Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any July 2011 Bandsters?

My surgery date is July 13th! I'm really excited, yet kind of nervous. I'm a 40 year old mother of three. I have been overweight half my life (since becoming pregnant with my first daughter). I'm not wanting to be skinny, just healthy. I've lost about 20 pounds (only needed to lose 12) since February. A lot of lifestyle changes. I gave up caffeine completely in March. Not a soda drinker, but love my ice tea. I've been drinking a Protein shake for Breakfast about 5 days a week for about 3 months now. Start my pre-op liquid diet on Monday.

My only concern is not drinking before or after eating. I'm still having trouble with breaking that habit. Any suggestions?

My stats: Starting weight 249/BMI 46, current weight 229/BMI 42. Looking to get down to 125 pounds.

Iam having my surgery on 7/7/11. I started the liver reduction diet 2 days ago,feeling hungry.

Welcome PongosMom, pinktink, and Tammy!

Congrats LisaB on getting your date!

MassMom, I'm so sorry about your endoscopy. I've been told I'll be knocked out for it, for which I am grateful. I also have my "Am I doing the right thing?" days, I think it is pretty normal when you are making such a huge lifestyle change. I have lots of fears...will I fail? What if I don't have the willpower to follow the diet and keep working out? How bad is getting stuck going to hurt? What if I slime in front of people?!!! When all these things go through my mind I just recall all the people on these boards that wouldn't change getting the band for anything and have been successful and it helps.

I want to just say to Kevin and Stan to please stay active on the thread...it is so nice to have some guys around!

Best of luck to all of you starting your liquid pre-ops, you can do it! Just think, I'll be STARTING my pre-op while you are already over your surgery and getting to mushies! Promise me you won't rub it in :)

Here's our updated list:

No date yet: Shauna Deanne, kychick1294, 30Something (JeVona), nickieredd79

June 30: Nechama L

July 1: jenjaw, nancy2011, amjcal, Tracy N, xlstan, Wendy Muehleisen, ahassan, KevinM,

lifeisjustbeginning2011 (Amy)

July 5: AlyGurl (Aly), MassMom01527 (Steph), Allison0927, Harvest Farmer, wannabe21bmi (Kate), Kim from CT

July 6: lizzy21050, crash878905, Lorelei

July 7: nesportsfan, hokdo, songbird5769, Short and Chunky, LisaB68, pinktink

July 11: dixiechick, honeybunny, Jessica43082, hlong1985

July 12: BandedApril (April)

July 13: CurlyDiva, Tammy A

July 14: crystalddm

July 15: Corize, JohnnyBoy

July 19: Mrs. Schultz

July 21: NomersCat, Coco's mum

July 25: cat lady, dropsizes (Mary)

July 29: ButterflyM, PungosMama

For those that can tolerate the whey Protein...Jay Robb makes a wonderful tropical dreamsicle Protein powder. You can buy them at the Vitamin shoppe or online at jayrobb.com. I mix it half with orange juice (with all the added vitamins) and Water. I would not be able to do this without it. They also make a pina colada powder, not as good as the dreamsicle, but definitely better than most other flavors I have tried.

My two week pre-op is 4 shakes a day only. Water, water, water and I can have my decaffeinated ice tea with splenda. It will be a long two weeks as I have the 4th of July weekend to get through as well as travelling to Alabama for a family reunion the weekend before my surgery. I can do this. I will do this.

so i am finding i am not really hungry on this liquid diet, just used to putting something in my mouth unnecessarily...anyone have similar thoughts? i am afraid i will break after a day or two, or maybe it will get easier, i am not sure?

I'm on day 3 and it gets SOOO much easier!! On days 1 and 2 I was a VERY unhappy camper. Everyone told me that it gets better and the whole time I was thinking, yea right, how could this get better??? It does, I promise! I have 11 more days of this so I'll be right there with you! Good luck :)

I know I may be the only one out there but I am not hungry at all on my pre op liquid diet. I'm completely satisfied physically. Mentally, I'm still hungry. I want to eat everything in sight just to chew lol :huh:

Welcome PongosMom, pinktink, and Tammy!

Congrats LisaB on getting your date!

MassMom, I'm so sorry about your endoscopy. I've been told I'll be knocked out for it, for which I am grateful. I also have my "Am I doing the right thing?" days, I think it is pretty normal when you are making such a huge lifestyle change. I have lots of fears...will I fail? What if I don't have the willpower to follow the diet and keep working out? How bad is getting stuck going to hurt? What if I slime in front of people?!!! When all these things go through my mind I just recall all the people on these boards that wouldn't change getting the band for anything and have been successful and it helps.

I want to just say to Kevin and Stan to please stay active on the thread...it is so nice to have some guys around!

