, and I was down 22 lbs since I had gone on my pre-op diet on July 14th. I was really excited! Now... between this site and what the PA said to me that day, I knew my loss numbers would not be the same in the following days. It just makes sense I wouldn't lose as much now that I had the clearance to eat something besides broth and sugar-free Jello & popscicles, right? Yet, I'm actually really down right now that I'm at a stand-still right now - maybe I've lost a lb or 2...

Background: I've always had a hard time with my weight. I was sort of thin in high school, but as I look back that was probably because I had a boarderline eating disorder - as many girls did in my class. I have had hips & big breasts since at least 6th grade, I'm not that tall (5' 4"), and my mother didn't eat OR cook. So although I look at myself in HS photos and am OK with what I see, I know I NEVEr felt skinny like many of my friends, and know that I ate maybe a few bowls of Cereal a day to be that way... And that was when my metabolism was probably at its best!

Fast-foward through a high stress career, three children (one who was diagnosed 3 years ago with autism), and an illness (not cancer) in April of 2010 that almost killed me, caused me to lose all of my hair, and effectively wrecked my metabolism, and here I am today. I've done the diets, the weight watchers points, the personal trainers since then,,, all to starve myself, kill myself, and lose 10 lbs in 2.5 months... This is when I finally decided on surgery. I KNEW (I KNOW) it is not the magic answer to my problem, and I;m happy I've already lost twice the amount than in my previous, serious attempt. BUT... I can't help but need a little moore "nudging: to know this surgery is worth it. I can't even start to think that I went to this drastic measure only to have to obsess unhealthily about food and carbs and fat and Water intake and measurements... and become one of those people who talk about food constantly = "Oh, do you know about such and such recipe/replacement/blah, blah, blah" = their only topic of conversation topic?? I want to live my life = social, cocktails, making a dinner for my three boys & husband that we can all eat,,, But I want to lose too!!!

OK. I've ranted & raved enough. I'm just having a little melt-down, and am hoping there is someone else out there like me who is feeling the same. Again... I know it could be worse. But I'm eating 800 calories or less right now, but not seeing results. SO hoping my "fill" on the 22nd will help - but don 't want to get my hopes too up either...

Here's to a great end of summer!! (As a teacher, I count out my time in this way. Hoping to feel on a better path come the start of a new school year :)

Thanks for listening (reading) :) Would love any words of wisdom, encouragement, tips, or just a note telling me I'm not a total freak-show... LOL :)

HUGS!! Kell

I don't know if anyone else in our group has had a Tummy Tuck before now, but I'm realizing mine will need to be touched up. A mini-tuck is in my future!

I don't know if anyone else in our group has had a Tummy Tuck before now, but I'm realizing mine will need to be touched up. A mini-tuck is in my future!

Hi Kell,

Some points of your story are very similar to mine (including the child with autism!), so please feel that you're not alone. I'm not an expert, and I have been on this almost the same time as you, but my rationale is the following: During pre op and the first days of post op, we were loosing weight because we were on a restriction diet. Thank goodness for those 22 pounds you lost (me too!!). However, our bodies are now healing from the shock of surgery. The lap band is not "functioning" yet, in other words, it's just there, but with no fill, there is no real function. Sooooo.... once we have our fill, we will start seeing the band at work!!! I wil have mine on the 25th and I'm looking forward to it!!! Let's keep our spirits up, and you will see, and I will see that this IS going to WORK!!!! WOO HOOO!!!!!!! I keep telling myself.... I'm in this for the long run~~ so we don't need to push it... it WILL happen for us!!! It will!!!!!!!

:D

Hi Kell,

Some points of your story are very similar to mine (including the child with autism!), so please feel that you're not alone. I'm not an expert, and I have been on this almost the same time as you, but my rationale is the following: During pre op and the first days of post op, we were loosing weight because we were on a restriction diet. Thank goodness for those 22 pounds you lost (me too!!). However, our bodies are now healing from the shock of surgery. The lap band is not "functioning" yet, in other words, it's just there, but with no fill, there is no real function. Sooooo.... once we have our fill, we will start seeing the band at work!!! I wil have mine on the 25th and I'm looking forward to it!!! Let's keep our spirits up, and you will see, and I will see that this IS going to WORK!!!! WOO HOOO!!!!!!! I keep telling myself.... I'm in this for the long run~~ so we don't need to push it... it WILL happen for us!!! It will!!!!!!!

:D

Thank you, THANK YOU for a response. Sometimes I just feel like that's all I need = one person to identify more specifically than not with what I'm saying. I guess I hav a "buried" unrealistic notion that I canstart back at school looking SO fabulous - and all I'm doing is setting myself up for failure. It will definitely take more time than a couple of months. (Its just that those people haven't seen me in a few months. But what do I think this is? "The Biggest Loser" for Gripe's sake? Ridiculous... :) I seem to be a "bit" smaller, so I'm going to concentrate on getting a few outfits that have an other color than black,,, maybe wear some lipgloss... and I should be good :) LOL!!

SO HAPPY TO KNOW WE'RE WORKING IT TOGETHER! keep in touch here or on the "general lap-band" thread!!

xo. Kell

Th

Sorry guys I've not been around, been kind of depressed about my lack of weight loss. At one point my home scale was saying I was down 8 lbs a week after surgery...now it saying only 2 lbs. It's my fault because I've not been sticking with a strict diet....I just don't have the willpower right now and the band has no restriction so it's just like it was before. I'm really hoping for some better results after my fill on the 18th.

Shauna

so...I'm 16 days out and have only lost 2lbs...i dont know how that is possible since i've only been eating 500-800 calories a day and still on full liquids and really mushie type foods. I suppose because i'm a rebander, my body is already used to cutting calories drastically.

I got a bodybugg a week ago and let me tell you, it is so motivating to see how many calories I am burning. my kids went back to school today so I went back to the gym, it felt great to jog again, I pretty much took the summer off.

I hope everyone here is doing fantastic! Keep up the losses, it's motivating to see people doing well.

Danielle

Hey, Shauna. I've been feeling a little like that, too. I keep having to remind myself that I am currently in bandster hell--I can't expect to lose like I will when my band and I have learned to work together a little better and my band has more fill. We will get there. Just not this week. :rolleyes:

Sorry guys I've not been around, been kind of depressed about my lack of weight loss. At one point my home scale was saying I was down 8 lbs a week after surgery...now it saying only 2 lbs. It's my fault because I've not been sticking with a strict diet....I just don't have the willpower right now and the band has no restriction so it's just like it was before. I'm really hoping for some better results after my fill on the 18th.

Shauna

I've FINALLY started losing weight again!!! I had some issues with my BC pills so I've been SUPER bloated and stuff but that's all done now... AND I LOST ANOTHER 3KG!!!!

That means I've lost 9kg (almost 20lbs!) since starting pre-op!!! =D

PS I'm REALLY sorry for being all MIA... Schools gone back and the workload is HUGE!!!