Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any July 2011 Bandsters?

Thanks for the list Shauna! I am on my 4th day of the 2 week Protein Shake diet. I had a horrible time the first few days but today I feel a lot better. How is everyone else doing on their Protein shake diet?

You can put me on there with no date yet. My real name is JeVona

OK, just decided to make the list since I have the time, let me know if I got any of them incorrect, or if anyone wants me to add their first name to their username.

No date yet: Shauna Deanne, LisaB68, kychick1294, 30Something, lifeisjustbeginning2011 (Amy)

June 30: Nechama L

July 1: jenjaw, nancy2011, amjcal, Tracy N, xlstan, Wendy Muehleisen, ahassan

July 5: AlyGurl (Aly), MassMom01527, Allison0927, Harvest Farmer

July 6: lizzy21050, crash878905,

July 7: nesportsfan, hokdo, songbird5769

July 11: dixiechick, honeybunny, Jessica43082, hlong1985

July 12: BandedApril (April)

July 13: CurlyDiva

July 14: crystalddm

July 15: Corize

July 19: Mrs. Schultz

July 21: NomersCat, Coco's mum

July 25: cat lady

I'm starting my Protein Shake diet tomorrow. I'm in an odd place, emotionally--totally freaking out and completely excited. Anyone else got seriously mixed feelings about this whole thing?

Thanks for the list Shauna! I am on my 4th day of the 2 week Protein shake diet. I had a horrible time the first few days but today I feel a lot better. How is everyone else doing on their protein shake diet?

Getting banded July 15th!

I am also scheduled for surgery in July - the 15th - and can hardly wait. I had originally pursued lap band 2 years ago. I was denied by insurance, after jumping through all their hoops, because they felt my obesity-related medical issues - sleep apnea, reflux, etc. - could be treated in ways other than surgery. I had lost 30 lbs. in preparation of surgery back then, felt a lot better physically & psychologically, so didn't appeal the decision. Unfortunately, since then I have managed to maintain the 30 lb weight loss but haven't lost any more. I, too, am in the 33-34 BMI range and have decided that I am going to do self-pay. Life is short and I refuse to go through the rest of it feeling & looking like I do.

Cheers to the journey ahead! :D

Hey, we're both July 15th. Good to meet you!

I am finding I really like my Protein Shakes (and the fact that they only cost $2 each doesnt hurt!) For those doing shakes, what kind are you having and are you mixing it yourself or getting the already made ones?

• Hello all- July 29 is the BIG day for me- yeah! Amy luv that story- will b looking for some when I go to my pre-op with the Dr. I have a STRICT 2 week pre-op liq diet:
  • 4 Protein drinks
  • 3 dairy (1cup skim milk or light yogurt
  • 3 Fiber supplements (2-3 tsp benefiber in 8oz water)
  • 1 cup raw veggies can use fat free vinaigrette
  • That's it and have to have 100 oz Water minimum for the day (of course everything above counts towards this)
  • I am going to do it because i like to follow the rules- but WOW it looks VERY challenging!
  • btw my protein has to be "pure whey protein isolate, low fat, less than 5 carbs, 20-30 gms protein
  • So I have my work cut out for me! Good luck to all!!

I am finding I really like my Protein Shakes (and the fact that they only cost $2 each doesnt hurt!) For those doing shakes, what kind are you having and are you mixing it yourself or getting the already made ones?

Funny. I just posted on my blog this morning about searching for the perfect Protein shake! Tough one. :)

Funny. I just posted on my blog this morning about searching for the perfect Protein shake! Tough one. :)

You should try the Myoplex ones. :)

Hello Everyone!

I'm scheduled to go in July 1st. Just like many of the posts I have read, I'm scared and excited as well. I have come to accept that I have an addiction to food and the band is only a tool. Believe it or not, the biggest problem is finding a therapist that deals with addiction of overeating.

Good luck to all of my fellow July "banders" and be strong!!!

Welcome JohnnyBoy, Butterfly, and Kevin! I will add you to the date list and repost later today.

Kevin, I was also looking for a therapist and the psychologist they required me to see pre-surgery had some good names for me...maybe you can try there?

For those of you trying to get your tickers working...use the "BBCode" text in your signature, NOT the HTML text. That worked for me.

Shauna

Wow Shauna your doing a great job with this thread! I love the dates list. I Started my pre-op diet yesterday 700-1000 cal a day, 3 shakes and 1 cup veggies, min. 60g Protein. I am o.k with it so far, just a mild nuisance headache. No caffiene is the worst part for me I looooove coffee. However I figure this can't be any worse than some of the absolutely crazy diets I have tried over the years, cleanses, fasts, juicing, and all the others...any thing is doable for (12) more days in my case. So good luck to all of you...I am also feeling a mix of crazy emotions. So nervous about anesthesia/ and complications, nervous about screwing up and not chewing enough...( I usually inhale food, I eat soooo quickly) and just how it will affect our whole family lifestyle. I don't want my family to feel like there is a great "Food Divide" between us. It is certainly going to be a summer of learning lessons.

I am finding I really like my Protein shakes (and the fact that they only cost $2 each doesnt hurt!) For those doing shakes, what kind are you having and are you mixing it yourself or getting the already made ones?

which ones are you using, i am going to purchase mine today for my liquid diet that starts tommorrow!

Hey, bandits!

I went today to meet with my nutritionist expecting to have to do the 2 week pre-op liquid diet. Imagine my surprise to find out that I only have to do a low-carb diet! Woot, woot! So here's to 2 more weeks of chewing!!

Oh, and I thought that I would be limited in my caffeine and dt.coke intake post-op, but they're not too worried about it. Yay! I don't think I could go without my coffee.

But, even though I'm delighted about alot of things, I wonder what your doctors have told you? Anybody had any conflicting info?

April