Best of luck to all of you starting your liquid pre-ops, you can do it! Just think, I'll be STARTING my pre-op while you are already over your surgery and getting to mushies! Promise me you won't rub it in :)

Here's our updated list:

No date yet: Shauna Deanne, kychick1294, 30Something (JeVona), nickieredd79

June 30: Nechama L

July 1: jenjaw, nancy2011, amjcal, Tracy N, xlstan, Wendy Muehleisen, ahassan, KevinM,

lifeisjustbeginning2011 (Amy)

July 5: AlyGurl (Aly), MassMom01527 (Steph), Allison0927, Harvest Farmer, wannabe21bmi (Kate), Kim from CT

July 6: lizzy21050, crash878905, Lorelei

July 7: nesportsfan, hokdo, songbird5769, Short and Chunky, LisaB68, pinktink

July 11: dixiechick, honeybunny, Jessica43082, hlong1985

July 12: BandedApril (April)

July 13: CurlyDiva, Tammy A

July 14: crystalddm

July 15: Corize, JohnnyBoy

July 19: Mrs. Schultz

July 21: NomersCat, Coco's mum

July 25: cat lady, dropsizes (Mary)

July 29: ButterflyM, PungosMama

I love the list... it's good to see how many new people are on here... we're all in this journey together :)

Hey, Shauna! Cool idea with the spreadsheet. I just bought a super cute pink planner at Barnes and Noble in order to track my weight, inches, exercise, food problems, motivational thoughts, etc. in. I've tried tracking and journaling before and really liked it, so it will be nice to do it again. Plus I thought it would be convenient to carry to the doctor or on vacation or something.

Sorry about your date getting pushed back. I have to keep looking at my calenda or I know I'll forget something too!

Starting pre-op diet on Tuesday. This will be my last weekend of bad eating forever!

Man, am I a bonehead. Was supposed to have a gallbladder ultrasound and my blood tests today and forgot to fast. Now I can't get in until late next week. Considering it might take a while to get back the results, I'm probably looking at a late July date instead of mid-July date like I was hoping for. Bummer!

I made this really cool spreadsheet that my friend (the skinny nutritionist distance cycler) recommended I do. It starts out with your weight and then I put in each Friday's date. I then subtracted 2 lbs for each week, to show me at my goal a week before my 40th birthday! It's really easy to modify since it is all calculations...so if I don't make my weight loss one week, I just put in the actual number and then the numbers cascade down by themselves! If anyone wants it email me at potukmail@gmail.com with your email address and I'll send to you.

Shauna

Hi everyone, I'm new on the site. I am being banded on July 11th :) I am really excited and nervous at the same time. I cannot wait to start losing weight!

Just had my last appt before the surgery on the 1st. I'm feeling a little nervous but I am so ready to get this done. For those of you doing the Protein Shake diet please listen to your body. I started to feel lightheaded,dizzy etc but just chalked it up to the effects of being on a liquid diet and figured it would go away as I got used to it. Well, it didnt and needless to say I called the office and was told it may be due to the medication I am currently taking. So I was given permission to eat a small piece of chicken (palm size), 1 egg or 1 slice of cheese as a snack twice a day and guess what I feel tons better now. So lesson learned.... please contact your doctors office if you have any weird symptoms that persist.

Glad you are feeling better Nancy. I have heard it's not uncommon to feel "fluish" about 3 days in but if it seems extreme it's probably best to call the doc!

Shauna

Just had my last appt before the surgery on the 1st. I'm feeling a little nervous but I am so ready to get this done. For those of you doing the Protein Shake diet please listen to your body. I started to feel lightheaded,dizzy etc but just chalked it up to the effects of being on a liquid diet and figured it would go away as I got used to it. Well, it didnt and needless to say I called the office and was told it may be due to the medication I am currently taking. So I was given permission to eat a small piece of chicken (palm size), 1 egg or 1 slice of cheese as a snack twice a day and guess what I feel tons better now. So lesson learned.... please contact your doctors office if you have any weird symptoms that persist.

I start pre-op on Tuesday and have been getting the whole "last meal" thing done this weekend... but really, just eating junk food is making me feel awful. I don't think I'll miss it that much at all. =/

Welcome Breezybbyy .... this July group is so nice and helpful. Just knowing that you're not alone is great !

MassMom - oh my goodness - I cannot imagine have the endoscopy done without being under. Simply cannot imagine.

Hey Everyone, I love this thread :) My surgery got moved to June 30th, but I'm staying with you guys anyway lol. Halfway through the pre-op diet....only 5 days til band day!! I can't wait!!!

i am supposed to have 4-5 shakes a day and lots of Water, I can also have yogurt and then of course SF Jello and popsicles on this diet. they say i should be taking in 800 calories a day, but yesterday which was my first day on it, i struggled to get 800 calories (if you can beleive that!). i came in at around 700...should i eat something real to get there?