Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Ladies! Its been quite sometime since I've been here. I've been reading the posts and am happy to see that everyone is chugging along. Shauna- don't worry it will all come together. I've actually have been having a bad time too. I recently lost my job and am actively, passionately, and desperately looking for a new one! My old self would have resorted to eating my blues away but now with the band I can't do that but I also haven't lost much weight. ugh!! I get my first fill on the 24th so I can't wait to start losing again. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Shauna, it's so good to hear from you. I think you are doing great, just keep in mind that the first few postsurgery months are for healing and this is not where we are expected to lose so much. Also, they say it's safer on our bodies to lose 1 to 2 pounds per week. You have gone through so much with the surgery and job loss but are still managing to maintain and even lose a little. Every pound counts!

Hang in there, you're doing great!

Serifa

Sorry guys I've not been around, been kind of depressed about my lack of weight loss. At one point my home scale was saying I was down 8 lbs a week after surgery...now it saying only 2 lbs. It's my fault because I've not been sticking with a strict diet....I just don't have the willpower right now and the band has no restriction so it's just like it was before. I'm really hoping for some better results after my fill on the 18th.

Shauna

Shauna & Kell, I know how you are feeling, I had no weight loss for 3 weeks!! I got my fill last week and really feel no difference but I try every day to keep on track. It's tough with the heat here currently because I'm thirsty a lot so I drink with meals and during the day if I'm out with people I tend to stop and get a mocha frappucino from Starbucks :o However, I make myself work out every day, or almost every day and I keep reminding myself that eventually I will get my band where it needs to be and hopefully by then I will have gotten used to better eating habits too!! In the mean time I know I'm getting healthier with most of my food choices and my exercising. Try not to let the scale discourage you. Just consider this time an adjustment period.

Good luck to all of us, I know if we stick with this we will see those pounds going down on the darn scale!!

Feeling the same way as you guys, banded on the 14th, no fill until Sept. 1, and surgery/recovery have just completely broken my pre-op rhythm! My head isn't as clear and motivated (could be all that caffeine I can't have anymore!) and my body is struggling to get the strength it had before surgery back again. I have muscle cramps on my port side constantly, my first TOM since surgery was way more intense than they used to be, and I don't have a scale at home so I am not sure if I am losing at all right now. Bandster Hell is right! I have started with a therapist to try to deal with my eating issues, and my husband has changed his own lifestyle to be in sync with what I am doing, so its not like i dont have the support at home. I don't keep very good food logs, always been a problem for me, but I know I'm eating WAY less than I used to and exercising like I should. I'm just in a rut I guess. Anyone have any tips on how to make food logging less of a pain in the you-know-what? My five year old literally groans when I take out my little notebook for the hundreth time to record my Water, Protein, calories, Vitamins, blah blah blah. I can't stick to it because it feels so tedious. Thanks for any ideas, Rebecca

Hi everyone! I want to share a wonderful NSV that I had today. I wore my size 14 cami and large size long black skirt to my friend's pool party. It looked good! it did not require modification to put on or zip (it zips on side, fitted through abdomen)! I'm so excited! I tried it on a month ago and couldn't pull it over my breasts! Now, I just got a new outfit without spending a dime! I swear, going to my closet is like going to the mall where I already own it.

I got my size medium BDU pants buttoned, but they are still too tight to wear - have major muffin top issues and no room to tuck in shirt. And they definitely did not pass the squat test. :-( but give it a few more weeks, and it will! :-)

share some nsvs!

I use myfitnesspal.com and I love it. It had a huge database of foods to help you track. The thing I like about it is that I can print reports and I can notice patterns, like too much sodium and carbs. Very helpful. There are lots of free online programs to help. It is a pain, but now I'm used to it.

Amy

Feeling the same way as you guys, banded on the 14th, no fill until Sept. 1, and surgery/recovery have just completely broken my pre-op rhythm! My head isn't as clear and motivated (could be all that caffeine I can't have anymore!) and my body is struggling to get the strength it had before surgery back again. I have muscle cramps on my port side constantly, my first TOM since surgery was way more intense than they used to be, and I don't have a scale at home so I am not sure if I am losing at all right now. Bandster Hell is right! I have started with a therapist to try to deal with my eating issues, and my husband has changed his own lifestyle to be in sync with what I am doing, so its not like i dont have the support at home. I don't keep very good food logs, always been a problem for me, but I know I'm eating WAY less than I used to and exercising like I should. I'm just in a rut I guess. Anyone have any tips on how to make food logging less of a pain in the you-know-what? My five year old literally groans when I take out my little notebook for the hundreth time to record my Water, Protein, calories, Vitamins, blah blah blah. I can't stick to it because it feels so tedious. Thanks for any ideas, Rebecca

Hi everyone! I want to share a wonderful NSV that I had today. I wore my size 14 cami and large size long black skirt to my friend's pool party. It looked good! it did not require modification to put on or zip (it zips on side, fitted through abdomen)! I'm so excited! I tried it on a month ago and couldn't pull it over my breasts! Now, I just got a new outfit without spending a dime! I swear, going to my closet is like going to the mall where I already own it.

I got my size medium BDU pants buttoned, but they are still too tight to wear - have major muffin top issues and no room to tuck in shirt. And they definitely did not pass the squat test. :-( but give it a few more weeks, and it will! :-)

share some nsvs!

Sharing a NSV: I have worked for the same man for 22 years. He is a 82 year old fittness buff who is in great shape .....but doesn't eat real food at all. Always tells me I have to lose weight and go on a diet. He is very wealthy & crude but not a happy person at all. I did not and would never tell him about the lapband. So Friday he says to me "have you lost some weight....your face looks prettier". When I told him I did he said "if you lose 30 lbs I'll give you a bonus". I just grinned and bit my tongue. Hope I can do this.....CAT

Hi everyone. Like most of you, I was banded in July With no big problems. I am curious about how much everyone has lost total including the pre op diet. It's hard to gauge not knowing the average. Also, how has life changed since everyones first fill. I am scheduled on the 12th for my first fill. Thanks

Hi All

I was banded on the 25th of July. I feel quite good after some little bumps in the road. I started some 'mushies' today - scrambled eggs - yummmmmo.

I am wondering if people puree mince and lentil kinda dishes at this point? I have been surviving on a fantastic pumpkin Soup I made, along with Protein Shakes.< /p>

Also - I am not so clear on the 'mushies' having to be separated from Water. My understanding was use water to gently get the 'mushies' down and then start to separate the two?

And - another question - well, wanting to clear something - you CAN? eat ice-cream, just suggested you don't for weight loss?

Questions, questions. Wish I had my own coach on tap!

All the best in your weight loss journeys.

Sunday

Oh! - I forgot to ask my big question - How do you get the PIN so you can get one of those weight loss tickers. I want one - but can't seem to work it out.

share some nsvs!

That is so awesome! Congrats! BDU? are you air force?

Hi everyone. Like most of you, I was banded in July With no big problems. I am curious about how much everyone has lost total including the pre op diet. It's hard to gauge not knowing the average. Also, how has life changed since everyones first fill. I am scheduled on the 12th for my first fill. Thanks

Hi, I'm a rebander and this time around is a bit different. I was banded on july 21st and i've only lost 2 pounds despite following the post op diet to the letter. I'm slowly getting my energy back and just started to be able to eat soft meats. I think I have a bit of restriction, the new band has taken the edge off the constant hunger and I feel like I'm back on track. My first fill is on the 18th.

D

Just alittle check in here. I was banded on July1. My only problem was that I took an allergic reaction to the tape over the incisions so after it was removed it was red and itchy for about 2 weeks. Other than that, everything went well. I felt awful for 1 week but since then, I've felt great!! I lost 18lbs in the first two weeks and then the scale stopped moving since I added in mushies and then soft foods. Now that my body has adjusted I am steadily loosing!!! I joined the gym and I'm doing cardio 5x's a week. Today I get my first fill and hopefully clearance to use all of the other things at the gym. As of this morning, I'm down 30lbs!!!! :D

I'm so glad to see everyone's progress and support here, eventhough I don't post alot!!

Have a great Monday everyone!!!

I haven't had a fill yet. Banded 5 weeks tomorrow and have lost 9kg which is almost 20lbs. =)

BDUs for law enforcement. I graduated to a medium shirt in June but the pants are definitely still a challenge. The large pants are way too big in legs and butt and the waist has 4 inches to spare! But the mediums are just too small in the waist - I think I need another two inches off waist in order to wear.

I had to wear civilian clothes for my 3 weeks of limited duty and found myself enjoying my shrinking body! I'm serious, going to my closet is like going to the mall! I found clothes I forgot about and made them look good! I have a super sexy black evening gown that I want to be in by Christmas. Have to be at 155 for that, 16 pounds from where I'm currently sitting.